Home

Camera Angle Variations in NCAA14 For 360

This is a discussion on Camera Angle Variations in NCAA14 For 360 within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-20-2015, 11:47 PM   #9
Banned

martywebb's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Camera Angle Variations in NCAA14 For 360

Quote:
Originally Posted by jello1717
The QB might pitch it on pitches (and now that I think about it, he probably would). However, the QB will NEVER give the ball on options with a mesh (IE. read options). This I know for a fact which means that I either can't use "old school" coach mode like you're suggesting unless I'm willing to let the QB get tackled for a loss on every option w/ a mesh where the read guy stays at home on the QB AND I'm okay w/ the HB/WR never getting a carry on options w/ a mesh.
Only solution I found to this was player lock on an offensive lineman. But, then you can't see the play developing behind you at all.
Old 01-21-2015, 09:15 AM   #10
Rookie

Chris200000's Arena

Quote:
Yes. When you go to play a game, on the screen that lets you choose your playbooks there's another option where the choices are "regular," "1 button," and "coach."

Pick "coach."
Found it thanks man!!
Old 01-21-2015, 01:16 PM   #11
Pro

OVR: 6

See my amended first post in this thread for a summary of game setup options related to camera views.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-21-2015, 07:43 PM   #12
MVP

jello1717's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by martywebb
Only solution I found to this was player lock on an offensive lineman. But, then you can't see the play developing behind you at all.
You might be a life saver Marty! I might still stick w/ real coach mode, but using player lock on an OL guy will probably get me past my 1 true hurdle w/ using "old school coach mode" where I play a "normal" game, but just don't move any players.

I've toyed w/ it some and REALLY like the results. On non-option plays I don't need to player lock since everything works fine. However, I'm not seeing what you're talking about when you said you can't see the play developing. I've experimented w/ player lock in both coordinator cam and zoom cam and the camera has always followed the ball, just as if I didn't have player lock on at all.

As a side note, I'm not sure how player lock would work at all in the way I'm seeing it. I'll lock onto the center and even if I move the center, the camera follows the ball. This often leaves my locked guy off screen so I wouldn't be able to see what I'm doing. It seems like a terrible bug for people that want to play using player lock, but works beautifully as someone trying to run options w/ old school coach mode.

Here's how it looks for me when I player lock on the C.

College #1: Michigan Wolverines
College #2: Michigan State Spartans (my alma mater)
College #3: North Carolina Tar Heels
NHL: Detroit Redwings
Old 01-21-2015, 09:49 PM   #13
Pro

OVR: 6

Perhaps Player Lock displays differently, depending upon the camera view. Easily determined by testing your Player Lock concept with each of the four camera views available in "Normal" play setup.
Old 01-22-2015, 05:49 PM   #14
Banned

martywebb's Arena

Quote:
You might be a life saver Marty! I might still stick w/ real coach mode, but using player lock on an OL guy will probably get me past my 1 true hurdle w/ using "old school coach mode" where I play a "normal" game, but just don't move any players.

I've toyed w/ it some and REALLY like the results. On non-option plays I don't need to player lock since everything works fine. However, I'm not seeing what you're talking about when you said you can't see the play developing. I've experimented w/ player lock in both coordinator cam and zoom cam and the camera has always followed the ball, just as if I didn't have player lock on at all.

As a side note, I'm not sure how player lock would work at all in the way I'm seeing it. I'll lock onto the center and even if I move the center, the camera follows the ball. This often leaves my locked guy off screen so I wouldn't be able to see what I'm doing. It seems like a terrible bug for people that want to play using player lock, but works beautifully as someone trying to run options w/ old school coach mode.

Here's how it looks for me when I player lock on the C.

BOOM! Glad to assist, now I just have to see if the coach mode sliders I use still apply. Or, gather your sliders from you.
Old 01-22-2015, 06:30 PM   #15
MVP

jello1717's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by martywebb
BOOM! Glad to assist, now I just have to see if the coach mode sliders I use still apply. Or, gather your sliders from you.
After toying around with it, I decided to stick with true coach mode. I love the camera angle w/ auto-pass coach mode and I LOVE being able to hot route any defensive guys on D (I like to hot route a blitzer to a spy against scramblers and I'll occasionally spread my cover 2 safeties and hot route a blitzing LB to a deep route to turn it into a cover 3).

However, there are 2 main reasons why I prefer true coach mode:
Here are the 3 main things that kept me from switching to OSCM.
1. On D, if I'm pushing any buttons (pump up the crowd, shifting/slanting the line, shifting LBs, hot routing someone, etc) and the O snaps the ball while I'm doing it, then I'll assume control of my player and when I don't move him, he'll just stand still unresponsive.

2. I'll have to control my punter. In true coach mode, if I'm punting from near midfield it's a TB probably 90% of the time and it drives me NUTS, especially since I know that if I controlled him I could coffin corner it inside the 10 90% of the time. In "old school coach mode" if I did this then it's not fair that my punter gets them all inside the 20 while the other team's punter punts touchbacks all the time.
The same goes for the kicker.
College #1: Michigan Wolverines
College #2: Michigan State Spartans (my alma mater)
College #3: North Carolina Tar Heels
NHL: Detroit Redwings
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-22-2015, 06:47 PM   #16
Banned

martywebb's Arena

That's two things

But, I guess you could watch play on punts and field goals. That'd be the only way to balance it. I'm the same way with defense, on hot routing. And got caught in that pretty quick whenever I used to do Coach mode with auto-pass instead.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »