Home

NCAA "next" - are we the reason why?

This is a discussion on NCAA "next" - are we the reason why? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-03-2021, 02:33 PM   #9
Pro

OVR: 0
Re: NCAA "next" - are we the reason why?

Yeah I want to give props to this community as well. I stumbled upon OS when looking for some information on how to play NBA 2k because I had not played a video basketball game in two decades. I found my way over to the NCAA forum and was amazed at what the community here at OS had done with NCAA 14.

Since then I have learned how to use the editor, implement the playoff, edit rosters, etc. Its been a blast. I poured hours into old NCAA games from 2002 to 2008 and then didn't touch the games for like a decade.

Now they are back in my gaming rotation permanently.

Just a little shout to OS for all their work on this game and how it helped bring the game back.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 02-03-2021, 02:52 PM   #10
Rookie

hawkeyebred2332's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBleedingRed21
You realize as of right now, there will be no roster editing or sharing, right? Lol
Has that been definitively stated? I am legitimately asking as I haven't been to read everything out there yet.

If you're just interpreting "planning to move forward without rosters that include the names, images or likenesses of real college players" as implying no ability to share rosters, not sure I see that conclusion there.
Old 02-03-2021, 03:40 PM   #11
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBleedingRed21
You realize as of right now, there will be no roster editing or sharing, right? Lol

I didn't read that. Where did you? The ability to edit rosters has been in the game for a long time. I remember there were a few places that would sell named rosters on memory cards on the older systems.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-03-2021, 03:50 PM   #12
Keep the Faith

TripleCrown9's Arena

OVR: 28

I don't think there will be roster sharing, but there will be roster editing.

That's how I see it playing out anyways.
Old 02-03-2021, 03:56 PM   #13
Game Dev

TheBleedingRed21's Arena

OVR: 21

Come on guys. I’m not saying it just to say it, why would I want it to be true.. how do you take this any other way? Check the thread for “All info we know” so you can have “all the info we know”. Trust me, I want to edit everything and hope to god we can. But just sharing the knowledge I have about that blurb.

Also as a PC modder of Madden and NCAA, don’t expect this on PC anytime soon. Even it is, heck, we can’t get any tools for Madden 21, who you think is going to help us with EA College Football? Lol.

Quote:
The game will include school names, logos, traditions, fight songs, mascots, colors, uniforms and stadiums. Navigating around potentially litigious NIL matter was a delicate matter, and barring users from being able to customize players to their liking was an important stipulation for the schools, said Cory Moss, CLC’s chief executive. EA Sports was able to do a trial run of sorts with recent Madden titles, which incorporated a handful of college team options but did not include specific players.

“We wanted to work with EA just in that small module to see how they could work to formulate the rosters and work with the schools on the approval process to make sure there wasn’t any possibility of using any current student-athlete’s name, image and likeness,” he said.

Last edited by TheBleedingRed21; 02-03-2021 at 04:20 PM.
Old 02-03-2021, 03:56 PM   #14
MVP

young22's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by TripleCrown9
I don't think there will be roster sharing, but there will be roster editing.

That's how I see it playing out anyways.
As long as I have full editing on players in Dynasty, I'm good. Don't follow college football particularly closely, I wouldn't know who say, FAU's starting running back is.

Sent from my SM-A102W using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 02-03-2021, 04:47 PM   #15
MVP

OVR: 1

It was only relatively recently that the number of people browsing the Madden forum was consistently higher than the NCAA forum. That’s pretty remarkable for a game that is now two generations back.

I think they saw communities like us and that helped sell that there is a market, for sure.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-03-2021, 06:14 PM   #16
Hall Of Fame

Caulfield's Arena

OVR: 8

indirectly we are the reason but more directly, it's green that was the major motivator. not that there's anything wrong with that. greed, for lack of better word, is good

A Work in Progress

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »