Home

Playbook Sharing Thread

This is a discussion on Playbook Sharing Thread within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-27-2014, 08:36 PM   #65
MVP

rkwittem's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Playbook Sharing Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by natevan22
I'm thinking about just going custom is there a good playbook for a base? Cause i wanna use the pistol set also, what are some good play's to use outta the gun, pistol? What about tempo is no huddle or slow better. I'm going to be playing against friends and online. Want a edge. On calling play's

Best spread option playbook? I love Clemson's playbook. Lots of pistol and and shotgun creativity. Probably my favorite in the whole game. Auburn and Ohio State have decent ones too.

Tempo doesn't matter- execution does. Master your playbook. Know your reads. In a pass play- is it a hi-lo read or a different kind of read? If you can't read coverages or isolate your opponent's tendencies, you're already toast. Have more than 5 plays you're good at. I'd suggest about 30 as a starting point.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-27-2014, 10:46 PM   #66
Rookie

natevan22's Arena

Ya the pass game isn't a issue i can make reads hot route etc just trying to put a really good playbook to keep opponents on there feet,come at them with a lot of different looks keep them guessing
Old 07-28-2014, 11:13 AM   #67
Rookie

Playbook Sharing Thread

So after searching the thread numerous times I discovered there is no where for people to share there custom playbooks (SimSports is great but I am interested in seeing peoples concepts, schemes, and strategies). I am not talking about playbooks where you just picked a bunch of plays and formations you like and put them together, I am referring to something much more in depth. Coming up with a concept and building a scheme around the concept.

I think that using SimSports for posting the actual playbook could be beneficial so I left a spot where you can post the link that way there won't be plays posted everywhere and we can focus more on strategy and scheme crafting.

If you still don't understand what I am talking about check out the scribd link on this blog entry: http://www.simsports.net/entry.php/2...rn-s-Shootbone

I'm hoping that this can be a tool for passionate NCAA gamers such as myself.

yesyy
Old 07-28-2014, 11:29 AM   #68
Rookie

PDuncanOSU's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Ya the pass game isn't a issue i can make reads hot route etc just trying to put a really good playbook to keep opponents on there feet,come at them with a lot of different looks keep them guessing
My suggestion, and how I approached my spread-option playbook, is to start by picking a handful of base concepts/plays that you want to run. I went with with 5-6 different option types and 5-6 different pass concepts. Know these plays in-and-out: what everyone on your team does, what your reads are, what the defense will do to stop that play.
Start each formation in your playbook with one of these plays, then pick 4-5 other plays in that formation that compliment the base play. These other plays should be your audibles that you can use to take advantage of what the defense does to take away your base play.
Old 07-28-2014, 07:28 PM   #69
Rookie

natevan22's Arena

What about using motion in my spread attack? How could i use that to a advantage?
Old 07-28-2014, 08:37 PM   #70
Air Raid

Dr Death's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
What about using motion in my spread attack? How could i use that to a advantage?
Unfortunately using motion in '14 is no help at all. Once you send your guy in motion, he has to complete the act of going in motion and come to a stop - wherever it is he is motioning to - and then you can snap the ball. If you snap the ball whilst the receiver or TE or RB is IN motion, he won't run his route, he will just stand there like a clueless idiot.

That EA doesn't understand this simple concept and how many teams (pro and college) use motion to help their receivers, is beyond me. But... it is what it is, so you just have to deal with it. Good luck!

Old 07-28-2014, 10:19 PM   #71
Rookie

natevan22's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Death
Unfortunately using motion in '14 is no help at all. Once you send your guy in motion, he has to complete the act of going in motion and come to a stop - wherever it is he is motioning to - and then you can snap the ball. If you snap the ball whilst the receiver or TE or RB is IN motion, he won't run his route, he will just stand there like a clueless idiot.

That EA doesn't understand this simple concept and how many teams (pro and college) use motion to help their receivers, is beyond me. But... it is what it is, so you just have to deal with it. Good luck!
That's pretty wack, using pistol is that something i should include in my offense, what other set's see do you recommend
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-29-2014, 12:20 PM   #72
Rookie

PDuncanOSU's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
That's pretty wack, using pistol is that something i should include in my offense, what other set's see do you recommend
What personnel and formations you use is really just up to personal preference and should be based on your roster.
If you want to run spread-option out of the pistol, though, I'd suggest starting with this formation & plays.

http://www.simsports.net/viewFormati...bid=2323&gid=2

The read-option is the play you call, the rest of the plays are your audibles that should take advantage of what the defense might do to take away the option. If they overload the weak side, or leave the middle open, switch to the HB zone play. Defense brings a safety up to stop the run, audible to 4-verticals or the playaction to beat them deep. The slot defender is cheating to stop the fun, throw the bubble screen.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »