Home

would you play ncaa with generic players

This is a discussion on would you play ncaa with generic players within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
View Poll Results: Would you buy an NCAA FB game with real teams, but generic rosters?
yes, I would buy! 92 94.85%
Nah, I would pass. 5 5.15%
Voters: 97. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-22-2015, 11:11 PM   #9
Pro

herropreese's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: would you play ncaa with generic players

As long as the rosters can be modified I don't care.
Old 09-23-2015, 07:31 AM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 0

I voted NO because I don't my players to be known simply as QB #1 P #2 K #3 etc......

For the same reason, I also avoid playing FCS teams in each of my dynasties because they're only known as FCS NW FCS SE FCS NE FCS SW (And replacing them with the school's real name doesn't help either because if you look at the scores & schedules each week, THE SAME FCS team can appear MULTIPLE times. Gee, I thought SPLIT-SQUAD games were limited only to MLB spring training. Maybe I'm wrong ?? lol)

Cheers & GO COLORADO TEAMS !!!

BP
Old 09-23-2015, 02:59 PM   #11
Rookie

tony kant think's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bach Patu
I voted NO because I don't my players to be known simply as QB #1 P #2 K #3 etc......

For the same reason, I also avoid playing FCS teams in each of my dynasties because they're only known as FCS NW FCS SE FCS NE FCS SW (And replacing them with the school's real name doesn't help either because if you look at the scores & schedules each week, THE SAME FCS team can appear MULTIPLE times. Gee, I thought SPLIT-SQUAD games were limited only to MLB spring training. Maybe I'm wrong ?? lol)

Cheers & GO COLORADO TEAMS !!!

BP
They would not been named QB#1 or K#2. They would be generic, random names, random ratings, random looks. Just like if you were to randomize the players in your dynasty during the initial set up.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-23-2015, 07:10 PM   #12
Rookie

LuckySeven's Arena

OVR: 6

I'd go for it, heck I've bought college football games with generic teams before (Bill Walsh '95) so generic players isn't much of a stretch for me.
Old 09-24-2015, 05:39 PM   #13
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

OVR: 41

Yes. Bowl Bound College Football is generic with real teams(through a download) and I am enjoying the heck out of it right now. Of course if the game had customization options and a sharing feature, then I think the answer is obviously a yes for near everyone as those that care for actual players can download the files once completed.

― Plato
Old 09-27-2015, 08:42 AM   #14
Rookie

I posted on Nutopia a project I'm working on to build a sim football engine. I have the concept written down and am just now getting to the coding part. If anyone wants to help or test or just follow progress, check out the thread we have over there.

http://www.nutopiasports.com/forum/i...cmo-bowl.1562/

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Old 09-27-2015, 06:09 PM   #15
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony kant think
They would not been named QB#1 or K#2. They would be generic, random names, random ratings, random looks. Just like if you were to randomize the players in your dynasty during the initial set up.
In that case, yes I would because I do that in all of my Dynasties (I have to because I play on average 2-3 seasons in a RL calendar year)

However my vote stands in the event of a nameless player scenario like I indicated before though

BP
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-29-2015, 08:50 PM   #16
MVP

Toupal's Arena

IN A HEART BEAT... I would like the ability to fully customize the rosters though

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »