Home

rpcs3 Settings for NCAA 14

This is a discussion on rpcs3 Settings for NCAA 14 within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-21-2020, 12:20 AM   #41
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: rpcs3 Settings for NCAA 14

Thanks for the reply. I should have stated I was trying to play NCAA 12. I wonder if anyone here has tried it successfully on RPCS3.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-21-2020, 12:40 AM   #42
Rookie

OVR: 1
Icon7 Re: rpcs3 Settings for NCAA 14

Hmmm not sure if 14 will work with your setup...but it might. I'd give it a try if you can.

On the other hand I bought a copy of NCAA 12 for my 360...been havin fun with it. NCAA 14 is very expensive on ebay/amazon (90+ for a copy!!...some even around 200 bucks).
Old 10-22-2020, 03:32 AM   #43
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by texranger
For what it's worth, I can run NCAA 14 without issues -- as long as I turn the audio off in the emulator.

My laptop specs are:

CPU - i6700k (Only 4 cores though) -- Prolly why audio stutters when it's on.
RAM - 64g
GPU - 1080 GTX

I can run in 1080p and 4k without issue...again as long as audio is OFF. Audio stutters terribly.

Kinda strange I can run 14, but not 12, or 13 (both freeze). I can also run 10 and 11, these with AUDIO on.

Thanks for the idea on turning audio off. I did that, and NCAA 12 loaded fine and played well. Then I started trying different audio configurations to see if I could make the audio work. After changing the config, then changing them back to the original settings, the audio works. Go figure.

It's almost like the game needed to be booted up a few times, and after that it fixed whatever libraries were not loaded right the first time. I don't know if it was even the audio really, but it plays well now.
Old 10-22-2020, 03:41 AM   #44
Rookie

Here is another idea that might help your audio. Near the start of this thread I saw this configurations posted.

It looks like the default configuration now has "Enable SPU loop detection" selected. When you hover over that selection, it tells you it can cause severe audio stuttering.

Quote:
Originally Posted by frankinho
Here are my setting and works very smooth with no freezing so far
You can decrease resolution scale if you find it slow
Attachment 180060
Attachment 180061
Old 11-04-2020, 08:52 PM   #45
Just started!

Trying to play ncaa14 on my laptop but getting ridiculous lagging and can't stay above 25fps during games. I've tried any settings I could find on here and other sites but 30fps is probably the best I've gotten it to and that usually dips constantly to the point I can't play it.

specs are
i5-9300h
16gb ram
geforce gtx 1650

am I just SOL here guys? any input is appreciated
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-05-2020, 01:05 PM   #46
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

OVR: 41

This is one of the more demanding games on the emulator right now, so you are seeing the best you'll see with that get up. It sucks, but this game needs a true gaming PC to run well on the emulator at this point in time. Who knows if performance ever gets better for it, but right now the game needs a very good CPU to run well.

― Plato
Old 11-19-2020, 09:07 AM   #47
MVP

OVR: 6

Just got the game and it plays well when if works unfortunately it keeps freezing during games. Every game it's frozen in the first quarter. Never during a play it's always after a play when the teams start to come to the line. Any ideas ?
Old 11-20-2020, 02:06 PM   #48
MVP

OVR: 6

I've managed to clear the freezing up but now have another problem.

I tried to install the college football revamped programme. Now I get the message -

E GameList: Invalid game path found in C:/Users/Marks/Desktop/rpcs3-v0.0/dev_hdd0/game/BLUS31159-[NCAA Football 14]

Any ideas whats wrong ? I followed the instructions however my game was actually in the hdd0 game folder and not the hd00 disc folder. I copied it over but still get this message and no game at all shows in the emulator

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »