Home

NCAA 2014 FOUR Team Playoff Guide, Plus more Modding

This is a discussion on NCAA 2014 FOUR Team Playoff Guide, Plus more Modding within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-01-2021, 10:04 AM   #3001
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: NCAA 2014 FOUR Team Playoff Guide, Plus more Modding

ive done a 10 team win the conference and your in playoff format and yes its a little work but its worth it if you like parody in your dynasty
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-04-2021, 11:46 AM   #3002
Pro

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by archemities
ive done a 10 team win the conference and your in playoff format and yes its a little work but its worth it if you like parody in your dynasty
whoa i'd like to see a bracket of what this looks like.

#GoPackGo
Old 02-04-2021, 11:47 AM   #3003
Pro

re: bowl tie-ins, does anyone know if you can assign "generic" teams to the cotton bowl and peach bowl? If so, what happens? Because they're not technically "BCS" bowls in the game, I'm not sure how the game would go about assigning them teams. Whereas with the BCS bowls (R,F,S,O), i assume that the game logic is taking the next available teams in the rankings as assigning them to "generic" spots.

#GoPackGo
Old 02-04-2021, 11:30 PM   #3004
Get off my lawn

JHamilton9's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by thekodinator
re: bowl tie-ins, does anyone know if you can assign "generic" teams to the cotton bowl and peach bowl? If so, what happens? Because they're not technically "BCS" bowls in the game, I'm not sure how the game would go about assigning them teams. Whereas with the BCS bowls (R,F,S,O), i assume that the game logic is taking the next available teams in the rankings as assigning them to "generic" spots.
Yes, you can assign bowl games with a "Generic" conference and conference rank at "0."

The bowl games are ordered in importance, so the higher-ranked games will have the better teams. In one of the NCAA games, the Poinsettia Bowl has one of the opponents listed as "Generic." It gets a team, but not a top-ranked team, because it is a lower-ranked bowl game.

If you changed the opponents to "Generic" for the Peach and Cotton bowls, you would get some highly-ranked teams because those games are higher-ranked.
Old 02-05-2021, 11:19 AM   #3005
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by JHamilton9
Yes, you can assign bowl games with a "Generic" conference and conference rank at "0."

The bowl games are ordered in importance, so the higher-ranked games will have the better teams. In one of the NCAA games, the Poinsettia Bowl has one of the opponents listed as "Generic." It gets a team, but not a top-ranked team, because it is a lower-ranked bowl game.

If you changed the opponents to "Generic" for the Peach and Cotton bowls, you would get some highly-ranked teams because those games are higher-ranked.
Oh man, this is EXACTLY the info I was looking for. Thank you! Is that ranking found in the DB somewhere? Now I'm curious to find it. Does anyone know how the game prioritizes assigning those vs. the set tie-ins? For example, if I leave the Cotton Bowl open as "generic" and put B1G #2 in the Citrus Bowl, will it steal that team from the Citrus Bowl (assuming it's a higher ranked bowl game)?

#GoPackGo

Last edited by thekodinator; 02-05-2021 at 11:33 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-05-2021, 11:14 PM   #3006
Get off my lawn

JHamilton9's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by thekodinator
Oh man, this is EXACTLY the info I was looking for. Thank you! Is that ranking found in the DB somewhere? Now I'm curious to find it. Does anyone know how the game prioritizes assigning those vs. the set tie-ins? For example, if I leave the Cotton Bowl open as "generic" and put B1G #2 in the Citrus Bowl, will it steal that team from the Citrus Bowl (assuming it's a higher ranked bowl game)?
Somebody had done a test - I don't know if it is in this thread or in the Rosters forum - and set all the bowl games to be "Generic" opponents.

He was able to determine the priority selections for the bowl games. The test pretty much followed the #1 vs. #2, #3 vs. #4, etc. match-ups. There were a few games that didn't follow the exact order, but one could still figure out the order of importance.
Old 02-08-2021, 12:10 AM   #3007
Rookie

Screenshot (2).png
heres my format

i followed pocketscouts formula and with UofCwildcats video i was able to go in and set up my 10 team playoff which i made easy by taking all the confrence champs (win and your in) and going by records thats how my seeding takes place
Old 02-08-2021, 12:16 AM   #3008
Rookie

all my bowl games are open bids except for the playoffs they are slotted and i take those teams that are in the playoff bowls and give them bowls over the 6w bowl teams and this way only the bad bowl teams lose their bids and the better teams keep them

now with that said i run into the fact that even if i do this the game is still hard coded to take the #1 and #2 teams and put them into the natty and then i still have to do some maneuvering of teams to keep things the way i like it

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »