Home

A big game changer

This is a discussion on A big game changer within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-12-2014, 06:10 PM   #9
MVP

OVR: 18
Re: A big game changer

I may have to fire up the ol' ball game.
Old 07-13-2014, 03:19 AM   #10
Hall Of Fame

Matt10's Arena

OVR: 23

Glad you guys are giving it a chance. We are using it in the OS Sliders as a requirement to really enjoy the game.
Old 07-13-2014, 08:43 AM   #11
Rookie

OVR: 5

I went off of Buffeye's last roster he uploaded and made all the changes to every coach in the game. I left the play call slider alone(its reversed?)...Played a few games and its so good. I also used Buffeye's Sliders...Very nice find Matt10 and OP...The roster is uploaded in my locker as well...GT is same as name here...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-01-2014, 02:33 AM   #12
Rookie

OVR: 0

The forum's have been over flowing with great new information. Thanx
Old 08-01-2014, 02:55 AM   #13
MVP

therizing02's Arena

OVR: 20

I agree with the coach slider changes. They help a lot. A second game changer is playing on Fast or Very Fast. This was a HUGE factor for me. Never thought it would be because I always thought the animations would look too jerky. I was wrong

I have always played on Very Slow-Normal, but I find this game to be way too easy at those speeds and the rag doll animations look hideous. At the higher speeds, the animations look much better and more importantly, the defensive pursuit is much better as is the coverage. Some of the tackles on defense look incredible at this setting because I the animations are sped up. This almost completely eliminates the bending and rubber limbs of the players. I would highly recommend to anyone playing this game to try this. There also more gang tackles.

As a former player on the slower speeds it took a little while to get used to it.....maybe a quarter of play. After that everything slows down. As far as sliders, there are so many sets out there, just find one that works for you and go!
Old 08-01-2014, 09:45 AM   #14
Hall Of Fame

Matt10's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by therizing02
I agree with the coach slider changes. They help a lot. A second game changer is playing on Fast or Very Fast. This was a HUGE factor for me. Never thought it would be because I always thought the animations would look too jerky. I was wrong

I have always played on Very Slow-Normal, but I find this game to be way too easy at those speeds and the rag doll animations look hideous. At the higher speeds, the animations look much better and more importantly, the defensive pursuit is much better as is the coverage. Some of the tackles on defense look incredible at this setting because I the animations are sped up. This almost completely eliminates the bending and rubber limbs of the players. I would highly recommend to anyone playing this game to try this. There also more gang tackles.

As a former player on the slower speeds it took a little while to get used to it.....maybe a quarter of play. After that everything slows down. As far as sliders, there are so many sets out there, just find one that works for you and go!
I would love to play fast or very fast, but the rbs stutter on toss plays are enough to sway me to normal.
Old 08-02-2014, 10:44 AM   #15
MVP

jello1717's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by therizing02

The issue with this is that if you play on anything other than normal you run into the "quicksand" glitch where runners will run slow like they're in quicksand for a brief instant on toss plays, pitches on option plays, and I've heard that receivers will also be in quicksand immediately when catching the ball (but I haven't personally verified this last one).
College #1: Michigan Wolverines
College #2: Michigan State Spartans (my alma mater)
College #3: North Carolina Tar Heels
NHL: Detroit Redwings
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »