Home

'NCAA Football' video game made unlikely by NIL recommendation

This is a discussion on 'NCAA Football' video game made unlikely by NIL recommendation within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-03-2020, 09:52 AM   #17
Just started!

OVR: 0
Re: 'NCAA Football' video game made unlikely by NIL recommendation

Quote:
Originally Posted by JHamilton9
Thinking like a businessman, having to go from $0 to $23 per copy just for the NIL would be a complete non-starter for me. Especially if estimates said I was only going to sell 500,000 copies, which used to go for $49.99 a pop.

I think that would depend on information that only EA has. I don't know what the profit margin was on a game but if EA knows how to do one thing, its make money. Just off the cuff, they could cut production costs, only include players/teams from power 5 conferences (maybe an additional, higher priced release for the others), raise the price to offset the increase. Lots of options there.

Also, the $1,000 maybe too high. Cut it to $500. Hell, offer them $100 and a free game. I still think that vast majority of players would sign up
Old 05-03-2020, 10:11 AM   #18
Rookie

ndfan1993's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by VolFan01
Also, the $1,000 maybe too high. Cut it to $500. Hell, offer them $100 and a free game. I still think that vast majority of players would sign up
It isn't the vast majority of the players you have to be worried about, most players were happy just to be in the game with no compensation....it is the top players that want their share.
Old 05-03-2020, 05:47 PM   #19
MVP

Caveman24's Arena

OVR: 25

I won't overact to the NCAA saying "unworkable" for the group license or the game. On this same website, 1,000 of guys saying the college players wouldn't get their NIL rights and here we are.

I don't see EA having to pay the players being an issue, I'll even say they almost want to do it because of the microtransaction era we're in with gaming. Think about all the players EA missed out on in college, Lamar, Baker etc. They'll probably pimp those MUT packs in NCAA and make the money they have to pay the players and then some from that.

Also, even though NCAA wasn't a "cash cow", I think it can turn into one almost overnight(could be wrong). It's the perfect storm of the 8-10 year wait, actual named rosters which should give a boost in sales, college sports growing from 2013-now and so on. This **** will get done, maybe not this year, maybe not next but I think we're a step closer then further away.
Old 05-06-2020, 12:27 AM   #20
Rookie

natey2k4's Arena

OVR: 1

I don't see this being an issue. I never expected EA to put in full rosters. I expect maybe 30-50 top players from each draft year and then a bunch of random players, who they won't try to make look like anything. I also believe they'll make it fully editable like MLB The Show, so we can make real rosters, but they won't assist us with close models or anything.
Old 05-06-2020, 01:09 AM   #21
Rookie

that1990guy's Arena

A high school football game would be a cool idea and it would sell. I'd buy it. You could scout middle schoolers
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-06-2020, 06:24 AM   #22
Hall Of Fame

illwill10's Arena

OVR: 31

Yeah I don't see it as nail in the coffin. I think NCAA is still fearful of more lawsuits. But even in the the recommendations, they have it where the athletes can't sue NCAA for NIL issues. With 2 senators saying that the recommendations aren't enough, I'm sure there will be revisions.

I wouldn't see EA going over and beyond in NIL anyway. At most only the top 1% would get face scanned. I see them doing what they were already doing just having real names
Old 05-13-2020, 05:23 PM   #23
Rookie

What’s the issue with the NCAA allowing EA to make this game again? I’m talking about no real players. Ohio States QB could be white with a jersey # of 18, 188 pounds, 6’1”. This would not be anything like Justin fields. No player could sue. What are they afraid of?
Old 05-13-2020, 11:05 PM   #24
Get off my lawn

JHamilton9's Arena

The NCAA would eliminate player editing and roster sharing. An indie developer tried to get a NCAA license to go with their football game, and the NCAA wanted more control of the game than the developer was willing to allow.

Plus, I feel more people would want to play as Justin Fields, instead of playing as QB #18.

Last edited by JHamilton9; 05-13-2020 at 11:38 PM. Reason: wrong verbage

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »