Home

What Teams Have You Used In Dynasty?

This is a discussion on What Teams Have You Used In Dynasty? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-22-2016, 05:13 PM   #9
MVP

jello1717's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: What Teams Have You Used In Dynasty?

Michigan (DUH!) - I've started some dynasties with them and they're always my dream job when I do a coach progression dynasty.

Arizona State - Did an OD in '12? with them and it was awesome. It was the 1st year of their new unis, but sadly EA didn't have their white and yellow options. I also made a stop there for about 10 years in one of my progression dynasties.

North Carolina - This is my 3rd favorite team and I made a prolonged stop there in '14. I love their unis and I love UNC. I even managed to win a title there before I left for Michigan (the only job that could've made me leave Chapel Hill).

SMU - Did an OD with them in '13? in a 6 user Big XII. It was a blast building the Mustangs into a national powerhouse.

Kansas - I started with a 1* Kansas in '14 in a promotion/relegation dynasty. It was a lot of fun building up a bottom dweller, but being a P/R dynasty it wasn't as tough to begin with as a normal dynasty would be since I was in a conference with the UTEPS, San Joses, and North Texases of the world. It became quite a challenge after we were promoted up a couple of tiers. Kansas also has some pretty great uniform options if you're looking for a 1* in a power conference.

Illinois - Did a '14 OD with them in a 12 user B1G. It was a bloodbath being in a 12 person conference, but my Illini were able to come through on top. Plus I've always like Illinois since I was a kid.

Cal - Did another '14 OD with them and had a blast there too. It was tough sledding to begin as I'm a diehard spread option guy and while Jared Goff is a great QB, he's no Denard Robinson or Pat White. I'd say give me a Treyvon Boykin or Dak Prescott over a Cody Kessler or Jared Goff every time.
College #1: Michigan Wolverines
College #2: Michigan State Spartans (my alma mater)
College #3: North Carolina Tar Heels
NHL: Detroit Redwings
Old 08-22-2016, 06:57 PM   #10
MVP

SilverBullet19's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by jello1717
Michigan (DUH!) - I've started some dynasties with them and they're always my dream job when I do a coach progression dynasty.

Arizona State - Did an OD in '12? with them and it was awesome. It was the 1st year of their new unis, but sadly EA didn't have their white and yellow options. I also made a stop there for about 10 years in one of my progression dynasties.

North Carolina - This is my 3rd favorite team and I made a prolonged stop there in '14. I love their unis and I love UNC. I even managed to win a title there before I left for Michigan (the only job that could've made me leave Chapel Hill).

SMU - Did an OD with them in '13? in a 6 user Big XII. It was a blast building the Mustangs into a national powerhouse.

Kansas - I started with a 1* Kansas in '14 in a promotion/relegation dynasty. It was a lot of fun building up a bottom dweller, but being a P/R dynasty it wasn't as tough to begin with as a normal dynasty would be since I was in a conference with the UTEPS, San Joses, and North Texases of the world. It became quite a challenge after we were promoted up a couple of tiers. Kansas also has some pretty great uniform options if you're looking for a 1* in a power conference.

Illinois - Did a '14 OD with them in a 12 user B1G. It was a bloodbath being in a 12 person conference, but my Illini were able to come through on top. Plus I've always like Illinois since I was a kid.

Cal - Did another '14 OD with them and had a blast there too. It was tough sledding to begin as I'm a diehard spread option guy and while Jared Goff is a great QB, he's no Denard Robinson or Pat White. I'd say give me a Treyvon Boykin or Dak Prescott over a Cody Kessler or Jared Goff every time.
Last time I used Arizona State was at least 4-5 years ago. I loved their old uniforms, the simple mustard and maroon with the Walt Disney Devil lol. Went about 5-6 years in, which was the norm for me.

I've tried to get going with UNC, but for some reason I can never stick with it more than 3 games. I love their uniforms and everything, but it loses its luster for me.

Longest dynasties I've had were Boise State (8 years) and Cal, I think I went 7 into that one. The season its that short is because I stop playing in the offseason. When I pick it back up, I forget the history of the dynasty...rivalries, storylines, last season's scores, etc.

I started documenting on here, and I think I will now go much deeper. I'm in the 6th year with Sonoma State now (5 with the team, 1 was OC with Idaho).

Major Boise State fan
Old 08-23-2016, 10:21 PM   #11
Rookie

All of them. No, not really. But it feels like it. I think my first NCAA was 2002? Chris Weinke on the cover.

Air Force-Always a favorite. Love the service academies and the triple option.
Alabama
Arkansas-Darren McFadden
Arkansas State
Army
Auburn-That team with Jason Campbell, Cadillac Williams, and Ronnie Brown was so nasty
Cal-Aaron Rodgers
Central Michigan-When they were really good
Colorado-Great uniforms
Duke-Back when they really sucked
Eastern Michigan-A major challenge
Florida
Florida State-Random one. Won the national championship after EJ Manuel got hurt and their backup (some generic redshirt junior) played great
Georgia
Georgia Tech-Calvin Johnson
Georgia State-Good "started from the bottom" team
Iowa State-Making them a triple option team
Louisiana Monroe
LSU-2011 team was so fun. Had a crazy schedule playing Oregon and West Virginia
Miami-One I've done several times. Love bringing the Canes back to glory
Michigan
Michigan State
Minnesota-When they had Marion Barber and Laurence Mauroney
NC State-When they had Mario Williams and Manny Lawson
Nebaska-Bringing back the I Bone
Notre Dame-Also several times. Always an interesting team because of their schedule
Oklahoma State
Oregon-Love that offense. And all the uniforms
Penn State-When they were on probation
Pitt-Because Pat Narduzzi is their coach now
South Carolina-When Spurrier first went there
Stanford-For Andrew Luck
Syracuse-Love the former powers fallen on hard times
Tennessee-Playing as them right now. Loaded team this year
Texas-Bringing them back to glory
Texas A&M-I really liked them back when they had Javorskie Lane and Reggie McNeal
Texas Tech-Back when the spread was still a novelty
USC-Probation dynasty
Vanderbilt-Fun challenge
Virginia-In the Wali Lundy/Heath Miller period
Virginia Tech-Vick. And whenever I wanted a defense-first team
Washington
West Virginia-When Rich Rod was there
Western Michigan

And there are a bunch more I'm forgetting. I always get tired of dynasties after a year or two.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-25-2016, 07:50 PM   #12
MVP

SilverBullet19's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartan Warrior

And there are a bunch more I'm forgetting. I always get tired of dynasties after a year or two.
Geez...and I thought I was bad playing only 4-6 seasons in most of my dynasties! 1-2 seasons...why even bother recruiting? lol

Major Boise State fan
Old 08-26-2016, 02:25 AM   #13
MVP

OVR: 1

Marshall and Virginia Tech a lot due to being a fan and alum respectively. I think I got up to at least 10 seasons with each multiple times.

The more recent dynasties I've done have been UNLV (7 seasons so far, this is my ongoing one), Washington State (~5 seasons), Army (~5 seasons), and WKU (~7 seasons.) My UNLV one I'm definitely going to keep going for a little bit because I've got a stellar true sophomore scrambling QB named Sean Jones that I've got to see finish his career.

In the past I've done more than I could hope to remember, but the one that sticks out was a few years back I did a long run with aTm, probably around 10 seasons. A different year I had a good run with Baylor, probably 5ish. My longest ever was a Marshall dynasty that lasted 17 seasons.
Old 08-26-2016, 11:19 AM   #14
Rookie

I have a few distinct patterns:

-"Return to Glory" dynasties are my favorite. Whenever a national power fall on hard times, you can bet I'm going to take them over and try to turn them around. Notre Dame, Texas, Michigan, Penn State. And ones that have been down longer like Syracuse and Colorado.

-Running a specific system. Mostly this is Triple Option, which I always love doing. But sometimes I decide I really want to run the Air Raid, or a power run offense, or something else.

-A specific player. I'm a sucker for two way players, so whenever I can get somebody to play both ways I do it. But also fun players like Darren McFadden, Denard Robinson, Jabrill Peppers, Leo Fournette.

-Service academies or academic schools. Similar principle where I'm limited in recruiting. Try to only recruit good students with strong character. And observe weight/height limits for the academies. And abide by the no redshirt rule.

-Starting from the bottom. Give me the worst team. The team that's brand new to football, that has no hope. UAB is going to be an awesome one in another year when they start playing again.

-Alternate history-Fun thing I've done a few times where I played as a famous coach taking over a program. Bill Parcells, Bill Belichick, Vince Lombardi, Bill Walsh. Fun to implement their systems and philosophies.

-Coaching. Love starting as the OC (really QB coach, I don't call the plays) at a bottom school and work up to being a head coach. Doesn't take long to play to games because you don't have to play defense or recruit or worry about the lineup. Just make the best with whatever you have.
Old 08-29-2016, 02:08 PM   #15
MVP

Mjphillips's Arena

OVR: 10

Since NCAA 2002
Buffalo, Michigan, Baylor a few times (alma mater), Oregon, Miss St (Dak Prescott years), Michigan state, Iowa, Purdue, USC, Marshall, Notre Dame, and now I'm in year 2041 with Colorado on 14. I've been at Colorado since I got the game. Still loving it and actually playing most games. The playoff mod is just so awesome.

Also Washington and VT
Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk

Last edited by Mjphillips; 08-29-2016 at 02:13 PM. Reason: Forgot two great teams.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-29-2016, 05:34 PM   #16
DHC
Rookie

Tend to stick to the lower ranked teams, but have enjoyed recently playing with:

Army
Navy
Hawaii
Tulsa
Air Force
Marshall

Can't beat a good rebuild multi-year one team dynasty.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »