Home

Any new conference realignment ideas?

This is a discussion on Any new conference realignment ideas? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-22-2019, 05:21 PM   #25
MVP

OVR: 0
Re: Any new conference realignment ideas?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 15ccall
Go By Alphabetical Order and give every conference access to a BCS Bowl.

10 Conferences, 126 Teams= 12 Teams in each of the conferences and 6 Independents. Just pick 6 teams to be independent. I usually do the 3 Service Academies, NMSU, Idaho, and Umass.
Lol this might be the most interesting thing I've seen.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-25-2019, 09:26 AM   #26
Rookie

MansterSasquach's Arena

I posted a long response with my conferences ~4.5 days ago and its not up. In my profile it says its posted but it isn't. Whats going down?
Old 11-25-2019, 12:47 PM   #27
Rookie

15ccall's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by nofx94
Lol this might be the most interesting thing I've seen.
You should give it a try, it makes for a fun and very different dynasty.It does a decent job of spreading out power teams too. Most every conference has a few great-elite teams.
Old 11-25-2019, 01:10 PM   #28
Pro

do an ACC north and ACC south. ACC north is like an old big east and acc south is regular ACC teams.

ACC
NORTH

Cincinnati
Louisville
Pittsburgh
Syracuse
Virginia
Virginia Tech
West Virginia
Boston College

SOUTH
Clemson
Florida State
Miami
NC State
North Carolina
Wake Forest
Duke
Georgia Tech
Old 12-07-2019, 10:06 PM   #29
Rookie

I've been running a relegation-style league for a little while now. I've seen a few people with the same idea, but I have a different setup.

Initial Set:
-All Divisions get 12 teams, except for two (more on that later)
-Only 1 Independent team--#1
-Top division is #s 2-13, next one down is #14-25
-The rest of the divisions are set up by overall
-Top division conference champs get automatic bowl bids, all set to any bowl (fill out however many slots there are)
-Top 2 and bottom 2 in each conference get relegated in the off-season, based off winning % (conference record as tiebreaker)
-Teams only move up or down one league, regardless of if they're ranked--I couldn't figure out a way to maintain the top two divisions as all ranked schools without things going absolutely screwy everywhere else.

As an example, here's my current layout starting afresh (I just set the conferences from best to worst in alphabetical order)
Independent - Alabama (#1)
ACC - pre-season ranked #s 2-13 (I split the divisions into odds and evens just to be interesting)

American - pre-season ranked #s 14-25 (same split as ACC)
Big 12 - USC, Washington, VT, Miami, Mich. St., Iowa, Auburn, Miss. St., North Carolina, Ole Miss, Arkansas, Baylor
Big Ten - AZ St., Tennessee, Arizona, BC, Utah, GT, Wisconsin, Texas Tech, Missouri, UVA, UMD, Northwestern
C-USA - San Diego St., California, ECU, NC State, Penn St., WVU, Houston, Purdue, UCF, USF, Kentucky, Rutgers
MAC - Temple, Iowa St., Fresno St., Illinois, Syracuse, Kansas, Indiana, Cincinnati, SMU Wake Forest, BYU, UConn
MWC - Wash. St., Ohio, Minnesota, Duke, FIU, Buffalo, Colorado, Ark. St., Ball St., Toledo, San Jose St., Tulsa
Pac-12 - Pitt, UL Lafayette, Utah St., UTEP, FAU, Tulane, Rice, Wyoming, UL Monroe, Nevada, Troy, Hawaii
SEC - Army, Kent St., Colorado St., N. Texas, W. Kentucky, S. Miss, UNLV, Miami OH, Marshall, Bowling Green, Navy, Mid Tenn St., C. Mich, LA Tech,
Sun Belt - UMass, UAB, W. Mich, New Mexico, S. Alabama, UTSA, Georgia St, Texas St, Air Force, Old Dominion, Akron, Idaho, Memphis, NM St., E. Mich

I put 14 in the 2nd to last because I wanted to try and keep an even split everywhere except the bottom group (which I have labeled as the "trash" division), and I wanted to maintain that the Nat'l Champ gets to be independent. it's led to some strange matchups, definitely some weirdness in the top 25 polls (3-3 Oklahoma being ranked 9 after 8 weeks), and almost always some interesting scorelines.

Hope that you guys try it--its been a lot of fun so far!
Old 12-08-2019, 02:16 AM   #30
MVP

Okay, here's a few breakdowns. I tend to leaving protected rivals off. The only one's I care about in real life are UF-LSU and UGA-Aub. And then the California schools in the Pac-12. Anyway, with nine conference games and six teams per division, you'll still play your most important inter-divisional rival pretty frequently with six teams rotating for three spots and you'll play the other teams more frequently than you would otherwise.

My geographical set-up:
Spoiler

Made some changes to the above set-up, gonna actually run with this for my dynasty:
Spoiler

The idea I'm working on for my 2019 roster dynasty. It's basically what actually exists with slight modifications:

Spoiler

Last edited by nofx94; 12-13-2019 at 09:12 PM.
Old 12-09-2019, 09:03 PM   #31
MVP

Son of Sam99's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Von Dozier
FYI, there is also this topic

https://forums.operationsports.com/f...nce-setup.html

I've used the one in the OP there before, just replacing UAB with The Citadel and Idaho with North Dakota State. Have had some fun dynasties with it.
I've just started a dynasty with this set up and am wondering if it could work with tier 1 having 11 team conferences?? I like the idea of not having conference championship games at the highest level.

THANKS!!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-10-2019, 12:26 PM   #32
MVP

RandallB21's Arena

OVR: 8

Here's my realignment plans:
ACC --> SEC: Florida State, Miami, Clemson, Louisville
Battle for the Sunshine State really heats up. Louisville and Kentucky get their in conference rivalry as does Clemson and South Carolina

SEC --> BIG12: Texas A&M, Missouri
American --> BIG12: Houston

Texas powers all in one conference. Missouri tags along to border war with Kansas and K State

American --> ACC: UConn, UCF, USF
Independent -->ACC: UMass

Filling the void left by the mass exit UConn and UMass create a nice rivalry with BC. USF and UCF bring a new Sunshine State rivalry to the ACC

MW --> PAC12: Boise State
Boise finally steps up to the power 5

Independent --> PAC12: BYU
BYU v Utah now means more

American -->BIG12: Cincinnati
Slides up into the power 5. Debated putting them in the B1G with Ohio State. Thought they fit a little better here for now.

B1G --> BIG12: Nebraska
BIG12 --> B1G: Iowa State

Swap gives Iowa State their rivalry with Iowa. Nebraska moves back to the BIG12 hoping to rekindle past glory.

MW --> American: Air Force
Brings the Military schools into the American conference. Fitting.

CUSA --> American: UAB
To balance out the American Conference

SunBelt --> MW: Idaho, New Mexico State
Get them into a more geographically logical situation.
Attached Images
File Type: png NCAA14.PNG (59.5 KB, 171 views)
Madden 20 (PC)
NBA 2K21 (PS4)
PGA 2K21 (PS4)
MLB 20: The Show (PS4)
Street Fighter V (PS4/PC)
Super Mega Baseball 3 (PC)
Fire Pro Wrestling World (PC)

BS: San Jose State 01'
MA: Michigan State 11'

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »