Home

Can anyone help with the damn "error this is not a DB or MC02 file" message for ps3?

This is a discussion on Can anyone help with the damn "error this is not a DB or MC02 file" message for ps3? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-15-2020, 12:08 PM   #57
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Can anyone help with the damn "error this is not a DB or MC02 file" message for p

Superxzero, you said you had to do some “voodoo” to make it work. Would that voodoo have something to do with having to make the USR DATA, Hed Data and Param.sfo (and one other I forgot what it’s called) files show up at the bottom left? Or did they show up instantly?

With me , they didn’t show up at first and I had to click All Files then Refresh. That might be the problem with my copy of Bruteforce

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 01-15-2020, 12:18 PM   #58
Rookie

Re: Can anyone help with the damn "error this is not a DB or MC02 file" message for p

If anyone knows a good site with a good version of Bruteforce that works can you post the link ? I’ll keep searching myself also and if I find one I’ll let y’all know

Old 01-15-2020, 03:53 PM   #59
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by GSEagles001
If anyone knows a good site with a good version of Bruteforce that works can you post the link ? I’ll keep searching myself also and if I find one I’ll let y’all know

This seems like a good link for 4.7.4: https://www.sendspace.com/file/l1zu5m

I started the install, then stopped it when it appeared to be normal/legit.
Old 01-15-2020, 05:39 PM   #60
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuscaloosa
This seems like a good link for 4.7.4: https://www.sendspace.com/file/l1zu5m

I started the install, then stopped it when it appeared to be normal/legit.
Thanks. Cool. why did you stop it? is there something wrong with it?
Old 01-15-2020, 06:03 PM   #61
Rookie

Tuscaloosa Thank you very much and everyone else. This version of Bruteforce automatically loads the files and I can open PS3 files and edit now. Now that the season is over, I have a lot of catching up to do.

Again thanks a bunch and I'm sorry if I was a pest. If anyone needs my help with something feel free to ask. I will do my best to help like yall helped me.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-15-2020, 10:28 PM   #62
Pro

superxero27's Arena

OVR: 2

Edit: No problem, man. Glad to help.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GSEagles001
Superxzero, you said you had to do some “voodoo” to make it work. Would that voodoo have something to do with having to make the USR DATA, Hed Data and Param.sfo (and one other I forgot what it’s called) files show up at the bottom left? Or did they show up instantly?

With me , they didn’t show up at first and I had to click All Files then Refresh. That might be the problem with my copy of Bruteforce

USR DATA, Hed data, and Param all showed up at bottom left instantly. Might want to uninstall Bruteforce and start with a new one.

My teams:
NFL - Minnesota Vikings, Arizona Cardinals
NCAAF/B - Arizona Wildcats, Northern Arizona Lumberjacks, North Texas Mean Green

I find it amusing that the OS icon for NAU is 20 years (and three rebrands!) out of date.
Old 01-16-2020, 07:15 AM   #63
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by superxero27
Edit: No problem, man. Glad to help.

USR DATA, Hed data, and Param all showed up at bottom left instantly. Might want to uninstall Bruteforce and start with a new one.

Thanks. I downloaded the one in the link a few posts up and it works. They show up instantly. That was my problem as I suspected.

Haze88, if you are still having problems with this , click on the link on Page 7 (I think) and that is a good copy of Bruteforce.

Old 01-16-2020, 07:17 AM   #64
Rookie

Correction, page 6

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »