Home

Best NCAA without the HUNH and option reads?

This is a discussion on Best NCAA without the HUNH and option reads? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-16-2020, 03:31 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Best NCAA without the HUNH and option reads?

Been plying NCAA 14 forever and, like the title suggest, I’m sick of the AI using so much HUNH and option reads. Looking for a more classic game of football. If memory serves a lot of this stuff was introduced in 14? So would 13 be better? Can go back farther I also have a PS2.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-16-2020, 03:41 PM   #2
Rookie

OBinKC's Arena

Re: Best NCAA without the HUNH and option reads?

The HUNH offense is in ‘12, just not as much. So I’m guessing it’s in ‘13 as well. But I’ll tell you, for my money, I’d go back to the PS2 generation games. I play ‘06 now and not only is there minimal read option if any and no HUNH (except for those 2-minute drill situations), it’s a classic game of football with many concepts still used today but with more traditional formations. Not to mention the challenge I’ve always wanted that the PS3 generation can never provide no matter what, ratings that actually matter, and never having to touch the sliders, but I’m getting off topic, lol.

Last edited by OBinKC; 09-16-2020 at 03:44 PM.
Old 09-17-2020, 12:16 AM   #3
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by OBinKC
The HUNH offense is in ‘12, just not as much. So I’m guessing it’s in ‘13 as well. But I’ll tell you, for my money, I’d go back to the PS2 generation games. I play ‘06 now and not only is there minimal read option if any and no HUNH (except for those 2-minute drill situations), it’s a classic game of football with many concepts still used today but with more traditional formations. Not to mention the challenge I’ve always wanted that the PS3 generation can never provide no matter what, ratings that actually matter, and never having to touch the sliders, but I’m getting off topic, lol.

Every time I go back to 06, I end up getting overly frustrated at the CPU completing deep balls at will. DB’s don’t have animations to go up and get jump balls. The amount of times I’ve held a QB to like 6-20 passing for 200+ yards is ridiculous lol. 06 and 04 are definitely the most fun tho.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 09-17-2020, 04:40 PM   #4
Rookie

OBinKC's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by xCoachDx
Every time I go back to 06, I end up getting overly frustrated at the CPU completing deep balls at will. DB’s don’t have animations to go up and get jump balls. The amount of times I’ve held a QB to like 6-20 passing for 200+ yards is ridiculous lol. 06 and 04 are definitely the most fun tho.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I learned from our friend Volwalker that quarters coverage and 3 cloud with a good amount of DE pressure can mitigate a lot of the deep balls. But yeah, I guess what I like about it is you can actually get smoked by the deep ball, lol.

Last edited by OBinKC; 09-18-2020 at 08:17 AM.
Old 09-17-2020, 11:18 PM   #5
Rookie

I get absolutely smoked by the AI in 06

I’ve liked 14 for awhile but I think part of it is how sick I am of the stupid pregame music video with generic pop country showing highlights of a game that hasn’t happened yet.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-21-2020, 01:46 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
I learned from our friend Volwalker that quarters coverage and 3 cloud with a good amount of DE pressure can mitigate a lot of the deep balls. But yeah, I guess what I like about it is you can actually get smoked by the deep ball, lol.
I don't get beat a ton by the deep ball in '06 but it happens if my corners aren't very good and I have been torched in 0 coverage. But the computer doesn't cheese it IMO. For example I just played a great game in my Bama dynasty @LSU where they hit two perfectly executed deep balls against cover zero in the first half. Double move routes where receivers were wide open. I mounted a comeback and took a 17 point lead but was keeping two deep safeties back for the rest of the game and then the CPU running game exploded on me. Their impact RB had 7 car./29 yds in the first half and finished with something like 25 carries with over 200 yards as they came back to tie the game in the 4th quarter.

I house rule the clock based on the situation and who I'm playing. Usually I let the CPU play clock get to the countdown (usually 17 or 18 seconds left) but if they are trailing and it's still within 3 scores I pick my defense immediately to simulate an up-tempo CPU offense. One thing I haven't done is update the CPU audibles because you play some teams that make terrible calls from their HUNH offense. That probably makes it more realistic if they are changed.
Old 09-26-2020, 02:21 PM   #7
MVP

Quote:

Coverage isn’t the problem, animations are. Receivers have the ability to go up and get jump balls while running downfield. DB’s do not. Even if you are double covering, if the WR gets a certain animation he can leap over your helpless defenders. You end up having to bump the WR out of the way and hope you don’t get called for interference.
Old 09-27-2020, 02:02 PM   #8
Rookie

OBinKC's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by xCoachDx
Coverage isn’t the problem, animations are. Receivers have the ability to go up and get jump balls while running downfield. DB’s do not. Even if you are double covering, if the WR gets a certain animation he can leap over your helpless defenders. You end up having to bump the WR out of the way and hope you don’t get called for interference.
I agree that there are some deep balls you can’t do anything about. In fact, I’ve actually been burned in the Cover 3 Cloud lately. Cover 4 still has been good for me to keep the CPU from going deep, though.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »