Home

NCAA 2005 producer interview

This is a discussion on NCAA 2005 producer interview within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-03-2004, 05:36 PM   #17
MVP

fpac's Arena

OVR: 15
Re: NCAA 2005 producer interview

Quote:

8bit said:

He means the possibility of getting fired as a head coach, or getting your program getting axed. That was worded pretty poorly from the producer.

Here's the exact quote.

Quote:

If you fail to maintain your program, the penalties can be quite severe -- from losing scholarships and television exposure, to the inability to play in bowls or for championships, to even the death penalty

How is that worded poorly?
Old 06-03-2004, 05:37 PM   #18
Banned

OVR: 11

Quote:

fpac said:
If I decide to wait until rosters are out before starting my dynasty, I think I might have to try and get a school the death penalty to keep me busy.

ahahaaha thats the easports equivelent of starving your tomagachi or making your sim drink hundreds of expressos until he collapses.
Old 06-03-2004, 05:40 PM   #19
Banned

OVR: 11

Quote:

fpac said:
Quote:

8bit said:

He means the possibility of getting fired as a head coach, or getting your program getting axed. That was worded pretty poorly from the producer.

Here's the exact quote.

Quote:

If you fail to maintain your program, the penalties can be quite severe -- from losing scholarships and television exposure, to the inability to play in bowls or for championships, to even the death penalty

when you made your comment, i thought you were under the impression that the death penatly was litterly somthing your coach would get. There are alot of strange people out there who would not make the connection to the death penatly being the end of the football program. I thought you were one of those people who took it literally and i felt the EA producer should of reworded it.
Old 06-03-2004, 05:43 PM   #20
MVP

jujuhound's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:

fpac said:
Quote:

8bit said:

Here's the exact quote.

Quote:

It's not worded poorly. I think 8bit must not know that "death penalty" is a common term for a program getting the axe by the NCAA. Must be too young to remember SMU.
Old 06-03-2004, 05:44 PM   #21
Where have I been?

Lintyfresh85's Arena

OVR: 37

Quote:

8bit said:
Quote:

fpac said:
Quote:

8bit said:

Here's the exact quote.

Quote:

when you made your comment, i thought you were under the impression that the death penatly was litterly somthing your coach would get. There are alot of strange people out there who would not make the connection to the death penatly being the end of the football program. I thought you were one of those people who took it literally and i felt the EA producer should of reworded it.

8 bit come on now... do you really think anyone thinks you could have a coach killed? Wow I know people are messed up but that bad I hope that's stretching it a little bit.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-03-2004, 05:45 PM   #22
Pac12fan

ochoco's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:

conboy31 said:
Quote:

bh446066 said:
I don't know what it is....but I don't see myself utilizing the matchup stick against the cpu. Seems like cheating to me.

I agree 100%.

But, no problem. I just wont use it. They added plenty of other things that I will.

I think the matchup stick is just an improved tool that gets us the info we need easier. I dont know how you play but I will check the other teams depth and see where there weak spots are. For example if one side of their D-Line is lacking I will pound that side all day long. I dont think of this as cheating.

Previously to do this we had to go into the depth charts and such, I see the match up stick as an easier way to do this. Of course the composure ratings will be an added consideration.
Old 06-03-2004, 05:50 PM   #23
MVP

OVR: 9

Great interview. This Moye guy sounds like he's on the ball. The EA staff has probably made more improvements this year than they made in the last two years combined with Jeff "Not this year" Luhr at the helm.

Expanded rosters, custom playbooks, rotating schedules, and improved run blocking were the four things that I really wanted to see in this game. And they'll all be there.
Old 06-03-2004, 05:50 PM   #24
Hall Of Fame

Brandwin's Arena

OVR: 50

WOW all of this sounds great...mid july cant get her soon enough!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »