Home

Freshman and Unknown Stars

This is a discussion on Freshman and Unknown Stars within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-16-2004, 02:43 PM   #57
Rookie

xboxfever's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: Freshman and Unknown Stars

Quote:

Natedogg said:
Berryman was already a star that is why I left him out. Patrick will most likely get red shirted this year as well as Chalk. Scales started classes early which gave him a head start in front of the other freshman backs. I would love to see Webster play, but it is unlikely. Blythe is not going to start, at least not at first, but he will see alot of playing time.

Weather or not Chalk redshirts will depend if the Juco DB's make it to ISU this year. D. Jackson was not RS'd last year and he is not as highly rated as Chalk at DB.

Patrick will NOT be RS'd this year. ISU only has 2 RB's right now. Hicks and Scales. Brian Thompson left the team. Someone will have to be ready to fill the #3 RB slot. That will either be Webster or T. Thompson out of FLA who was offered a 'ship from LSU. Coleman was also a highly recruited RB but will probably RS and move over to LB IMO. ISU's RB's were rated as the #3 RB class in the Nation.

Also, if you look at the Depth Chart that is out right now from ISU, Blyth is the #1 WR. Davis is #3 and Kholer (sp) is #2. Highsmith is already on campus and coaches have said that he will be impossible to keep off the field. Davis has all the tools to become a great WR, but besides a good Spring game last year, he has dissapeared.

When did Thompson leave the team? Last I knew he was still on the team. ISU also has a junior RB named David Brown. Im not sure how good he is, but im guessing hes not that good. If Thompson left the team, the Patrick, and Brandon Gunn would probably both make the active roster.
Old 09-17-2004, 10:00 PM   #58
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: Freshman and Unknown Stars

Old topic.....

But I noticed almost NONE of UCF's signing class made it into the game. Kyle Israel was in the top 5 QB's in FL, and went to UCF rather than FSU. And with O'Leary getting there he focused on the big boys at DL/OL. 80% of the guys signed were "non skilled" positions. UCF needs it too, last year the line stunk.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »