Home

Supersimming FG kicking

This is a discussion on Supersimming FG kicking within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-03-2016, 03:20 PM   #1
MVP

jello1717's Arena

OVR: 16
Supersimming FG kicking

I'm sure that most of us would agree that kicking is WAAAAAAY too easy when you do it manually. Even worse, if you're using coach mode, the kickers will make 100% of the FGs for which they have enough leg.

I've found that supersimming FGs makes for much more realistic FG %s. On kicks I supersim (RB on XBox) and then "watch play" (RB) so that I can see the kick. This allows you to watch as the CPU kicks the FG for you and adds some more tension as you know it's not a guarantee to be good.

In the past when I was playing the game (I do coach mode now) I tried to make it more difficult by not allowing myself to aim with the LS, but had to hook/slice it through using the RS, but even this is really easy once you get used to it. I feel that supersimming is the best way to go.

1 thing to keep in mind is that once you select supersim you can't call a TO or change the play so you need to make sure that the CPU will elect to kick the FG. You can do this by going to "Ask Coach" and seeing which play it would choose. If it is indeed a FG, then supersim it. If not, then you'll have to manually kick it, otherwise it might be a fake or they might go for it.

Here's an example of what you can expect. This is my current SR kicker:
IMG_1260.jpg

so he's a very good kicker, even with me subtracting 20 KAC when he was a FR (which I also strongly recommend). And here he is attempting a 37 yd FG (he booted a 53 yarder earlier this season) that he simply pushes left.

For those of you that are worried that maybe they'll miss all the time, here are his season and career stat totals:

Capture1.PNG

You can see that he still hits 80+% of his kicks (mainly because I haven't attempted many from 40+) and, most importantly, he's not sitting at 95-100% like I'm sure most of your kickers are (I know that mine always were when I manually kicked FGs).
College #1: Michigan Wolverines
College #2: Michigan State Spartans (my alma mater)
College #3: North Carolina Tar Heels
NHL: Detroit Redwings
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-03-2016, 03:44 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 5
Re: Supersimming FG kicking

I agree... Supersimming is a must. Changes your thought process once you get into range.

Let's say you're 3rd & 8 from the 20(37 yrd FG) and your kicker is average at best. If you know you're going to sim the kick, its no guarantee that he makes it, you may be more conservative in play calling to be sure you get at least 3 points.

Now if you manually do all your kicking and the down and distance is the same as above and knowing you already have 3 points in your pocket, you are more likely to call a riskier play because it will not matter if you get the 1st down or not. You are 99% sure you're coming away with 3 points.

Same with kickoffs and punts, Sim it all for both teams...
Old 01-03-2016, 04:02 PM   #3
MVP

jello1717's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by eskimos44
I agree... Supersimming is a must. Changes your thought process once you get into range.

Let's say you're 3rd & 8 from the 20(37 yrd FG) and your kicker is average at best. If you know you're going to sim the kick, its no guarantee that he makes it, you may be more conservative in play calling to be sure you get at least 3 points.

Now if you manually do all your kicking and the down and distance is the same as above and knowing you already have 3 points in your pocket, you are more likely to call a riskier play because it will not matter if you get the 1st down or not. You are 99% sure you're coming away with 3 points.

Same with kickoffs and punts, Sim it all for both teams...
Yeah, I do it for kickoffs and punts as well.
Old 01-03-2016, 07:49 PM   #4
MVP

whughes's Arena

OVR: 0

I've been super simming kickoffs for both teams for awhile now. That way I don't always start my drives at the 40+ yard line, and occasionally the CPU will take one to the house on me. Which never happens when I manually kickoff

Fan of:
Chicago Bears
U of M Wolverines
CMU Chippewas

Old 01-03-2016, 07:54 PM   #5

NewNapkin's Arena

OVR: 9

Does watching the play work just as well as simming it? For a while I supersimmed all special teams play, but it sucked not being able to see that game winning field goal or that amazing return TD.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-04-2016, 03:30 AM   #6
Just started!

OVR: 0

you may be more conservative in play calling to be sure you get at least 3 points.
Old 01-04-2016, 07:13 AM   #7
MVP

Mjphillips's Arena

OVR: 10

Sometimes, checking ask Corso does not work. Your team will go for it when it said you were gonna kick. That has cost me more than a few times. I'm on Xbox. I still enjoy simming kicks though. It definitely impacts my playcalling.
Old 01-04-2016, 11:08 AM   #8
MVP

jello1717's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mjphillips
Sometimes, checking ask Corso does not work. Your team will go for it when it said you were gonna kick. That has cost me more than a few times. I'm on Xbox. I still enjoy simming kicks though. It definitely impacts my playcalling.

You mentioned "Ask Corso" so does that mean you're playing an older version of the game? In '14 when I go to "Ask Coach" and it says he'll bring on the kicking team, he always does. This of course doesn't mean that it's a 100% guarantee, just that in my particular sample it's been that way.

I can't speak for older games though.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »