Home

Top Five Stories of 2013: NCAA Football's Demise

This is a discussion on Top Five Stories of 2013: NCAA Football's Demise within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-23-2013, 05:56 PM   #1
Executive Editor

RaychelSnr's Arena

OVR: 57
Top Five Stories of 2013: NCAA Football's Demise

It was all idle chatter at first — what could happen to the NCAA Football series as a result of the Ed O’Bannon lawsuit that is. Rumors would circulate, you’d hear schools were getting nervous, you’d hear the series’ future was in doubt.

But you didn’t want to believe it.

Read More - Top Five Stories of 2013: NCAA Football's Demise
Platform: Xbox 360 / PS3
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-23-2013, 06:25 PM   #2
MVP

Earl1963's Arena

OVR: 11
This is the most disappointing thing to ever happen to me in gaming. NCAA football has always been my favorite video game each year, and this news was pretty hard for me.
Old 12-23-2013, 07:15 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: Top Five Stories of 2013: NCAA Football's Demise

I just don't get why they can't do something such as:

- send a form to each school asking if they want in the next NCAA game but they will not be able to get any money out of it unless their school is on the front cover

- send forms for each player at each D1F school and ask if they want to be in the next NCAA game and if they say no their player/number will not be added and if they want in they can't sue for likeliness and cannot receive any money from being added in the game. Unless they get on the front cover.

I mean if you were a D1 athlete and you just read over a paper and basically you had either:

- receive no money and not be in the game
- receive no money and get to be in a video game.

What do you think an 18 year old would say to that? No shyt they'd want in. I'm sure EA can figure some paperwork out. And if a school doesn't want to be in someone can just make a teambuilder. I'm sure there's some legal stuff that prevents this which is why it hasn't happened but seriously I'm sure there's an answer.
Old 12-23-2013, 08:25 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 2
It would have been nice to get a new gen version before they shut it down.
Old 12-23-2013, 09:10 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 1
I just want to say that picture of Pitt and Virginia is the most realistic thing Ive seen. And that's on this generation too. bravo whoever caught that.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-23-2013, 09:31 PM   #6
Darkness!!!

DirtyJerz32's Arena

OVR: 41
Sad it happened this way, but with NCAA basketball and College Hoops games getting canceled, the writing was on the way. Here's hoping sometime this generation a new college game could come along.

Bill Walsh college football anyone? Tuscaloosa vs. Tallahassee?
Old 12-23-2013, 11:13 PM   #7
Banned

OVR: 0

The saddest thing is not getting a next Gen version before its demise. If a next gen version was available I would buy an Xbox One as there is nothing else tying me to the 360. But since NCAA is the game I play the most I'll be sticking to the 360 for a while
Old 12-24-2013, 01:31 AM   #8
Rookie

Jeremy7679's Arena

OVR: 18

I'm actually trying to look at the bright side of this. For starters, I don't have to worry about buying a PS4 because this is pretty much the only video game I play. The only other thing I use my PS3 is for Netflix, Hulu, etc.. Also, now I don't have to feel rushed to get my dynasty as far as I can before the next version comes out. At least for now anyway.
2013: Memphis (OC) 11-2, 7-1 AAC

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »