Home

Now that Madden is out...

This is a discussion on Now that Madden is out... within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
View Poll Results: Which game do you prefer?
NCAA 73 52.52%
Madden 66 47.48%
Voters: 139. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-11-2004, 01:52 PM   #9
Live Action, please?

jfsolo's Arena

OVR: 20
Re: Now that Madden is out...

I'm an equal opportunity footballer, but the thing is madden is so good this year that it has jazzed me up for NCAA more. The recruiting, training, and progression of players means so much more this year because when I import them into madden it will be FUN playing with and against these players this year. Especially Defensive players- all the D positions can be impact players this year(Finally LB's aren't worthless in the game anymore)
Old 08-11-2004, 02:16 PM   #10
ehh
Hall Of Fame

ehh's Arena

OVR: 44

NCAA for me because...

A) The biggest, I like college more than pros in real life.

B) Better replay value in college because:

- You keep players for 4 years max, the good ones for three, then get new ones. This keeps the game fresh, plenty of new players to get adjusted to and to dominate with. The pro game you can play 8-10 seasons and keep your top 5 players, nothing really changes, just the same guys year in and year out.

- Same thing with scheduling, you can pick from 120+ teams to play, change it up every year.

- There are 120+ teams to chose and control. Start with an established powerhouse, finish building a rising school, take a school from the bottom and build from scratch. Do it it in the Big 10, do it out in the Pac-10, then the Big 12. Pick a small conference, weak school and try to build them up enough to get an invite into a BCS conference. You never run out of teams to use and tasks to over come. Nothing is cooler than getting a stud 5-star recruit to come to your small school and just have him destroy the conference, and even upset some big schools. I love getting that nasty scrambling QB with Boise State or some where and end up beating Oklahoma or something because he can carry the team and single handedly beat another squad.

C) Running the Option

D) RECRUITING!! A thousand times better than signing free agents and the NFL Draft.

E) Variety of talent in opposing schools. Some teams you SHOULD beat 70-3, some should beat you 55-10. Others are close. This doesn't happen too much in the NFL. There is never a spread of 42 in the NFL. It gets frustrating in 2K5/Madden when you win 55-10 because you know that doesn't happen too often, yet you can do it two or three times each season.

Plenty more little things, but thats the jist of it.

"Beware of geeks bearing formulas." - Warren Buffet
Old 08-11-2004, 06:35 PM   #11
Rookie

OVR: 1

1.recruiting
2.scheduling and run to the national title (BCS rankings are always fun haha)
3.option
4.Home field advantage
madden franchise is actually too deep, and it gets confusing and frustrating with resigning players, keeping people happy and the draft is really boring. in college you get these young recruits and nurture them for a couple years to turn them into great players, seems more lifelike with the progression and growth of the young kids...always sad to see them leave early though
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-11-2004, 09:00 PM   #12
MVP

OVR: 8

I'm torn here. I don't think I can just pick one.
Old 08-11-2004, 10:56 PM   #13
Rookie

OVR: 1

Hey Jistic, I am just curious, don't want a debate or anything lol, but have you played ESPN 2k5? If so, how do you like it and do you like it or Madden more overall(minus importing NCAA). Just curious.
Old 08-12-2004, 09:51 AM   #14
#HTownTakeover #YWCF

coogrfan's Arena

OVR: 27

I voted for Madden. I really like NCAA, but for the first time in recent memory Madden is clearly the better game.
Old 08-12-2004, 09:53 AM   #15
Hall Of Fame

Jistic's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmekaConn
Hey Jistic, I am just curious, don't want a debate or anything lol, but have you played ESPN 2k5? If so, how do you like it and do you like it or Madden more overall(minus importing NCAA). Just curious.
Yeah I don't want to light that fuse either LOL. But yes I did play it. If you want my thoughts, send me an IM. THe mods have enough of these threads to deal with already.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-12-2004, 08:19 PM   #16
Pac12fan

ochoco's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pared
Opinions welcome.
I like Madden this year better than I have in a Looooong time. But I will still play NCAA more. Not that its a better game because it does have quite a few negatives this year. But, seriously...its College Football. Need I say more?

Nascar: #88 Junior

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »