Home

Big 12 Realignment in 2047

This is a discussion on Big 12 Realignment in 2047 within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-02-2015, 04:43 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 1
Big 12 Realignment in 2047

It's just over 30 years into my dynasty and the Big 12 continues to lag behind the other 4 Power 5 Conferences. With the exception of TCU and user coach stints at Kansas and Texas, this conference would have produced zero National Championships in 33 seasons. The last 3 realignment newcomers, Louisville (WVU counterpart in real life), UCF and Appalachian State (circa 2031) enjoyed some mild success, but are currently sub 500 teams. Oklahoma has largely floundered, losing at least 3 games in most seasons. And the others have been pedestrian.

For years, I've thought about what to do with the conference but ultimately made no move.

I thought about making Texas independent and moving Oklahoma and Kansas to Big Ten, but that leaves Oklahoma with 11 fixed games (9 conf games and 2 annual game v Texas and OkSt). I've considered the Pac-16 with Texas, Texas Tech (or TCU), Oklahoma and Ok St, but then, with the inability to dissolve a conference, what the heck do I do with everyone else?

I'm antsy again, so I'll ask the community...what the heck should I do with the Big 12?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-02-2015, 05:16 PM   #2
Rookie

maizeblue13's Arena

OVR: 8
Re: Big 12 Realignment in 2047

Put Texas A&M and Mizzou back in
Old 11-02-2015, 05:30 PM   #3
MVP

jello1717's Arena

OVR: 16

We can't really answer this question as we have no clue what the teams look like in your 2047.

I've played a couple of dynasties into the mid 2030s and I'm sure they looked different than yours.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
College #1: Michigan Wolverines
College #2: Michigan State Spartans (my alma mater)
College #3: North Carolina Tar Heels
NHL: Detroit Redwings
Old 11-03-2015, 12:43 AM   #4
Pro

richmondn96's Arena

OVR: 4

A&M, Mizzou, Nebraska, and Colorado or maybe Iowa if they are good in your dynasty.
Old 11-03-2015, 06:40 AM   #5
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by richmondn96
A&M, Mizzou, Nebraska, and Colorado or maybe Iowa if they are good in your dynasty.
I'm actually looking for strategies for imploding the Big 12 and what to do with the remains.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-03-2015, 02:44 PM   #6
Get off my lawn

JHamilton9's Arena

OVR: 0

You definitely had different results than me. In one dynasty, the Big 12 won 7 out of the first 10 championships (Texas, Oklahoma, TCU). In another dynasty, they won 4 out of the first 10.

I never created a 12-team league for the Big 12, and I was thinking the lack of a championship game was making the Big 12 stronger.

Plus, if you get Texas as a pipeline state, you'd probably be getting some players away from those schools. In one dynasty, I started heavily recruiting the state of Alabama (getting 4-6 players a year), and I noticed Alabama and Auburn gradually getting weaker.
Old 11-03-2015, 05:56 PM   #7
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by JHamilton9
You definitely had different results than me. In one dynasty, the Big 12 won 7 out of the first 10 championships (Texas, Oklahoma, TCU). In another dynasty, they won 4 out of the first 10.

I never created a 12-team league for the Big 12, and I was thinking the lack of a championship game was making the Big 12 stronger.

Plus, if you get Texas as a pipeline state, you'd probably be getting some players away from those schools. In one dynasty, I started heavily recruiting the state of Alabama (getting 4-6 players a year), and I noticed Alabama and Auburn gradually getting weaker.
That's interesting. I initial thought that having 10 teams made the Big 12 weaker since your conference rating is based on the top 6 teams and the top 6 teams in a 12 team, non round Robin conference are more likely to have better records than the top 6 in a 10 team round Robin conference.

However , even after adding the two best AAC teams, the Big 12 consistently fell behind the other Power 5. In fact, the MWC and AAC will often times be rated ahead of the Big 12 in my dynasty.

You are on point about the pipeline states. It seems that every team has established Texas and Florida as pipelines. I just took over at Minnesota and both those states were pipelines. Meanwhile Florida and Florida St have been mediocre for years.
Old 11-03-2015, 07:18 PM   #8
Data Logger

StoneCalf's Arena

No significant success in my 40 year dynasty either- zero National Championships. I did return Mizzou & TAMU back to Big XII very early on.
18 time National Champions
53 Conference Championships
NCAA 14: 614-182

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »