Home

NFLPA Exploring Partnership With National College Players Association

This is a discussion on NFLPA Exploring Partnership With National College Players Association within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-03-2019, 09:39 AM   #9
Pro

esayem's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: NFLPA Exploring Partnership With National College Players Association

Well I hope EA starts/continues making the game now so it’s not horrible like the first versions on PS3.

With the news this is coming, why not get the teams and conferences on board and use generic players? Or are they literally going to wait until 2023?
Old 11-03-2019, 10:20 AM   #10
Hall Of Fame

Caulfield's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by esayem
Well I hope EA starts/continues making the game now so it’s not horrible like the first versions on PS3.

With the news this is coming, why not get the teams and conferences on board and use generic players? Or are they literally going to wait until 2023?
I dont know that there is any news that it is coming. but the speculation it is, is almost unanimous and a foregone conclusion

A Work in Progress
Old 11-03-2019, 02:17 PM   #11
Rookie

ndfan1993's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caulfield
if the NCPA is a nonprofit, how are they going to cut a deal to make its members money?
Exactly - I think people want this so bad that they have blinders on to the real problems that this poses.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-03-2019, 03:23 PM   #12
Hall Of Fame

Caulfield's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ndfan1993
Exactly - I think people want this so bad that they have blinders on to the real problems that this poses.
I want a return of college football and basketball video games very badly too, I just need to see some evidence that it would be possible. right now, there are more questions than there were last week if its even possible. the first thing is, there is no one ''official'' association. apparently anyone can start one up and NCAA student-athletes dont even get to vote it in. So if this particular association signed a deal with EA, EA could still very much be at risk of lawsuits from among the literally hundreds of thousands of NCAA student-athletes that haven't joined this particular UCLA union. still, if we can put a man on the moon, EA can figure out how not to be sued. cant they?

A Work in Progress
Old 11-03-2019, 04:37 PM   #13
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

OVR: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caulfield
I want a return of college football and basketball video games very badly too, I just need to see some evidence that it would be possible. right now, there are more questions than there were last week if its even possible. the first thing is, there is no one ''official'' association. apparently anyone can start one up and NCAA student-athletes dont even get to vote it in. So if this particular association signed a deal with EA, EA could still very much be at risk of lawsuits from among the literally hundreds of thousands of NCAA student-athletes that haven't joined this particular UCLA union. still, if we can put a man on the moon, EA can figure out how not to be sued. cant they?
It's pretty easy for them to figure out how to not get sued. Either get the likeness of the players you are recreating or make them generic. They failed to do both of those things and that is why they got sued. EA is more than likely going to want to get the likenesses of players, so we'll see how they attack that. Considering they already had a plan in place to do that before the series was halted I would say they probably already have an idea about how they want to go forward with it once they are actually allowed to per NCAA rules.

― Plato
Old 11-04-2019, 08:22 PM   #14
Rookie

ndfan1993's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by canes21
It's pretty easy for them to figure out how to not get sued. Either get the likeness of the players you are recreating or make them generic. They failed to do both of those things and that is why they got sued. EA is more than likely going to want to get the likenesses of players, so we'll see how they attack that. Considering they already had a plan in place to do that before the series was halted I would say they probably already have an idea about how they want to go forward with it once they are actually allowed to per NCAA rules.
They would HAVE to get the likenesses. We are the minority of gamers that EA is courting...hell even here look at the people that scream for backward capability because they sell the games and no longer own them. Most people that bought NCAA played it for a couple months and then traded it for Madden...so they only care about the rosters.
Old 11-04-2019, 08:51 PM   #15
Hall Of Fame

Caulfield's Arena

EA will have to get the rights to likeness whether they want it or not. the problem will be in acquiring the rights to said likeness. they can cut a deal with this particular NCPA but it doesn't have the sole bargaining power to speak for NCAA student-athletes, like unions in the NFL, NBA, MLB or other non-sports related unions do for their members.

A Work in Progress

Last edited by Caulfield; 11-04-2019 at 10:10 PM. Reason: whether
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-05-2019, 01:05 PM   #16
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

OVR: 41

I think you all are missing the fact that EA already wanted to get the likeness to the players before and had a plan setup to do so. The NC two A kept them from doing that, but it's not like EA would be going into this blind with no idea of how they want to approach getting the likenesses.

They were 100% all in for getting the likenesses in the past. I'd assume they would be when the series returned also, plus they'd have Ultimate Team to bring in even more cash to help pay for the likenesses. If they already wanted to get the likenesses and thought it was worth getting in the past, it's probably still viable now with the idea that ultinate team will be proving them with a lot more money.

― Plato

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »