Home

Indy company working on new ncaa game??

This is a discussion on Indy company working on new ncaa game?? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-31-2016, 03:46 PM   #41
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

OVR: 41
Re: Indy company working on new ncaa game??

Ehh, that doesn't look too good, but it's very early so I'm not really going to use it to judge how the rest of the game will be. Give me a deep gameplay on and off the field with great atmosphere and I'll be happy.

I just wonder how far out from release we are. If I am understanding right they really won't start any work on the game unless they reach their fundraising goal in September. If the game is going to be realistic and match what EA has tried implementing into Madden lately with different blocking types, realistic zone concepts, pattern matching, etc. then we won't see a release until 2018 probably.

The screenshots released are so simple. I could easily download Unreal again or Unity and go in and make a more detailed looking stadium in 4-5 hours if I wanted to that was textured and looked more or less finished.

I do hope this turns out to be real, but I am not exactly expecting much the first go around. I will back it and support this game, but I just question how far they can go with the first release. There are a lot of great indie games out there so there is hope. Maybe EA's lack of progress from year to year has my views slanted towards the negative end.

― Plato

Last edited by canes21; 07-31-2016 at 03:57 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-31-2016, 04:37 PM   #42
MVP

TheRosterMaster's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by canes21
Ehh, that doesn't look too good, but it's very early so I'm not really going to use it to judge how the rest of the game will be. Give me a deep gameplay on and off the field with great atmosphere and I'll be happy.

I just wonder how far out from release we are. If I am understanding right they really won't start any work on the game unless they reach their fundraising goal in September. If the game is going to be realistic and match what EA has tried implementing into Madden lately with different blocking types, realistic zone concepts, pattern matching, etc. then we won't see a release until 2018 probably.

The screenshots released are so simple. I could easily download Unreal again or Unity and go in and make a more detailed looking stadium in 4-5 hours if I wanted to that was textured and looked more or less finished.

I do hope this turns out to be real, but I am not exactly expecting much the first go around. I will back it and support this game, but I just question how far they can go with the first release. There are a lot of great indie games out there so there is hope. Maybe EA's lack of progress from year to year has my views slanted towards the negative end.
I've talked to them a little bit lately and they said they are aiming for 2019.

TBH I don't know how well the fundraising will go. For some reason I have a bad feeling, but I will put in a decent amount of money anyway.
Old 07-31-2016, 04:43 PM   #43
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

I don't expect the fundraising to go that well either. Hopefully they aren't going to ask for some ridiculous budget. This isn't the type of game in my opinion that will get hundreds of thousands(maybe hyperbole) donating for it like a Star Citizen. The college football video game fanbase is both large and small in a way. It has the numbers from a casual standpoint, but the hardcore fans are not as common as we might think on this board.

― Plato
Old 07-31-2016, 08:13 PM   #44
MVP

TheRosterMaster's Arena

Breaking: IMVGaming is trying to set up communications with Fox Sports commentator Tim Brando
Old 07-31-2016, 10:49 PM   #45
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

I would like to see them go a different route with a lot of the features though. From ratings, to scouting, to recruiting, etc. I would rather they take their own approach to it all and not just copy and paste what we've seen from EA already.

I am a big supporter of getting rid of number ratings. I would rather see scouting reports for each player and if we have to have numbers, keep it all under the hood. I want to open the player card of a HS player or a player on my team or a future opponent and not see numbers. I want to see something like a WR that has "Great Hands, Explosive First Step, etc." Or even a player card of WR's and it has "Hands ++, Burst +++, Route Running -".

I am tired of numbers. I want to look at players the same way we would in real life. Sure, some sites may rate a guy, but normally a coach or scout sees the measurable, then watches films and comes up with what they think of a guy such as a CB that has fluid hips, attacks the ball, can't tackle. A DT that has raw strength, but lacks technique. A QB that can flick his wrist and the ball launches 45 yards like it is nothing, but his footwork is awful. There are plenty of ways to go about it, but I really really don't want to see numbers anymore. I'd love to have two WR's on my team that have nearly the exact same scouting report and I have to go through practices, spring games, actual games to see who can earn that starting spot. Numbers flat out tell you who is better. Sure, some of us have guys that play way above their ratings, but I would rather find out who is better from scouting and watching them play rather than looking at numbers for 50 ratings.

I would love to see recruiting change. If it has to be similar to any game, I would rather it be like College Hoops 2k8. The big schools have the budget to fly across the country and do in-home visits to all the top recruits they target while smaller schools really have to stay local. I want to pick whether I am sending a simple letter to a guy or visiting him with an assistant or going all out with the head coach going to in-home. I don't want a bar graph showing me how much I lead on a recruit. I want to worry for everyone and get early commitments and hope they stick. I want players to decommit, open their recruiting back up, whatever. I want to be able to host a camp that allows me to run drills with all the prospects that came from the list I invited so I can get a hands on type of experience with them much like the ABL and see who I like the most.

I want to see a notification that a recruit has unofficially visited my campus on his own dime 3 times in a month which leads me to believe he will commit soon. I want a system in place that tracks high schools and gives a slight boost if you are have a teammate committed of a recruit. I want to see interviews for recruits even if they are somewhat generic that just give you an idea of what is going on with each guy. Even if you host a camp and then see a headline and the article is brief and the game says the recruit had a good time, but don't know if they want to play out of state because their family can't watch them play as much.

I could go on and on. There is so much that we all want in a new game and I really hope these guys dream as much as we do on this board and field a team talented enough to accomplish those dreams. EA Tiburon left a sour taste in my mouth with these games. I still play NCAA 14, I just did an hour or two ago, but there is so much they could have done differently IMO.

I want a new game that makes each head coach and program really have strengths and weaknesses. I'd love to hire position coaches and S&C coaches. The idea of looking at a DB coach and seeing one that is an ace recruiter, yet average at best at progressing your kids compared to another prospect for the job that is an average recruiter, but the best at teaching technique and your guaranteed to have most guys progress under him is exciting to me. I want some schools to spend too much on coordinators that they have average position coaches and a mediocre S&C program so when you play them you notice their players being fatigued in the 4th quarter more than your team. Maybe they suffer more injuries through the year.

Those are the aspects of college football that have never been represented well and I think it is time we get them in a game. We got the traits and a carousel, but I know must of us will agree that it wasn't exactly done that well. Some traits have their presence felt, but there is hardly a difference between a Brady Hoke and a Gary Pinkel. Give me a game that has a coach like Pinkel that can get players to maintain discipline and progress each year and also play every game to their potential. Then also have some coaches that just have some really up and down teams and maybe hurt the program more than they help it as nobody progresses under them and their recruiting falls off once their on field product is exposed.

Bleh, I really could write a novel.

― Plato
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-01-2016, 05:01 PM   #46

Deegeezy's Arena

OVR: 15

Those stadium shots look very basic. I'm not getting my hopes up on this one.

COACH GEEZY IN THE BIG EASY PART III: LEGACY | FROM BOURBON ST. TO THE BAYOU
Old 08-01-2016, 08:18 PM   #47
Banned

2019 seems like an ideal year for this game, lot of forum reading and getting together what most of us hardcore sim really look for. I just think this guy has really good suggestions but seeing as this will be from what I'm seeing a graphical and sim style game i highly doubt they'll put much into once than the other but that's just my opinion. I'm on board mentally but once i see something in print that really peaks my interest from sim guy standpoint i won't invest money because honestly if the game never gets released and all of us invest we lose money if it never gets to a point where we see progress in areas we crave for but if they give us concrete info on things to come that satisfy at least half those needs i for one won't feel all that bad if the investment never materializes into anything but it just gives hope. Don't mean to be a Debbie downer with that but if ea jumps the gun I'm sure(or maybe not so sure) they'll see this unfinished project floating around and see that it has at least offered what we alll crave but never made because the money wasn't there and they'll look to add things from this not to copycat but as a means of realizing darn we almost had competition and ppl really got behind this blind faith with their own money. Rambling but yeah it's just my own opinion as I've said hopefully this sticks because man i love college football

Sent from my LGLS990 using Tapatalk
Old 08-03-2016, 07:36 PM   #48
MVP

TheRosterMaster's Arena

they are looking for $850,000......

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »