Home

Best Player ever recruited

This is a discussion on Best Player ever recruited within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-25-2004, 01:29 PM   #9
ehh
Hall Of Fame

ehh's Arena

OVR: 44
Re: Best Player ever recruited

On a side note, the best player I've ever seen recruited was by my roomate freshman year in college, NCAA '02. My roomate got this beast of an RB named Michael Gill at Georgia Tech in our first ever recruiting on the next-gen systems in NCAA. He was 6'4" 230 lbs with 98 for speed! He was a bruiser too, and broke every tackle. My roomate ran for 4,000 yards with him in his FRESHMAN year alone. He amassed over 13,000 yards before bolting for the NFL after his junior year. It was just stupid, no one could tackle him. He was a 99 by his soph. year. PS, this was before we discovered what sliders were. Nonetheless, the guy was a friggen beast.

"Beware of geeks bearing formulas." - Warren Buffet
Old 08-25-2004, 01:47 PM   #10
Pro

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by yo136
He didn't leave early for the NFL?
Nope, stayed all 4 years. I was shocked that he decided to come back. I thought for sure after the year he had as junior he would leave for the draft.
Old 08-25-2004, 04:24 PM   #11
Rookie

OVR: 3

this year i had an olb who was 6'3 225 with 90 speed. he was incredible on the field just flying around, there was no one he couldn't catch. last year i had a david boston type receiver, dude was 6'4 240 with like mid 90s speed. i am still looking for a vick type qb because i like running the option.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-25-2004, 10:08 PM   #12
Rookie

OVR: 1

In one of my sim dynastys with my crap Indepedent created school, I recruited a 2-star QB named Jake Sparks. He started out at a modest 70 OVR, but he turned into a beast. At the beginning of his redshirt freshman year, I got invited to the Mountain West. He was instilled as the starter and led my team to an 11-1 (7-0) record. Unfortunately he broke his collarbone in the second to last game of the regular season and was unable to play in the Rose Bowl, where we got shellacked by Penn State. He was the next Michael Vick. He was routinely throwing for 3 TD's and rushing for 2 more every game. I talked him out of leaving early after both his sophomore and junior year. His senior year was when it all came together. He had progressed to a 94 OVR. He led my team to a perfect 12-0 regular season record, we finished #2 in both polls, but #1 in the BCS and played LSU in the Sugar Bowl. He produced 7 TD's (4 Passing, 3 Rushing) in a 4OT 65-62 win over LSU for the NC. He went on to win the Heisman and Maxwell (I think that's what it is, I think it's the Offensive player of the year award) Trophies easily. What makes it so great was that he was such an untouted recruit to begin with, and he became an absolute monster.
Old 08-31-2004, 11:38 AM   #13
Rookie

OVR: 1

I recruited a Blue chip athlete before my 4th season and I switched his position to DE and he turned out to be 96 as a freshman with a 68 awareness. I'm just getting this season started today so I have no idea how good he will actually be, but I'm pretty excited.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »