Home

Does anyone just not play defense?

This is a discussion on Does anyone just not play defense? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-10-2014, 12:17 AM   #33
MVP

jello1717's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: Does anyone just not play defense?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpartyParty11
Well maybe its the rules that is influenced by the bad tackling. there are so many rules; facemask, helmet to helmet, chop blocking, tackle with your head up. I mean, these players are used to smacking each other around, and now they have to think before they tackle instead of react.

In NCAA football though, the defense is just way too difficult. Like I said, since I've been doing my offline dyn, I haven't played with anyone in a while but I'm starting to get so frustrated with my defense. I can't play man because my guys get beat, zone coverage doesn't cover enough of the field and the cpu easily finds the holes. I once counted 35 broken tackles. I had one where the QB was doing a option, one guy missed the tackle, then another guy comes up and hits the qb as he tosses it to the running back, all my guys are blocked and the running back waltzes in for a TD. Blocks are almost impossible to shed and sometimes when you try to tackle, the player misses the angle or tackles too late.
Sliders fix a LOT of this.
College #1: Michigan Wolverines
College #2: Michigan State Spartans (my alma mater)
College #3: North Carolina Tar Heels
NHL: Detroit Redwings
Old 01-12-2014, 02:01 AM   #34
Rookie

OVR: 4

I only control the DT or Edge Rushers when I play defense, so the cpu can move the all on me especially ranked teams
Old 01-12-2014, 11:52 AM   #35
MVP

canesfins's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by RonMexico1992
Oh? The Hurricans looked GREAT on offense vs Florida LOL

Oh & considering the SEC has as many lock down defenses as the entire rest of the country, I guess so... There wasnt too many SEC schools getting lit up by non-sec competition.
Please explain to me what the Hurricanes have to do with my comment?

And your last part of your comment, A freshman lit up Alabama in the Sugar Bowl. Duke dropped a ton on A&M.We would see more of this if the SEC scheduled more out of conference opponents that are actually decent.

On topic: yesterday on heisman (Jarod's black sliders to make the game harder for experienced players) I held #9 Wisconsin to 3 points so it still is possible to play defense in this game. Controlling the clock on offense is big.

Last edited by canesfins; 01-12-2014 at 11:57 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-12-2014, 12:25 PM   #36
Pro

osubucki6's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by canesfins
Please explain to me what the Hurricanes have to do with my comment?

And your last part of your comment, A freshman lit up Alabama in the Sugar Bowl. Duke dropped a ton on A&M.We would see more of this if the SEC scheduled more out of conference opponents that are actually decent.

On topic: yesterday on heisman (Jarod's black sliders to make the game harder for experienced players) I held #9 Wisconsin to 3 points so it still is possible to play defense in this game. Controlling the clock on offense is big.
Don't get me wrong I'm on your side but you can't bring A&M into this because they aren't a true SEC team yet. Yeah they have a great offense but they haven't got their defense built up yet.
NBA-Sonics :'(
Old 01-12-2014, 01:46 PM   #37
Rookie

I've never actually controlled players on defense. The problem with doing so is defense is a matter of contain and executing your assignments, and the one thing I don't want to do is repeatedly be the guy who messes this up for my entire team. On top of that, I have never gotten comfortable with executing the right controls at the line of scrimmage to bust through and get to the backfield. If I did, I would probably be ok with playing some on defense.

This is why I am completely ok with playing as an offensive coordinator for right now. I have no responsibility for the defense and my games go much quicker. I'm only asked to do what I love doing. The only disappointing aspect as I don't get ST and I don't get to see the players I am still recruiting play on defense.
Old 01-12-2014, 03:54 PM   #38
MVP

OVR: 3

Alabama's pass D has been pretty bad against teams with taller WRs. They only have one good CB Belue, who has been playing hurt for the last few games, the other cb(s) they kept rotating out because of lack of protection. The other major issue was when Vinnie Sunsari got hurt, he made timely picks and a big run stopper. They needed him badly against Auburn. Oklahoma looks like they are set at qb for a few years. The SEC has tried to schedule good out of conference games like Alabama vs VT. They will still play a Sunbelt school most years.

Back to the game, on Heisman with good or better secondaries you can cover pretty well when you can get a team to passing situation. Just still expect CPU to complete about 50% if they throw it 20 or so times. Seems kind of weird that the CPU will usually air it out or pound it on you, very rarely a 50/50 mix.

PS3 NCAA 2014 Dynasty - Rags to Riches Online Dynasty - South Alabama
Old 01-12-2014, 09:44 PM   #39
Banned

Yeah well ohio st. sure looked great in their past 2 games. They probably got the "Miley Cyrus Glitch"
Old 01-13-2014, 04:15 AM   #40
MVP

DorianDonP's Arena

OVR: 9

I don't really struggle playing D in the game, it's just not fun. I LOVE the challenge of defense but it's not well represented in the game because the OL/DL interactions are awful. The patty cakey interactions take away from trying to control pass rushing DEs. Being a disrupting DT that clogs up holes and requires multiple blockers so the linebackers can make the tackle isn't represented well either.

Until they fix the trenches then I don't think playing D will ever be fun for me.I supersim now except for some drives.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »