Home

2 advice questions

This is a discussion on 2 advice questions within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-20-2020, 08:41 PM   #1
Rookie

SALonghorn's Arena

OVR: 0
2 advice questions

Erlinger only has 83 accuracy rating (87 THP]. Too many times on long balls I end up throwing short and getting a jump ball interception. The ball should be thrown longer especially when the WR beat the DB. Am I throwing the deep ball wrong or is it the 83 rating? I’ve tried forward stick power throws and lobs.

Is there any purpose of press coverage with the DBs? In previous years, the press coverage was a great way to frustrate a passing game. Stop a quick release and then stick to the WR all the way. But in NCAA 14, it always results in a jam for a second or two, then the DB keeps jamming air while the WR runs free 5 yds down field. Leads to wide open targets. What’s the point then? Should it be used in goal line or short yardage spots?

Sent from my iPad using Operation Sports
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-24-2020, 07:40 PM   #2
Rookie

JimRjr's Arena

Re: 2 advice questions

?????????????????
Old 12-27-2020, 09:20 AM   #3
Rookie

OBinKC's Arena

#1 If you’re playing NCAA ‘14, the deep ball is pretty much dead to rights in this game. Not sure if they couldn’t get the 50/50 ball to work in the early versions of the Infinity engine or if they just decided to eliminate it altogether. And FYI on QB accuracy rating, it doesn’t matter in ‘14 unless you have the slider down to 5.

Your best bet to go deep is with verticals while occupying the safety with another route. Or other plays with similar vertical concepts.

#2 Again, if you’re speaking of ‘14, I don’t press unless I’m bringing insane pressure just for that reason you mentioned. I try to get to the QB before the WR releases. CBs with good press ratings help a little with that as well.

Last edited by OBinKC; 12-27-2020 at 09:25 AM.
Old 12-31-2020, 02:27 AM   #4
Rookie

SALonghorn's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by OBinKC
#1 If you’re playing NCAA ‘14, the deep ball is pretty much dead to rights in this game. Not sure if they couldn’t get the 50/50 ball to work in the early versions of the Infinity engine or if they just decided to eliminate it altogether. And FYI on QB accuracy rating, it doesn’t matter in ‘14 unless you have the slider down to 5.

Your best bet to go deep is with verticals while occupying the safety with another route. Or other plays with similar vertical concepts.

#2 Again, if you’re speaking of ‘14, I don’t press unless I’m bringing insane pressure just for that reason you mentioned. I try to get to the QB before the WR releases. CBs with good press ratings help a little with that as well.
#1 - Thanks for the tips. I played '12 for years and got so used to that engine. So I can appreciate the improvements in '14 but the deep pass was becoming a daring move in this game for me. Only deep passes I have confident in are when they are clearly wide open. I have made a few picture perfect passes over the top but I can't do it consistently.

And the THA does seem to some impact. There have been some passes I;ve thrown to open receivers there were off by a mile and left me ???.

#2 - By the end of my first season, I never jammed the WRs and went with spying the QB or blitzes. Coverage was usually not a problem although the CPU would make me drool on out patterns consistently. The CPU would execute them perfectly and my guys wouldn't get seperation or I would throw pick 6s.

This is using the current OS roster file and sliders
Old 12-31-2020, 02:30 PM   #5
MVP

OVR: 13

#1, 87 is pretty average THP, but it can still do the deep ball fine. Strength rating of the QB matters as well. Also just know that you want a deep ball before you even snap it, and lob the deep ball up sooner, not after you've been standing around in the pocket for 3+ seconds.

#2 If the WR is in any way better than my CB, I never press. Unless I think it's a short pass play and I have LBs in zone over the middle. Pressing is a bit broken in 14. To be specific though, I wouldn't press any WR with more than a 70 in Release, and I wouldn't press with a CB unless he had more than 80+ in Press.

Last edited by Von Dozier; 12-31-2020 at 02:38 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-04-2021, 12:25 PM   #6
Rookie

Limasbravo's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by SALonghorn
#1 - Thanks for the tips. I played '12 for years and got so used to that engine. So I can appreciate the improvements in '14 but the deep pass was becoming a daring move in this game for me. Only deep passes I have confident in are when they are clearly wide open. I have made a few picture perfect passes over the top but I can't do it consistently.
Yeah, deep passes I basically don't throw, unless they're wide open because the safety got pulled in a different direction. INTs seem to be too easy if they're not wide open.

Same with when I pass into the end zone. The CPU seems to pick off just about everything I throw into the end zone. It's almost seems like every end zone pass is either a touchdown or interception, which no incompletions.
Old 01-05-2021, 03:04 AM   #7
Pro

I generally only press when playing cover 2. Sometimes I do with cover 4 or 6, but cover 2 means the corner jams and has help over the top. I also do it in cover 2 man sometimes. I’ve played the game so long that I recognize CPU patterns and kind of what they’re going to run which helps my decision making on when to press and when not to.
Old 01-13-2021, 06:10 PM   #8
Rookie

SALonghorn's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Limasbravo
Yeah, deep passes I basically don't throw, unless they're wide open because the safety got pulled in a different direction. INTs seem to be too easy if they're not wide open.

Same with when I pass into the end zone. The CPU seems to pick off just about everything I throw into the end zone. It's almost seems like every end zone pass is either a touchdown or interception, which no incompletions.

Last night I had a couple of inside WRs running down the hash marks wide open and my throws were practically to the outside WR
I was just WTF?

Both got intercepted
🤬

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »