Home

Playbook Sharing Thread

This is a discussion on Playbook Sharing Thread within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-01-2014, 04:39 AM   #25
Pro

thedudescrew's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: Playbook Sharing Thread

Just read it. Awesome job man. I am going to go bring it to the Portland State Vikings dynasty now. I loved how you broke it all down. I learned something new and now i feel like i can kick the cpu butt. I cheated though...i added the switch plays just to see how broken they are.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-01-2014, 04:41 AM   #26
Pro

thedudescrew's Arena

Now all i need is a good new to me defensive playbook.
I suck at defense as well so offense is where i capitalize and thrive.
Old 07-02-2014, 01:28 AM   #27
Guns Up!

Solidice's Arena

OVR: 63

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Death
I finished my write up on my version of the Run & Shoot offense. It's a long read... but that can't be helped... also, I use the R&S terminology for the WR's... I make sure to let you know this in the article, but I want to emphasize that point so that nobody gets confused.

I had planned on writing this up on another site, and then sharing it here. But nobody at that site answered my question about creating a blog for their site, so I just wrote it here as a blog.

Here's the link... and if for some reason this link doesn't work, just go to my Arena and you'll find it in my blogs. It's only my second blog and it's titled The Run & Shoot Offense...

http://www.operationsports.com/Dr%20...shoot-offense/
That is similar to my work in progress playbook, except I have more run plays and a bit more formations currently in. Trying to run a read option mixed with Air Raid passing schemes. only recently got NCAA 14, so still getting used to how the plays run. Didn't play NCAA 13 at all either. last one I played was 12.

Current Main Rotation: Destiny 2 (XB,PC), Division 2(XB) Baldur Gate 3(XB 4p Co-op run) HellDivers 2 (PC)
Games on the list to play: Too many to fit here
Old 07-02-2014, 01:44 AM   #28
Air Raid

Dr Death's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solidice
That is similar to my work in progress playbook, except I have more run plays and a bit more formations currently in. Trying to run a read option mixed with Air Raid passing schemes. only recently got NCAA 14, so still getting used to how the plays run. Didn't play NCAA 13 at all either. last one I played was 12.
That's weird... because I just picked up '14 in April and didn't play '13 at all! Last one I played was '12 too... even with all of its freezing problems. The current one still has some flaws, but it's definitely the best NCAA game on the 360/PS3 gen. Once you get used to it, I think you'll like it. And if you want more uniforms, go to the Uniform Store soon, because we don't know how long those will be available... just a heads up as I know that Tech has a new uni in Pack 9.

Old 07-02-2014, 04:56 AM   #29
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
That's weird... because I just picked up '14 in April and didn't play '13 at all! Last one I played was '12 too... even with all of its freezing problems. The current one still has some flaws, but it's definitely the best NCAA game on the 360/PS3 gen. Once you get used to it, I think you'll like it. And if you want more uniforms, go to the Uniform Store soon, because we don't know how long those will be available... just a heads up as I know that Tech has a new uni in Pack 9.

Saw your post. Simply brilliant. This is why I created the thread. I love seeing how someone adopts a concept and learns it in and out. Not knocking anyone but I am not a fan of custom playbooks that just have a bunch of formations the creator likes.

I tried out your playbook and although i found it incredibly entertaining i am poor at reading coverage and prefer to run the ball. I have a football pedigree as well as my high school ran the old school flexbone triple option and I ran the scout team (unfortunately I was far too small to actually contribute) I learned the offense inside in out and ran a variety of different versions of it as it was the primary offense in my district (I grew up just outside of the Naval Academy and Coach Nuimatalolo sent all of his kids to my school). Much as you took inspiration from your past experiences and used it to develop your playbook i did the same thing. I just did a more modern version of it.

I digressed a but but overall I just wanted to say amazing job and I really appreciate the shout-out in your post. Its a shame you have an Xbox as I think playing you online with our respective playbooks would be a lot of fun but alas I have a PS3.
Old 07-02-2014, 08:44 AM   #30
Air Raid

Dr Death's Arena

OVR: 17

For anyone interested in seeing the Run & Shoot in its original form and with Jim Kelly at QB, there's a guy on You Tube that has been uploading tons of games from 1983-85.

His user name there is USFL Forever and here's a link to one of the Gamblers games from 1984. Keep in mind that the Gamblers were only around for 1984-85, but the Denver Gold also ran the R&S in 1985 and I believe the guy has at least one or two Gold games from 1985 as well.

So... a bit of a history lesson here...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-7ZhW9WnVis

Old 07-02-2014, 11:41 AM   #31
Pro

OVR: 3

Thanks for the link man. I've been diving in the shoot for the past few months. I've had the hardest time finding vids of the Detroit Lions from '89-91 running their "Silver Stretch"
I look forward to reading your write up!
My Shoot PB currently is very small, all Pistol: Spread, 4Wr trips, and both of the Flexbone sets to help with leveraging on routes with the offset back.
It's been fun running this so far.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-03-2014, 02:41 AM   #32
Pro

thedudescrew's Arena

Quote:
For anyone interested in seeing the Run & Shoot in its original form and with Jim Kelly at QB, there's a guy on You Tube that has been uploading tons of games from 1983-85.

His user name there is USFL Forever and here's a link to one of the Gamblers games from 1984. Keep in mind that the Gamblers were only around for 1984-85, but the Denver Gold also ran the R&S in 1985 and I believe the guy has at least one or two Gold games from 1985 as well.

So... a bit of a history lesson here...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-7ZhW9WnVis
Biggest issue i found with your playbook is that the cpu gets a ton of sacks of your ol is trash like mine is right now.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »