Home

Create A Recruit In My Dynasty!

This is a discussion on Create A Recruit In My Dynasty! within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-03-2017, 10:36 PM   #9
Pro

Burns2211's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: Create A Recruit In My Dynasty!

Thank you everyone for the submissions! I'll be closing them for season 1. Will be interesting see how these 7 guys turn out!

I'll be home on Thursday. So expect this to start Thursday or Friday.
Old 12-04-2017, 02:09 AM   #10
Rookie

DatGuy12x2's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burns2211
Thank you everyone for the submissions! I'll be closing them for season 1. Will be interesting see how these 7 guys turn out!

I'll be home on Thursday. So expect this to start Thursday or Friday.

Can’t wait, this is a great idea!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 12-08-2017, 04:26 PM   #11
Pro

Burns2211's Arena

Season 1 Week 1 Recruiting Update

It's time! We have 7 recruits, and all of them have exciting potential. As I've done in the past, I give up dates for recruiting in Weeks 1, 5, 10, 15, and then signing day. So, without dragging it on any longer, here is your first update!

4* QB Cody Frank
Rugby, ND
Top 3 Teams
1) Northwestern
2) Kansas State
3) Air Force

Cody Frank is is talented recruit that is definitely starting to catch some eyes. He can run a 4.5 40, which definitely is part of the reason Air Force is interested. The kid has a huge arm, but definitely needs to work on his accuracy to be successful as a passer at this level.

4* TE Jackson Neal
San Jose, CA
Top 3 Teams
1) USC
2) Nebraska
3) Auburn

True to his wants, Neal seems to be prioritizing playing close to home. USC could definitely be a really good fit for this kid, and I think he'd get a lot of opportunities to succeed. Nebraska and Auburn are definitely more interesting. Is Neal going to prioritize staying in California? Or will one of these other teams be able to swoop him up?

3* QB Mason Post
Fall River, MA
Top 3 Teams
1) Oregon
2) Oklahoma State
3) Ohio State

Mason Post might be one of the most interesting recruits we have. He's from Massachusetts, but has the Oregon Ducks on top of his list. It's obviously early, but a guy with his speed, would be able to be a difference maker in Eugene in my opinion. We'll see if he continues to prioritize putting himself in the best situation as opposed to staying out east, but Post is going to be a steal for whoever gets him.

4* TE Reed Briggs
Tyler, TX
Top 3 Teams
1) Clemson
2) Penn State
3) Georgia

It's interesting to see the lack of Texas teams on Briggs' list. You would think one of the school in Texas would want to land this guy, but nope. Again, it's early, but it's looking like one of these powerhouses could be landing themselves a shiny new TE.

4* CB Cole Campbell
Indianapolis, IN
Top 3 Teams
1) Notre Dame
2) Purdue
3) Indiana

It's clear that Campbell wants to stay close to home. Notre Dame would put him in the best position to win, but he might be able to start from day one at Purdue or Indiana. Depending on what Campbell wants, he could very well be a 4 year starter at one of these schools.

4* WR Antoine Starks
East Hartford, CT
Top 3 Teams
1) Penn State
2) Pittsburgh
3) Navy

Starks is an electrifying receiver, and these teams know it. My one question is, "Why Navy?" A guy with this talent surely wouldn't want to play WR in a triple option offense. Hey, I'm not one to judge, but I think Starks would better off staying away from Navy.

3* DT Merlin Fink
Creekside, KY
Top 3 Teams
1) Western Kentucky
2) Louisville
3) Cincinnati

Last but certainly not least, we have the 5'9 391lb DT. Fink clearly wants to stay close to home. IF he wants to play right away, Western Kentucky might be his best option. However, Louisville and Cincinnati are in much better positions for the future. We'll see what Fink winds up doing.

Should be interesting to see where all these guys end up landing. Some interesting things. Also what is Oregon doing recruiting in Massachusetts? Only time will tell where these guys will end up.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Last edited by Burns2211; 12-08-2017 at 07:10 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-08-2017, 04:53 PM   #12
Pro

Burns2211's Arena

Season 1 Week 5 Recruiting Update

4* QB Cody Frank
Rugby, ND
Top 3 Teams
1) Northwestern*
2) Kansas State*
3) Utah State

4* TE Jackson Neal
San Jose, CA
Top 3 Teams
1) Nebraska*
2) Auburn
3) USC

3* QB Mason Post
Fall River, MA
Top 3 Teams
1) Oregon*
2) Oklahoma State
3) Ohio State

4* TE Reed Briggs
Tyler, TX
Top 3 Teams
1) Clemson*
2) Louisiana Tech*
3) Texas A&M

4* CB Cole Campbell
Indianapolis, IN
Top 3 Teams
1) Purdue*
2) Indiana*
3) Illinois*

4* WR Antoine Starks
East Hartford, CT
Top 4 Teams
1) Penn State*
2) Pittsburgh
3) Navy
4) Army*

3* DT Merlin Fink
Creekside, KY
Top 4 Teams
1) Louisville*
2) Western Kentucky*
3) Cincinnati*
4) Ohio*

* = Scholarship Offer
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Old 12-08-2017, 07:34 PM   #13
Pro

Burns2211's Arena

Season 1 Week 10 Recruiting Update

4* QB Cody Frank
Rugby, ND
Top 2 Teams
1) Northwestern*
2) Kansas State*

Cody Frank tells me that he's narrowed his list of teams to just two. And honestly, it's going to come down to the wire. Either way, Frank is going to be wearing purple come next season.

4* TE Jackson Neal
San Jose, CA
Top 2 Teams
1) Nebraska*
2) Auburn*

4* TE Jackson Neal tells me that despite his wishes to play close to home, it might not be in the cards. The 6'5 TE holds two scholarship offers at this point, from Nebraska and Auburn, and it's looking like the decision is going to be extremely hard for him to make. One of these teams is going to be getting a very talented kid at TE that could really help them improve on the offensive side of the ball.

QB Mason Post is has made his decision. "It really wasn't even close," he said. The 3* recruit out of Fall River, MA is going to have to travel quite a ways, as he joins the Oregon Ducks in Eugene! Is Post going to be able to bring Oregon back to what they were under Chip Kelly?

4* TE Reed Briggs from Tyler, TX is yet another talented recruit from Texas that won't be staying in state, as the 6'4 athletic freak will be joining the defending champion Clemson Tigers. "I'm honestly just really excited with what Clemson has to offer. I think I have a great shot to play, and also have a very successful career here."

4* CB Cole Campbell
Indianapolis, IN
Top 3 Teams
1) Indiana*
2) Purdue*
3) Illinois*

Here is yet another recruit that is going to be on watch until signing day. Campbell seems to be struggling to decide between Indiana and Purdue. However, don't count out the Fighting Illini just yet, as Campbell has yet to eliminate them from his list. Definitely interesting to see a recruit of this kid's caliber to consider these schools that have had very little recent success.

WR Antoine Starks out of East Hartford, CT told me his decision was extremely tough. He held 3 scholarship offers (Penn State, Army, Pittsburgh). "Army made a really huge push. If I had to go another direction, I could be enrolling at West Point." However, Starks is going to be joining the Penn State Nittany Lions this next season, as he looks to help them continue to rise as a program under James Franklin.

3* DT Merlin Fink
Creekside, KY
Top 4 Teams
1) Louisville*
2) Western Kentucky*
3) Ohio*
4) Cincinnati*

It's looking as if there are still 4 teams with a legit shot to land 3* DT Merlin Fink. Louisville seems to be the favorite here, but don't be surprised to see him signing a LOI to one of these other 3 schools.

* = Scholarship Offer
Old 12-08-2017, 08:37 PM   #14
Rookie

DatGuy12x2's Arena

OVR: 0

Spoiler

It'll be cool to see Cole Campbell and Antoine Starks match up in future B1G games. Nice to see Starks head to PSU though, glad he didn't go to the military.

Edit: Just looked at Cole vs Antoine, if they matchup a couple times over their careers it should make for interesting battles, even if Cole ends up on a bad B1G team. Both are speed guys, both wear #5, they are both around the same height. That'll be a great storyline if it works out

Last edited by DatGuy12x2; 12-08-2017 at 09:20 PM.
Old 12-08-2017, 10:55 PM   #15
Pro

Burns2211's Arena

Season 1 Week 15 Recruiting Update

4* QB Cody Frank
Rugby, ND
Top 2 Teams
1) Northwestern*
2) Kansas State*

Not much movement here for Cody Frank. My sources are telling me he is starting to lean towards Northwestern, however.

4* TE Jackson Neal
San Jose, CA
Top 2 Teams
1) Auburn*
2) Nebraska*

Jackson Neal has changed his mind, and is now telling me that Auburn is the frontrunner at this point. However, if I'm being honest, the Cornhuskers still have a really good shot to land this kid. Wherever he goes, that team is going to be getting a very talented player.

4* CB Cole Campbell

Indianapolis, IN
Top 2 Teams
1) Purdue*
2) Illinois*

Cole Campbell has told me that his list is coming down to just two teams, the Purdue Boilermakers and the Illinois Fighting Illini. Will be interesting to see which path he chooses. Either way, this kid is going to be in the Big 10.

3* DT Merlin Fink
Creekside, KY
Top 2 Teams
1) Louisville*
2) Western Kentucky*

Merlin Fink tells me that his decision will come down to either Louisville or Western Kentucky. If I'm being honest, we all know how this is going to end. Fink is going to be a Cardinal when it's all said and done.

* = Scholarship Offer
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-08-2017, 11:15 PM   #16
Pro

Burns2211's Arena

Season 1 Signing Day Update

Hold on to your seats everyone. It's signing day, the Oklahoma Sooners are your new national champs, and we're about to really start to learn how these recruits will turn out. Without further ado, here we go.

4* QB Cody Frank from Rugby, ND has made his decision. He will be wearing purple this fall, that's no surprise. However, after 4* QB Justin Coleman signed with Northwestern, it made his decision pretty easy. Cody Frank is going to be playing for Coach Synder this fall, as he has officially signed his LOI to play for the Kansas State Wildcats!

4* TE Jackson Neal from San Jose, CA sadly couldn't play D1 college football close to home, so he settled for the next best thing: a full ride scholarship to play football for an SEC School. That's right, Neal will be playing for the Auburn Tigers this upcoming season!

4* CB Cole Campbell from Indianapolis, IN probably didn't get the offers he wanted. Notre Dame was at the top of his list to start the season, but that didn't materialize. Instead, Campbell is going to be taking his talents to the Big 10, where he'll play for the Purdue Boilermakers!

3* DT Merlin Fink from Creekside, KY is last, but certainly not least. The 5'9 391 pound DT is a unique player. That being said, he's also a very talented player. The Louisville Cardinals obviously agree with this sentiment, as Fink will be enrolling there in the fall!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »