Home

Picked up NCAA 06 (PS2)

This is a discussion on Picked up NCAA 06 (PS2) within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-26-2015, 09:02 PM   #17
Cooking With Sauce

thesportsguru11's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Picked up NCAA 06 (PS2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gap Integrity
06 is awesome, but I'm curious as to how many of you played 09 on ps2? IMO it's better in terms of depth. Deeper dynasty features, 12 game schedules, medical redshirts among other features. The only thing 09 lacks that 06 has is the killer soundtrack and menu. I highly suggest some of you check out 09 as well. 07 had the terrible momentum meter, 08 had poor pursuit angles, but I really think 09 nailed it.

I've been trying to find someone who knows how to mod or hex edit a ps2 roster. I've had a hard time finding anyone. As of right now I'm making a current 2015 roster on 09 for ps2. I already have a sweet historic roster, but I love the old gameplay. With no new NCAA, and the fact that I don't work on the Buffeye roster anymore has me hungry for current NCAA football on ps2.

I've thought about starting a thread for this to see what kind of interest the community has in this. I read a thread on some footballidiot website that these guys are figuring out how to mod ps2 NCAA games to update uniforms. I haven't heard back from anyone over there yet.

I think if I could get the duplicate jersey numbers, preseason rankings, and team prestige adjusted that would be a great start. I just think if we can create current NCAA football on the ps2 it would be a lot of fun.
I named rosters for '09, but only for Madden draft classes. Didn't get terribly deep in any dynasty for some reason (think I maxed out at 6 seasons, only once), but I did like the features I saw. Trust me, I liked a lot on 09, but for some reason I just like 06 slightly better, can't wrap my finger around it. Better roster (player-wise) maybe? Or maybe it's the soundtrack/menus like you mentioned.

Personally, I loved 07. It was the first NCAA game I recall playing deeply, in fact I still play it more than 06/09 and did a very in-depth dynasty on this site before accidentally corrupting the file in season 4. I always tend to get 10+ seasons out of dynasties, it's just a ton of fun. I agree, momentum is messed up on Heisman difficulty, but I loved just about everything else on the game (the big exception being locked roster features like in 06).

Please keep us (or at least me) posted on the updated roster/editing possibility. I'd definitely be down for getting some 2015 rosters on both games!

6x Super Bowl Champion Patriots |Red Sox | Celtics | Bruins |Boston College | USC | NASCAR Young Guns

OS' biggest game show nut.
Old 04-26-2015, 10:16 PM   #18
MVP

rkwittem's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckySeven
My games finally arrived today and I managed to find a place with the 1A, 1AA, and Historic rosters and they seem to be fairly accurate. Could probably use some minor tweaks, but I'll worry about that later. Once again, so glad I bought that Max Drive back in the day, saves me from having to enter all that info manually.
How would one get this save to a PS2 Memory card?
Old 04-27-2015, 12:04 AM   #19
Rookie

LuckySeven's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkwittem
How would one get this save to a PS2 Memory card?
Like I've mentioned before, I have a max drive, it is a device that allows you transfer save files from the PS2 to a PC and vice versa. Might have to look for one on eBay or Amazon though, it seems that they don't sell it on the manufacturer's site anymore.
Old 04-27-2015, 08:08 AM   #20
Pro

volwalker's Arena

OVR: 3

If anyone has any idea why my graphics on 06 get real choppy when I play it on my Samsung 50", please let me know. I use the best component cable I can find. Some days the game looks great then all of a sudden the screen gets real choppy. It is frustrating to say the least.
Old 04-29-2015, 08:25 AM   #21
Banned

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by volwalker
If anyone has any idea why my graphics on 06 get real choppy when I play it on my Samsung 50", please let me know. I use the best component cable I can find. Some days the game looks great then all of a sudden the screen gets real choppy. It is frustrating to say the least.

Is your NCAA 06 disk in good condition?

Is the PS2 set to 4:3 or 16:9 format? - Did you do the same or check the video settings in the game?

Did you change the PS2 video settings prior to hooking up the component cables?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-29-2015, 11:55 AM   #22
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by volwalker
Quote:
Originally Posted by illiterateoption
Is your NCAA 06 disk in good condition?

Is the PS2 set to 4:3 or 16:9 format? - Did you do the same or check the video settings in the game?

Did you change the PS2 video settings prior to hooking up the component cables?
That's the main thing, is to make sure the PS2 is set to 16:9, and the in-game visual setting is also (In the visual settings, it's either 16:9 or "Widescreen").

The sad fact is, though, that the game isn't going to look very good on a 50-inch HDTV. It just wasn't made for it. I tried it on my 40-inch a while ago, but gave up. It just looked like crap.

Oddly, NCAA 2004 holds up much better. It actually looks pretty good on a new TV.
Old 04-29-2015, 03:47 PM   #23
Pro

volwalker's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wednesday
That's the main thing, is to make sure the PS2 is set to 16:9, and the in-game visual setting is also (In the visual settings, it's either 16:9 or "Widescreen").

The sad fact is, though, that the game isn't going to look very good on a 50-inch HDTV. It just wasn't made for it. I tried it on my 40-inch a while ago, but gave up. It just looked like crap.

Oddly, NCAA 2004 holds up much better. It actually looks pretty good on a new TV.
I will go home tonight and check out both settings. Hopefully what you guys suggest will fix it. Some nights the game looks great then all of a sudden the graphics get real choppy. I might also have to change it on the tv input as well so it would be 16:9 across the board. I will let you guys know how it goes.

I'm also going to buy a component to VGA converter so I can play it on my PC. if I want to start an 06 blog I want to be able to take screenshots easily. So if I can't play it on my big TV I can at least use my PC monitor. I have a dual-monitor setup so it will be an easy transition.

Last edited by volwalker; 04-29-2015 at 03:51 PM.
Old 04-30-2015, 07:51 AM   #24
Banned

OVR: 1

[quote=Wednesday;2047266499]That's the main thing, is to make sure the PS2 is set to 16:9, and the in-game visual setting is also (In the visual settings, it's either 16:9 or "Widescreen").

[/quote]

Yeah - the PS2 image quality really struggles as you begin to stretch out the image in a larger area, like a 50" HDTV. Remember, back in 2000-2005 most people still had tube TV's or the Sony Trinitron Flat Panel TV's. Honestly, the original XBOX and PS2 look great on the Sony Trinitron.

I agree 100% that NCAA 2004 looks better than NCAA 2006. You can actually make the same statement about Madden 2004 compared to later Madden's on the PS2 as well. For some reason the 2003-2004 versions of the game came with colors that just really pop. I think Madden 2006 looks a bit better than NCAA 06, especially the menus.
Can't wait to start my PS2 Dynasty's and Madden Franchise!

Last edited by illiterateoption; 04-30-2015 at 07:57 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »