Home

Coaching Carousel

This is a discussion on Coaching Carousel within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-13-2019, 04:46 PM   #1
MVP

young22's Arena

OVR: 0
Coaching Carousel

Can we just appreciate how dope it is? Urban Meyer just became Vanderbilt's HC in 2022 after a 7-6 year with Ohio State got him canned. Little stuff like that man... NCAA 14 is great. What interesting stuff have you guys seen in the coaching carousel?

Sent from my SM-A520W using Operation Sports mobile app
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-13-2019, 04:59 PM   #2
Pro

Re: Coaching Carousel

Been playing '12 again recently, but saw something really cool in the last '14 dynasty that I played. It was actually a lack of participation in the carousel that made this unique and interesting. David Shaw had a 33 year run at Stanford with multiple conference and national titles. I don't think that I had ever seen that kind of run from a CPU coach before.
Old 07-13-2019, 05:56 PM   #3
Rookie

The Red Scourge's Arena

In an online dynasty I nearly crapped my pants when Jerry Sandusky took the HC job at Penn State. Of course he’s not in the game, but a past user had created him. For a minute I thought he’d been in the game though.
Old 07-13-2019, 06:07 PM   #4
MVP

young22's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Red Scourge
In an online dynasty I nearly crapped my pants when Jerry Sandusky took the HC job at Penn State. Of course he’s not in the game, but a past user had created him. For a minute I thought he’d been in the game though.

Old 07-13-2019, 06:08 PM   #5
MVP

young22's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuscaloosa
Been playing '12 again recently, but saw something really cool in the last '14 dynasty that I played. It was actually a lack of participation in the carousel that made this unique and interesting. David Shaw had a 33 year run at Stanford with multiple conference and national titles. I don't think that I had ever seen that kind of run from a CPU coach before.
I've never been 33 years deep, wow. What a run.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-14-2019, 02:02 PM   #6
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

OVR: 41

If only we had another year or two where they could have expanded on the feature. It's really cool to have, but I hate the fact that you can't hire/fire your own coordinators and that the coach's schemes don't matter to the schools. Bama isn't going to hire a triple option OC.

― Plato
Old 07-18-2019, 11:33 AM   #7
MVP

Son of Sam99's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by young22
Can we just appreciate how dope it is? Urban Meyer just became Vanderbilt's HC in 2022 after a 7-6 year with Ohio State got him canned. Little stuff like that man... NCAA 14 is great. What interesting stuff have you guys seen in the coaching carousel?

In year 2026 of my dynasty Urban Meyer was hired to be HC of Florida after maybe 2-3 years as my (Arkansas) DC. That's just perfect!

EDIT: except for the fact that I never would have hired that jerk
Old 07-22-2019, 12:23 PM   #8
Rookie

As coaches retire this game has to create new ones to fill the void. Does anyone know if the names are random or do they use prior player names?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »