Home

The CPU RB Pass Blocking is downright awful!

This is a discussion on The CPU RB Pass Blocking is downright awful! within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-05-2014, 12:41 AM   #17
Banned

YourWorstNightmar3's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: The CPU RB Pass Blocking is downright awful!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jello1717
If by "glitch" you mean the HB not blocking anyone and just back pedaling behind the QB then I disagree with you when you say "no sliders can fix this." I've played hundreds of games and don't see crap like that.

It's because you're not running a heavy blitz like I do in these videos with the rest of my guys locked up on WRs. Try running a Nickel blitz where both your LBs blitz and user a Safety to blitz too. This, if ran correctly, will trigger this type of blocking glitch by the CPU RB.
Old 12-05-2014, 12:42 AM   #18
Hall Of Fame

Matt10's Arena

OVR: 23

I would test threshold from 0-100 by first glance.
Old 12-05-2014, 12:44 AM   #19
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt10
I would test threshold from 0-100 by first glance.

Besides these instances happening from time to time, I LOVE threshold at 0. Reason being: CPU Blitzing. When a CPU DB/Nickel comes off a blitz, you know he's gonna get there as fast as possible with the highest chance of you getting sacked.

Last edited by YourWorstNightmar3; 12-05-2014 at 01:05 AM.
Old 12-05-2014, 12:50 AM   #20
Banned

Also have to remember, all my vids are from playing Oregon. They have so many Shotgun PA plays where the RB is almost "too close" to the QB, having the RB block like that in the last link, which helps me add on my sack total.
Old 12-05-2014, 03:20 AM   #21
MVP

jello1717's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by YourWorstNightmar3
It's because you're not running a heavy blitz like I do in these videos with the rest of my guys locked up on WRs. Try running a Nickel blitz where both your LBs blitz and user a Safety to blitz too. This, if ran correctly, will trigger this type of blocking glitch by the CPU RB.
I did this. I ran nickle-normal and ran "over storm brave" which rushes the 4 DL and both LBs. I also blitzed the FS (who was responsible for the HB) too like you said. Out of 10 pass plays, not once did I ever see your glitch. On 4 of those plays the HB ran a route instead of blocking (which left him wide open since the guy that was supposed to cover him was being usered and blitzing instead). On the other 6 pass plays the HB made a good attempt to block someone every time. On 1 play he attempted to get the LE, whiffed, and recovered to block a LB instead (even though the QB was still sacked).

I did get a couple of sacks, but that's to be expected since I'm blitzing more guys than they can block. However, none of the sacks were because the HB took the play off without blocking anyone like in your videos.

As a side note, playing cover 0 and only covering 4 receivers was terrible for me as the Wassu QB torched me for 155 yds in the 1st quarter (when I play real defense I usually give up 200-250 per game).

Here's what the HB blocking looks for me using the scenario you laid out. Clearly you can't say "no sliders can fix this" because I obviously don't have the glitch.

College #1: Michigan Wolverines
College #2: Michigan State Spartans (my alma mater)
College #3: North Carolina Tar Heels
NHL: Detroit Redwings
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-05-2014, 01:37 PM   #22
Hall Of Fame

Matt10's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Besides these instances happening from time to time, I LOVE threshold at 0. Reason being: CPU Blitzing. When a CPU DB/Nickel comes off a blitz, you know he's gonna get there as fast as possible with the highest chance of you getting sacked.
Threshold @ zero, 1 or even 5, they all come with a certain degree of distance. On zero you will see more of the RB sticking to the QB's side because the disparity just isn't there when blocking, bump it to 1 and you start to see it better. This is why you will often notice the QB start to perform "misthrows" but in replay you can see that he's actually "bumped" into his blocking RB.

There are a number of areas and sliders to combat this glitch, heck, this is why the sliders section is still so active. There are a multitidue of sliders, from penalties, coaching sliders, gameplay sliders, threshold - I mean, there's no way one can say sliders can't fix an issue.

After spending 12 hours straight on Twitch, running nothing but curl routes (cushioned curl routes), and adjusting every slider I can think of, the DB dropback kept coming back (where the DB drops back 5 yards as if the ball is going deep, but the receiver has already curled)...yet I'm still not convinced that it can't be fixed.

They call it slideritis (I came up with this term btw), I call it dedication to not settling ...you might need to do the same .
Old 12-06-2014, 12:35 AM   #23
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by jello1717
I did this. I ran nickle-normal and ran "over storm brave" which rushes the 4 DL and both LBs. I also blitzed the FS (who was responsible for the HB) too like you said. Out of 10 pass plays, not once did I ever see your glitch. On 4 of those plays the HB ran a route instead of blocking (which left him wide open since the guy that was supposed to cover him was being usered and blitzing instead). On the other 6 pass plays the HB made a good attempt to block someone every time. On 1 play he attempted to get the LE, whiffed, and recovered to block a LB instead (even though the QB was still sacked).

I did get a couple of sacks, but that's to be expected since I'm blitzing more guys than they can block. However, none of the sacks were because the HB took the play off without blocking anyone like in your videos.

As a side note, playing cover 0 and only covering 4 receivers was terrible for me as the Wassu QB torched me for 155 yds in the 1st quarter (when I play real defense I usually give up 200-250 per game).

Here's what the HB blocking looks for me using the scenario you laid out. Clearly you can't say "no sliders can fix this" because I obviously don't have the glitch.

Can you post your sliders so I can see if the glitch still persists for me?
Old 12-06-2014, 12:46 AM   #24
MVP

jello1717's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Can you post your sliders so I can see if the glitch still persists for me?
10charssss
Attached Images
File Type: png Capture1.PNG (16.5 KB, 67 views)
College #1: Michigan Wolverines
College #2: Michigan State Spartans (my alma mater)
College #3: North Carolina Tar Heels
NHL: Detroit Redwings

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »