Home

Remember when....

This is a discussion on Remember when.... within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-08-2014, 01:31 PM   #1
Rookie

SalvArmyMatt's Arena

OVR: 1
Remember when....

You could score a touchdown and there was like ten seconds you could run around and celebrate.... also go to the mascot and celebrate. What year was that 2011?

How many of you guys rubbed in your opponents face? When I was playing online that season it was interesting to watch what people did.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-08-2014, 01:59 PM   #2
Rookie

Brave22's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: Remember when....

Quote:
Originally Posted by SalvArmyMatt
You could score a touchdown and there was like ten seconds you could run around and celebrate.... also go to the mascot and celebrate. What year was that 2011?

How many of you guys rubbed in your opponents face? When I was playing online that season it was interesting to watch what people did.
I loved that!

Usually I only did that in offline dynasty when I was schooling the CPU though....

I think I led the nation in penalty yards bc of the spamming of the Heisman button.

Yet another great thing they took out eventually, like the academic suspensions (IMO)
--If you need it, you don't have it. If you have it you don't need it. But if you need and you don't have it, you want it. If you don't have any of it, then you really don't know how to get more of it to get started then anyways now do you? --
Old 02-09-2014, 07:06 PM   #3
Rookie

SalvArmyMatt's Arena

OVR: 1

I also like the high stepping on a break away play before you scored.

What about that "loud-meter"? Or the momentum shift thing?

I guess some things I don't miss too much, but they were kind of neat.
Old 02-09-2014, 10:51 PM   #4
MVP

SpartyParty11's Arena

OVR: 7

I remember hitting a player so hard, his helmet came off. There's a lot of things EA got rid of. Maybe the NCAA had some influence in that?

Michigan State Spartans
Oregon Ducks
Miami Hurricanes
Wake Forest Demon Deacons
Central Michigan Chippewas (College I'm Attending)
Old 02-10-2014, 10:27 AM   #5
MVP

cusefan74's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpartyParty11
I remember hitting a player so hard, his helmet came off. There's a lot of things EA got rid of. Maybe the NCAA had some influence in that?

I remember that! The first time I saw it I was like "HOLY CRAP (except not that word) that was awesome!" Then it started to happen a lot and it wasn't as cool any more. If it happened once in a while it would be great. Only EA takes away little things like that, that people like about the game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-10-2014, 10:28 AM   #6
Rookie

Brave22's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpartyParty11
Oh I am certain they were...

I heard they were the driving force behind getting rid of player suspensions because it displayed a negativity towards their overall product....

Because, you know, athletes never violate any ethical codes or get suspended while in college.
--If you need it, you don't have it. If you have it you don't need it. But if you need and you don't have it, you want it. If you don't have any of it, then you really don't know how to get more of it to get started then anyways now do you? --
Old 02-10-2014, 11:12 AM   #7
MVP

SpartyParty11's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by cusefan74
I remember that! The first time I saw it I was like "HOLY CRAP (except not that word) that was awesome!" Then it started to happen a lot and it wasn't as cool any more. If it happened once in a while it would be great. Only EA takes away little things like that, that people like about the game.
Maybe it doesn't happen as often as it did in the game, but I mean, there are several times now a days when helmets come off, especially when players aren't strapping their helmets. Imagine if the rule that a player has to leave for 1 play was in that game? Ohhhhhhhhhh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brave22
Oh I am certain they were...

I heard they were the driving force behind getting rid of player suspensions because it displayed a negativity towards their overall product....

Because, you know, athletes never violate any ethical codes or get suspended while in college.
Yea exactly. College football can be negative, actually a lot of the time. EA was just showing the realism in the sport. It made it interesting. Get rid of that was not going to tell kids "oh college football is perfect and no one does bad things." they know better. Especially when all you hear on the news now a days is players accepting money, or other illegal things

Michigan State Spartans
Oregon Ducks
Miami Hurricanes
Wake Forest Demon Deacons
Central Michigan Chippewas (College I'm Attending)
Old 02-10-2014, 12:33 PM   #8
Rookie

Cubs017's Arena

OVR: 2

I don't get why people enjoyed the suspensions and that stuff.

It was totally random. Not based on any ratings. Just random. It's not like where players have an injury rating or might get hurt if they're a QB running the ball - from what I could tell, it was just the AI throwing darts. Where's the fun in that? There was nothing you could do about it.

Also, I imagine that it also may have been removed for the athletes' sake. Most people probably play with named rosters now. As a player, you don't want a video game to randomly suspend a player with your name and make you look bad. I'm sure that the different schools didn't appreciate it earlier.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »