Home

Off season recruiting

This is a discussion on Off season recruiting within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-08-2016, 08:01 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Off season recruiting

If I am going into off season recruiting and I have not offered a scholarship to a certain player is there a way to offer in the off season? If not even if I am in the lead and put all my points on him there is no way to sign him right?
Also, I have 2 recruits where I am the only scholarship offer. There is no need to put any points on them in the offseason, right?

Last edited by Locke888; 12-08-2016 at 10:18 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-08-2016, 12:30 PM   #2
Rookie

bigmachingon's Arena

Re: Off season recruiting

Quote:
Originally Posted by Locke888
If I am going into off season recruiting and I have not offered a scholarship to a certain player is there a way to offer in the off season? If not even if I am in the lead and put all my points on him there is no way to sign him right?
Also, I have 2 recruits where I am the only scholarship offer. There is no need to put any points on them in the offseason, right?
Yes, you can offer a scholarship in off season. And if you're the only scholarship then you will land them for sure
Old 12-08-2016, 01:02 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigmachingon
Yes, you can offer a scholarship in off season. And if you're the only scholarship then you will land them for sure
I agree to an extent but this is not 100% accurate.

You can offer scholarships to anyone in the offseason, however if you are adding a recruit that doesn't have you in their Top 10 in the post-season you will never get them from my experience regardless of how many points you give them. If they are in your Top 10 you still may not get them but you have a better chance.

If you're the only scholarship offer, you most likely don't have to put more points. But the CPU could offer a scholarship and devote all of their points to steal them so if you really want that recruit I would invest some points to avoid this situation.

Lastly you are never guaranteed to sign a recruit even if you are the only scholarship offer heading into the Signing week during the off season. This is because each recruit has a certain point limit you must reach before they commit. So if through the season/off season you do not reach this limit there are occasions where the recruit will simply not sign with any team, and be deleted from the game after you sim past the Signing period week.
Old 12-08-2016, 01:20 PM   #4
Rookie

I'm heading into offseason recruiting. Bama leads me by 1425 points for a HB recruit. His lock % is 73%. If I do a calculation it shows for him to have been 100% locked the point lead would have to have been 1950. Is my theory correct on this? Is this how it works?
Old 12-08-2016, 02:37 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
I'm heading into offseason recruiting. Bama leads me by 1425 points for a HB recruit. His lock % is 73%. If I do a calculation it shows for him to have been 100% locked the point lead would have to have been 1950. Is my theory correct on this? Is this how it works?
I'm not quite sure how you calculated but an additional 500 points to get from 73% to 100% doesn't really sound right. You'd have to know how many points have been invested in him by that team to determine the remaining points.

Being down 1425 points, Ohio State may think they have him locked up and not devote any more points so you could steal him with maybe 2-3k points.

I can tell you that the CPU typically goes after only a few recruits but they put a lot of points into each one. So if you really want this guy it may be worth to invest almost all of your points for that offseason in him.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-08-2016, 06:04 PM   #6
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayhawkfan11
I'm not quite sure how you calculated but an additional 500 points to get from 73% to 100% doesn't really sound right. You'd have to know how many points have been invested in him by that team to determine the remaining points.

Being down 1425 points, Ohio State may think they have him locked up and not devote any more points so you could steal him with maybe 2-3k points.

I can tell you that the CPU typically goes after only a few recruits but they put a lot of points into each one. So if you really want this guy it may be worth to invest almost all of your points for that offseason in him.
I'm thinking the points lead is what they are looking at for % lock. 1425 out of 1950 is 73%. Of course it's just a theory. Tell me how it works, you guys here probably have way more game time than I do on it. I've only had this game 3 months.

Last edited by Locke888; 12-08-2016 at 10:08 PM.
Old 12-10-2016, 11:21 AM   #7
Rookie

Quote:
I'm thinking the points lead is what they are looking at for % lock. 1425 out of 1950 is 73%. Of course it's just a theory. Tell me how it works, you guys here probably have way more game time than I do on it. I've only had this game 3 months.
Jello can you answer this? You seem to know quite a bit about how the game functions.
Old 12-10-2016, 02:56 PM   #8
MVP

jello1717's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
1425 isn't the # of points you've aquired (if you spend 700 per week, that'd only be 2 weeks worth). It's how big of a lead you have.

The % is what percentage of his total lock amount you have.

IE. if his lock amount is 20,000 (just a made up number as every recruit's goal is different) and you're 73% locked, then you've amassed a total of 14,600 points. If you have a lead of 1425, then you've spent 14,600 while the #2 team has spent 13,175. You'd still need to spend another 5,400 to lock him.

IE. If his lock amount is 10,000, then you've spent a total of 7,300 and 2nd place has spent 5,875. You'd still need to spend 2,700 to lock him.
College #1: Michigan Wolverines
College #2: Michigan State Spartans (my alma mater)
College #3: North Carolina Tar Heels
NHL: Detroit Redwings

Last edited by jello1717; 12-10-2016 at 02:59 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »