Home

Coach mode kickers

This is a discussion on Coach mode kickers within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-15-2014, 03:06 AM   #9
Just started!

OVR: 0
Re: Coach mode kickers

he offers this type of weak leg the actual CPU might by no means attempt any FG through 40+ and so i usually had to switch back in order to ECU and kick that with coach mode. Of the 40+ they were almost all (sadly) correct upon target, but the A couple of misses were quick.
Old 12-15-2014, 11:33 AM   #10
MVP

OVR: 6

Don't know why i never thought of this. i've been using the watch play and have had varied result. It does work pretty good on punting.
Old 08-23-2015, 12:27 PM   #11
MVP

jello1717's Arena

OVR: 16

House rules can really help a lot with getting missed FGs. For me I now use 2 house rules for this.
1. I subtract 20 from all of my kickers' KAC rating to make them wilder.
2. I watch a supersim of all kicks (IE. I let the CPU kick FGs/XPs for me).

This does a decent job of keeping my FG% numbers down (especially when I'm dumb enough to sign a power kicker instead of balanced or accurate). My current kicker is a power kicker who initially had 67 KAC, but with my adjustment, he now has 87 KPW / 47 KAC. The reason I'm mentioning this is because he just shanked an XP with my house rules. This method is good for keeping FG%s down, but I've only missed 1 other XP doing this. It was really cool to see him miss the XP though (and it wasn't even CLOSE!).

College #1: Michigan Wolverines
College #2: Michigan State Spartans (my alma mater)
College #3: North Carolina Tar Heels
NHL: Detroit Redwings
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-23-2015, 12:29 PM   #12
MVP

jello1717's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by jello1717
House rules can really help a lot with getting missed FGs. For me I now use 2 house rules for this.
1. I subtract 20 from all of my kickers' KAC rating to make them wilder.
2. I watch a supersim of all kicks (IE. I let the CPU kick FGs/XPs for me).

This does a decent job of keeping my FG% numbers down (especially when I'm dumb enough to sign a power kicker instead of balanced or accurate). My current kicker is a power kicker who initially had 67 KAC, but with my adjustment, he now has 87 KPW / 47 KAC. The reason I'm mentioning this is because he just shanked an XP with my house rules. This method is good for keeping FG%s down, but I've only missed 1 other XP doing this. It was really cool to see him miss the XP though (and it wasn't even CLOSE!).

LMFAO! On the ensuing kickoff the dude kicked it out of bounds for a penalty....
College #1: Michigan Wolverines
College #2: Michigan State Spartans (my alma mater)
College #3: North Carolina Tar Heels
NHL: Detroit Redwings
Old 08-23-2015, 01:05 PM   #13
Hall Of Fame

Playmakers's Arena

OVR: 40

This is the first time I've seen this thread and I'm not sure how many of you have actually tested this game on varsity level but it renders the most realistic results in terms of fgs

I've used the slider at 50 power and 40 accuracy or 65 power and 35 accuracy with both settings providing solid results in coach mode and cpu mode.

I just feel as if that level does a better job of leveling the ratings out

Follow some the Greatest College Football players of All Time in NCAA Football 14

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »