Home

OS Roundtable: How Excited Are You That NCAA Games Are Potentially Returning?

This is a discussion on OS Roundtable: How Excited Are You That NCAA Games Are Potentially Returning? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-26-2019, 06:41 AM   #65
Rookie

The Black Redneck's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: OS Roundtable: How Excited Are You That NCAA Games Are Potentially Returning?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattjames2010
....so the draw here is the graphics? No wonder EA can continue to pump out crap and people eat it up.

"Yeah, the game will probably be crap, but at least it has updated graphics!"
You realize you are bad mouthing a game that may not even be made? And if a new college football game is made who to say EA will even want to do it or that EA will be the only ones to do it?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-27-2019, 12:46 PM   #66
Rookie

Re: OS Roundtable: How Excited Are You That NCAA Games Are Potentially Returning?

I would very much like to see a new NCAA Football game. However, my fear is that if EA makes the game, they will mess up a new college game the way they did Madden. Madden used to be a lot better game. Now that they have gone to roster updates each year and wanting people to buy into ultimate team, who needs Madden.

From what I've read, and from playing NCAA online a few years back, people would try to quit or try to get you to quit if they started losing. From some comments I've read, EA never addressed that. I also am not buying a game for 60 or 100 bucks and putting another 200 or so into that game. When you pay that much, those games should be complete.

I do have some hope that maybe in a couple of years maximum football will be decent. But that game was an enormous disappointment for me. I actually went and bought a used PS3. And have been playing NCAA 13. Paid 4 bucks for NCAA 13. Even ordered a backup copy in case prices go up like for 14, and in case something happens to my disc. Also even have NCAA basketball 08 and 09 comes in today.

Hopefully in a year or 2 maximum will be better. But if not, I guess the PS3 will have to do.
Old 12-02-2019, 03:39 PM   #67
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by nofx94
They tend to try with their neutral site openers. USC in 2016 and 2020; FSU in 2017. Those games are scheduled in advance. There's only so much they can do about it...

If we're doing wishlist stuff, I'd like 100 player rosters and realistic sim stats/gameplay for the option offenses in the sense of fullbacks getting more distribution.

Though I don't actually think we'll have the game back soon...

Useful checklist:
https://www.bannersociety.com/2019/1...eo-game-return
Never too early for a wishlist!!

-100 player roster would be great, at least 85
-Get rid of TeamBuilder, put more into dynasty mode (recruiting, asst coaches, future scheduling)
-Uniform combinations (as many as possible)
-Varying offseason improvements based on potential and work ethic or disciplie rating, not the standard +5
-X factors like madden (or something similar)
-Have coaching matter more in-game
-Gameplay update--obviously
Old 12-16-2019, 09:30 AM   #68
Rookie

premier's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by AKEjcl41
Never too early for a wishlist!!

-100 player roster would be great, at least 85
-Get rid of TeamBuilder, put more into dynasty mode (recruiting, asst coaches, future scheduling)
-Uniform combinations (as many as possible)
-Varying offseason improvements based on potential and work ethic or disciplie rating, not the standard +5
-X factors like madden (or something similar)
-Have coaching matter more in-game
-Gameplay update--obviously
Why get rid of teambuilder?
Old 12-16-2019, 09:35 AM   #69
Coach Porter Davis

djp73's Arena

OVR: 7

excited for them to come back for sure, scared they'll ruin what they had with ncaa14
Old 12-16-2019, 10:53 AM   #70
Hall Of Fame

illwill10's Arena

OVR: 31

Things got real quiet after the initial NCAA announcement, but I expected that. Until we start hearing how/if NCAA will approach compensation and start hearing about EA and NCAA in talks, its best to keep our excitement in check. EA has shown that they want to get back in the NCAA boat. But the ball is the NCAA hands. One thing that could help the cause is if they allow NCAA 14 to be BC next generation. If they allow former NCAA games to be BC on next generation, then that would show that NCAA and EA are wlling to allow the return of NCAA games.
Old 12-16-2019, 11:13 AM   #71
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by premier
Why get rid of teambuilder?
Just my opinion. I would rather see better depth for dynasty mode for the real teams. Maybe that means add FCS teams and get uniforms correct or make them able to be edited if we want, that way TeamBuilder teams aren't really needed. Like i said, just my opinion.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-16-2019, 05:48 PM   #72
Hall Of Fame

Caulfield's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by illwill10
Things got real quiet after the initial NCAA announcement, but I expected that. Until we start hearing how/if NCAA will approach compensation and start hearing about EA and NCAA in talks, its best to keep our excitement in check. EA has shown that they want to get back in the NCAA boat. But the ball is the NCAA hands. One thing that could help the cause is if they allow NCAA 14 to be BC next generation. If they allow former NCAA games to be BC on next generation, then that would show that NCAA and EA are wlling to allow the return of NCAA games.
I think they'll have quite an easy time making a deal with the NCAA. the problem is there is no one single union that has sole rights to bargain for all student-athletes. the one out of UCLA may be the biggest and most powerful, but it still doesn't legally represent all players. just anyone who chooses to join. and EA wont risk another lawsuit until they have someone to deal with that officially represents and can speak and bargain for all athletes, not just the ones who join. and I dont see any entity being able to attain that authority. so right now for all intents and purposes an NCAAF/B game is still closer to pipe-dream than reality.

A Work in Progress

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »