Home

Offensive schemes and tactics

This is a discussion on Offensive schemes and tactics within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-02-2018, 11:11 AM   #81
MVP

SilverBullet19's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Offensive schemes and tactics

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toastandtoaster
I'm curious if there are any option style offensive playbooks, that are in a pro set? Like I-form/splitbacks? Never been a fan of -bone playbooks in NCAA 14 and was wondering if there were any I suppose pro style veer option playbooks.

Pistol seems to have a lot of option plays. So do ace formations. You may be best creating your own, I haven’t explored a lot of teams playbooks to know if anyone runs a good one. You surely can put together a strong option offense without resorting to wishbone though. There’s many teams like auburn working the spread option too

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports

Major Boise State fan
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-02-2018, 04:43 PM   #82
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toastandtoaster
I'm curious if there are any option style offensive playbooks, that are in a pro set? Like I-form/splitbacks? Never been a fan of -bone playbooks in NCAA 14 and was wondering if there were any I suppose pro style veer option playbooks.
Air Force is mostly flexbone but they also incorporate I form.

Army is mostly wingbone but has the split back veer, I believe.

Making your own is the move. All the I formations have triple options and power options and speed options. Ace has power options and speed options. And some of the Ace formations have end arounds. Not true triple option, but you could hypothetically do some series stuff to simulate a similar system.
Old 02-03-2018, 07:11 PM   #83
Pro

Hey guys. I want you all to know if there is a play like this or using hot routes if I can create it.

You know that play where:
Your team is lined up in the middle of the field or one side. Doesn't matter.
You have all the players go to the right at the snap. The QB, the line, the HB, all that.
But you have one player over to the left that you pass to.
He gets some good yardage.

Any takers?
Old 02-04-2018, 08:02 AM   #84
MVP

If ran verts out of trio unbalanced from the shotgun, then motioned your running back to the left side of the field and hot routed him to a slant going right, that might do it. Because the verticals play out of that formation has a left ward curve that could create that clear-out effect.
Old 02-05-2018, 04:27 AM   #85
Rookie

DatGuy12x2's Arena

Inspired by the superbowl a bit, but does anyone know of any plays that involve passing to the QB? I have an ATH the CPU recruited before I took the job that I moved to QB but also has pretty good receiving attributes and I would love to pull out the occasional trick play.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-05-2018, 10:23 AM   #86
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by DatGuy12x2
Inspired by the superbowl a bit, but does anyone know of any plays that involve passing to the QB? I have an ATH the CPU recruited before I took the job that I moved to QB but also has pretty good receiving attributes and I would love to pull out the occasional trick play.
Can't think of any at the moment. Maybe there could be some plays like that in one of the Wildcat formations, although I can't recall I've ever seen it something like that on NCAA14.

TCU and Boise State are/were notorious for running some of those trick plays. Maybe you can find one of them in their PB?
Old 02-05-2018, 02:27 PM   #87
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by DatGuy12x2
I don't think there are any with a double pass, but there are a few wildcat plays you can pass to the QB. If you formation sub your backup QB for the HB you can hot route, which is helpful because there's only like one play where the QB runs a useful route.
Old 02-05-2018, 02:38 PM   #88
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by burnum
Can't think of any at the moment. Maybe there could be some plays like that in one of the Wildcat formations, although I can't recall I've ever seen it something like that on NCAA14.

TCU and Boise State are/were notorious for running some of those trick plays. Maybe you can find one of them in their PB?
Yeah, like yourself, I don't think I've seen this in '14. There definitely used to be a play in older versions of the game; I want to say it was in some type of I-Form, maybe some type of Ace. I'm pretty sure it was I-Form - started out like a regular HB Toss, then the QB would keep rolling to the opposite side. I'll look around on '14 just to see.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »