Home

Picked up NCAA 06 (PS2)

This is a discussion on Picked up NCAA 06 (PS2) within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-19-2015, 02:29 PM   #1
Rookie

LuckySeven's Arena

OVR: 6
Picked up NCAA 06 (PS2)

Nabbed this (and GTA: Vice City) off of eBay last night for under 2 bucks, so any advice about where to get rosters and a good set of sliders for this game? I do have a max drive so that should help make things a bit easier.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-19-2015, 05:02 PM   #2
Pro

Gap Integrity's Arena

OVR: 13
Re: Picked up NCAA 06 (PS2)

well I don't have an 06 roster, but that was a great game. Killer soundtrack also. Some of my best gaming memories come from NCAA 06. I play 09 now for a few reasons. 06 has some limitations (locked roster editing features, no medical redshirts, only a few mini drills), but overall the game is outstanding. I wish I could help you. I had an awesome 06 roster back in the day that I seriously regret losing. I roll with 09 on ps2. It's very good, and if you can grab it for a few bucks I could certainly hook you up with an outstanding historic roster file that you know about lol but I am also making a current 2015 roster for 09 on ps2 as well. It's pretty sweet to play with current rosters on old gen. The one thing I wish I could do would be to find someone who wants to and knows how to hex edit a ps2 roster so that I could correct duplicate jersey numbers and team rankings etc.. I could truly make an awesome roster if that was possible.

I'm sure you will find a solid 06 file. That was a great default season for rosters. Vince Young, the USC dynasty, excellent Ohio State, Michigan and Notre Dame teams that season (05) just a fun year to play that game. Adrian Peterson for OU was fun to run with.
Old 04-19-2015, 09:50 PM   #3
MVP

jerwoods's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckySeven
Nabbed this (and GTA: Vice City) off of eBay last night for under 2 bucks, so any advice about where to get rosters and a good set of sliders for this game? I do have a max drive so that should help make things a bit easier.
i did ncaa 2007 and 2008 rosters i lost my ncca 2006 game

try and find a phil steele 2005 preview mag it has full rosters
Old 04-20-2015, 01:30 AM   #4
Rookie

LuckySeven's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gap Integrity
I roll with 09 on ps2. It's very good, and if you can grab it for a few bucks I could certainly hook you up with an outstanding historic roster file that you know about.
I've had 09 since for a good while, heck I kinda ended up taking over the work on the roster that MattUM2 had done (mostly because he kinda dropped off the face of the earth or something). I'm picking up 06 just so I can have something different to mess around with every once in a while. Before getting 09 way back when, 08 was the very first NCAA game I had owned since the days of College Football USA on the Sega Genesis.
Old 04-20-2015, 07:56 AM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 0

I've had 09 since for a good while, heck I kinda ended up taking over the work on the roster that I'm picking up 08 just
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-20-2015, 04:04 PM   #6
Rookie

I have a good named roster for NCAA 06 for the PS2 (includes all the 1-AA teams, and classic teams). I have no idea where I got it, but you might find it if you do some googling.

If you can't find it let me know. I'll dig mine out and post it.

As for sliders, that was a great year. It was the last year before everyone moved to the 360/PS3, so there were a million slider sets out there. Go back through the slider section here and you'll find many.

I highly suggest you try Playmakers' sliders. He put an insane amount of time into them that year. I'm sure you can find the thread with hundreds of posts.

Last edited by Wednesday; 04-20-2015 at 04:07 PM.
Old 04-20-2015, 04:12 PM   #7
Rookie

Here's a post I made over a year ago, on the topic of NCAA 06 sliders. It has a link to Playmakers' thread, plus his final slider sets.

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...01&postcount=2
Old 04-20-2015, 09:12 PM   #8
Cooking With Sauce

thesportsguru11's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gap Integrity

I'm sure you will find a solid 06 file. That was a great default season for rosters. Vince Young, the USC dynasty, excellent Ohio State, Michigan and Notre Dame teams that season (05) just a fun year to play that game. Adrian Peterson for OU was fun to run with.
Agree 100% there. Found my copy at a Gamestop over in New Hampshire for $2 over my February break last year, and I went through and named my own rosters, as I don't own a max drive. Seeing so many names I recognized, former college stars and future NFL players alike, was so cool.

Can't forget about Purdue's 6'9 impact WR Kyle Ingraham when mentioning the greats (played pitch and catch with him all day haha), among others like a decent Tennessee team (ratings wise), Chris Leak-led Florida, and the Penn State team that saved Joe Pa's job (though ratings in this game didn't reflect that .

6x Super Bowl Champion Patriots |Red Sox | Celtics | Bruins |Boston College | USC | NASCAR Young Guns

OS' biggest game show nut.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »