Home

What is your most epic comeback

This is a discussion on What is your most epic comeback within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-26-2015, 02:24 PM   #1
Rookie

esc1010's Arena

OVR: 0
What is your most epic comeback

Playing in NCAA 13. I was in my second season as NC State, I was 7-4 heading to Los Angeles against 11-0, #1 USC. With 4:39 left in the 3rd I was down 35-3 and the announcers were already saying to warm up the bus.I scored a touchdown within twenty seconds and forced an INT with 3:57. Heading into the 4th, I trailed 17-35, they were stopped on 4th down and I scored 8 on a long verticals play and then a 2-PT. By 2:00 USC offense collapsed and their defense couldn't stop my 300+ yard receiver Justin Watergate. They had the ball with :28 left, and I was down 31-35. I intercepted their pass on their 19 yard line and scored a pick six. I managed to get the 2-PT to make them need a touchdown. They couldn't do anything, and I won 39-35.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-26-2015, 04:27 PM   #2
MVP

jello1717's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: What is your most epic comeback

Wtf were they doing throwing the ball on their own 19, up 4, with 28 seconds left in the game?!?

It's ret.arded play calling like that which can really sap the joy out of what could've been a great game.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
College #1: Michigan Wolverines
College #2: Michigan State Spartans (my alma mater)
College #3: North Carolina Tar Heels
NHL: Detroit Redwings
Old 11-26-2015, 05:10 PM   #3
Rookie

SalvArmyMatt's Arena

OVR: 1

Nice comeback! My favorite comeback was in an online game, down 21-0 in the 1st quarter after throwing a couple picks. The guy was sending me messages, "LOL! You suck"

I took a deep breath and worked my way back to 21-14 halftime. Got the ball, tied it up in the opening possession and took over. Ended up winning 35-21. All the more sweeter with his messaging me.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk
Old 11-26-2015, 11:49 PM   #4
Banned

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by SalvArmyMatt
Nice comeback! My favorite comeback was in an online game, down 21-0 in the 1st quarter after throwing a couple picks. The guy was sending me messages, "LOL! You suck"

I took a deep breath and worked my way back to 21-14 halftime. Got the ball, tied it up in the opening possession and took over. Ended up winning 35-21. All the more sweeter with his messaging me.

I've done it a few times. It's amazing. Sometimes play like crap for a couple of possessions just to try to come back.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 11-27-2015, 01:37 AM   #5
MVP

jello1717's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by SalvArmyMatt

I'm surprised he finished the game. Usually the kind of guy that's gonna PM you "LOL! You suck" when he's winning will quit the game as soon as things don't go his way.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-27-2015, 10:14 PM   #6
Rookie

orangeafroman's Arena

OVR: 3

I got down 24-0 to #1 Notre Dame, thanks to a turnover every possession. It was such a BS game, I was going to turn it off. I said F-it and kept playing anyway. With the idiotic play-calling the CPU always does in the 2nd half, I figured I had a shot. I was basically just curious.

Funnily enough, when the BS turnovers stopped, I started doing well. I scored just before the half and wound up winning 28-24. I had to play perfectly and I did (5 min quarters).

By BS turnovers, I mean several fumbles in a half and those INTs where the throw goes about 15 yards in front of your WR straight to the safety on the other side of the field.
Old 11-28-2015, 03:03 PM   #7
MVP

jello1717's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangeafroman
I got down 24-0 to #1 Notre Dame, thanks to a turnover every possession. It was such a BS game, I was going to turn it off.
So, when you're losing games you just quit?

Sounds cool.
Old 11-30-2015, 09:35 PM   #8
Rookie

orangeafroman's Arena

OVR: 3

I do when it's an avalanche of BS. I'd honestly pay $100 for the CPU to beat me, straight up.

It's rarely earned.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »