Home

Recruiting in the blind

This is a discussion on Recruiting in the blind within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-25-2014, 03:57 AM   #1
Pro

thedudescrew's Arena

OVR: 1
Recruiting in the blind

Anyone ever done this? My HC is a level one and I am the OC in a dynasty I am running. It's not worth spending the points on scouting imo so i have been blind recruiting. Just going based on the original overall rating and having guys to fill holes. Hopefully since my team isn't doing well a new head coach is coming soon. Anyone else tried this? How many players were busts and how many were gems? I am curious to see how it all plays out.

Sent from my N9510 using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-25-2014, 08:07 AM   #2
Pro

KushNstien's Arena

OVR: 8
Re: Recruiting in the blind

Quote:
Originally Posted by thedudescrew
Anyone ever done this? My HC is a level one and I am the OC in a dynasty I am running. It's not worth spending the points on scouting imo so i have been blind recruiting. Just going based on the original overall rating and having guys to fill holes. Hopefully since my team isn't doing well a new head coach is coming soon. Anyone else tried this? How many players were busts and how many were gems? I am curious to see how it all plays out.

Its way better like this, you have more fun recruiting the guy then scouting after he committed to see if he is good or not. I usually dont end up with too many busts luckily enough
Old 06-25-2014, 09:04 AM   #3
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

OVR: 5

I've never tried this myself....but I do immensely enjoy using a coach with either no points or 1 point in scouting. If you really want to scout a guy, you have to consider the number of points you have available each week and decide if you want to use them on scouting or recruiting. I personally feel that scouting is part of the game and to remove it is an arbitrary 'house rule'. I get the idea of going in blind and how that could lead to surprises....but to me, that just gives you more points to recruit more players...

But hey, to each his own.
Old 06-25-2014, 11:12 AM   #4
Pro

thedudescrew's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshC1977
I've never tried this myself....but I do immensely enjoy using a coach with either no points or 1 point in scouting. If you really want to scout a guy, you have to consider the number of points you have available each week and decide if you want to use them on scouting or recruiting. I personally feel that scouting is part of the game and to remove it is an arbitrary 'house rule'. I get the idea of going in blind and how that could lead to surprises....but to me, that just gives you more points to recruit more players...

But hey, to each his own.
I hear ya Josh, this is the first time I have ever done it and figured why not. The players can't be worse then what i have now, if they are then cut they will be. This next season i will prob be more selective and choose only the ones i scout.

Old 06-25-2014, 02:28 PM   #5
MVP

jbrew2411's Arena

OVR: 13

If you start as an OC or DC then try letting the HC(cpu) recruit. I tried this to give me a challenge and it was just that. I got guys that didn't really fit my spread forcing me to adjust. I set play types but still ended up with some interesting players. I didn't even look at the recruiting page until Signing Day.

I may have to try the not scouting thing though.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-25-2014, 02:34 PM   #6
MVP

boxboy99's Arena

OVR: 23

I like the idea. I always wished there were "fog of war" options for ratings in sports games. Just give me a rough grade, with a percent of error based on my scouting staff.
2017: 93-69 - Swept by Red Sox in World Series
2018: 100-62 - Swept by Dodgers in NLCS
2019: 14-11
Old 06-26-2014, 07:28 PM   #7
MVP

I'm dipping my toe in the water for this in my new 2014 dynasty. I'm only scouting any one player to 50%, and only scouting a max of 5 players per position. Also I'm only adding uninterested players from my state and regional states for now, although I may reach if there's a need (although I'll be doing it blind by then because I'll be 'out' of my 5 per position.)

5 may sound like a lot and I may scale it back, but I wanted something that would let me look at big targets while also not letting me 'fish' for undecideds like I did in old dynasties, which is how I always ended up with constant 95+ teams.
Old 07-06-2014, 07:15 PM   #8
Banned

jt2000's Arena

OVR: 0

After reading some ideas. I came up with a set up of ideas to make dynasty a little more challenging. Here is my list. Tell me what you think.
I am thinking about doing a mock tryout with Texas St. (with the newest rosters you can find If you choose to play with them)

*State Recruiting Death Ban* 5-10 years (up to you)
Start off as a OC.
You can't recruit nobody from your state.
You can't scout any players
You can only go after players 1 star high then your school.
IE : Texas St. is a 1 star. You can only recruit 2* players. Then after you rank up another star just repeat the process.
You can only go after 1 ATH a year! So make it count!
*Here's a twist* No custom playbooks. You must run your OC playbook. Since alot of them comes from different schools.

Last edited by jt2000; 07-06-2014 at 07:17 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »