Home

Will Madden Sales be Lowered Due to NCAA Cancellation?

This is a discussion on Will Madden Sales be Lowered Due to NCAA Cancellation? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-03-2014, 03:56 PM   #9
Pro

thedudescrew's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: Will Madden Sales be Lowered Due to NCAA Cancellation?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robo COP
yea if anything NCAA was the beneficiary of an NFL game that classes were importable too. There are more NFL fans than college football fans, and for some the only reason they would buy NCAA is to get the realish draft classes for the first 4 years.

When I first started buying NCAA years ago it was for that reason. The past few years, and especially this year, is when I realized that NCAA was the far superior football game and I don't play madden anymore

EDIT: And like the guy above me said, some will buy madden now because there is no NCAA and they want their football fix. So even if they do lose some buyers because there is no NCAA (though it would be a pretty small and insignificant # when it comes to the big picture anyway) they will make up that loss in sales from people who buy because it is now the only football game
This is exactly why i bought ncaa. I would get the game, find some rosters and then play for four seasons, or depending on the quality sim the 1st four years and then trade it in for a credit toward Madden. It was 14 ncaa that i actually kept because the gameplay was great. Ironically Madden 25 had so many bugs that i couldn't even use the classes and its been shelved for a while and ncaa has been getting the game time.
Old 07-04-2014, 10:27 AM   #10
MVP

jello1717's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by grabursock55
Hey everyone. Simple question...

Do you think the Madden sales will be affected by the cancelatin of NCAA football? I know The only reason I got Madden was to export my players to the draft
Madden sales will go up, not down. I personally have never bought a Madden game and never will, but that's only because I don't watch the NFL (haven't seen an NFL game in over 14 years) but I'm definitely in a small minority. With Madden being the only football game now, the sales will absolutely increase.

I don't really understand why anyone would buy Madden simply so they could draft the NCAA guys. However, I guarantee you that while most people who have both games play them both, there are a ton more guys that only bought NCAA so they could get draft classes in Madden than there are guys who only bought Madden so they could send their NCAA classes somewhere.
College #1: Michigan Wolverines
College #2: Michigan State Spartans (my alma mater)
College #3: North Carolina Tar Heels
NHL: Detroit Redwings
Old 07-04-2014, 06:10 PM   #11
Rookie

GKEnialb's Arena

OVR: 5

The only times I bought Madden in the past was to see how far the players from my NCAA school could go. It wasn't enough to hold the appeal though and Madden wasn't nearly as interesting as NCAA, so it's been a while since I bought it. Won't get anything this year. That being said, I don't think the sales will suffer from NCAA being gone.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-04-2014, 06:31 PM   #12

kaletore11's Arena

OVR: 10

Whenever I see a thread about NCAA football, I just get sad.

RIP you beautiful game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by areobee401
Positive HIV test results > fans talking class in sports

Old 07-08-2014, 10:35 PM   #13
Get off my lawn

JHamilton9's Arena

OVR: 0

I only bought Madden just to import draft classes and see how far "my guys" could make it in the pros. Once the game was canceled, I decided not to buy any of the next-gen consoles or the games that go with it.

But I believe I'm in the minority minority with that.
Old 07-10-2014, 12:03 PM   #14
Pro

Mazarati 2012's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by JHamilton9
I only bought Madden just to import draft classes and see how far "my guys" could make it in the pros. Once the game was canceled, I decided not to buy any of the next-gen consoles or the games that go with it.

But I believe I'm in the minority minority with that.
I'm part of that minority too. I was looking forward to college football on a next gen console. But now I'm not interested in next gen. It was the only game I ever played consistently every year since Bill Walsh college football back in 93'...So.. no next gen for me until a college football game is made for it.
Old 07-11-2014, 06:48 PM   #15
MVP

cusefan74's Arena

OVR: 20

I think it will be the best thing for Madden. People will just want a new football game even though Madden continues to put out a game without listening to what people want. They continue to make minor adjustments to the game and take things out of it, but people keep buying it. Now with no NCAA a lot of their fans will jump to Madden.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-12-2014, 12:15 AM   #16
MVP

OVR: 2

I agree that it will help out Madden's sales numbers. It is just too bad that Madden gets stale so quickly for me. Usually after year two of a franchise I lose interest.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »