Home

NCAA "next" - are we the reason why?

This is a discussion on NCAA "next" - are we the reason why? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-03-2021, 11:18 AM   #1
Rookie

Dagan's Arena

OVR: 0

It hit me that we all here at this specific site might be the primary reason for the game to come back. I'm not talking about conversation obsessions or banging the drum stuff. I'm talking about how not a year has gone by that people here haven't done whatever it took to keep the last game alive and up to date. Surely, it has proved that per roster accuracy, we are all going to do that "dirty work" ourselves. On the PC side, even uniform accuracies will be handled. More importantly, though, never once in all of this time has any online seller stopped letting anyone at any price, purchase either iteration of NCAA 14 (and there's no way that these people don't or can't have easily found out that rosters could keep being edited to reflect "likeness and abilities" of actual players). For all that the lawsuit kept saying was the reason for any new versions of the game to exist, no one did a single thing to stop anyone from doing the same thing ongoing.

So, yeah...are we here at this site absolutely who we/everyone else out there should thank (or take immense pride in)?

I think we/you all are. I honestly want to thank each and every single one of you who have kept things going.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-03-2021, 12:02 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: NCAA "next" - are we the reason why?

I was thinking the same thing after reading an ESPN article that said, "For now, EA Sports is planning to move forward without rosters that include the names, images or likenesses of real college players". As long as we edit and share rosters, there is enough of a fan base to make the game real enough. I think it is more important to EA Sports to have "real rosters" than it is to fans because we can make them real enough to the point where we may not feel the need to buy a new game every year.
Old 02-03-2021, 12:15 PM   #3
Game Dev

TheBleedingRed21's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
I was thinking the same thing after reading an ESPN article that said, "For now, EA Sports is planning to move forward without rosters that include the names, images or likenesses of real college players". As long as we edit and share rosters, there is enough of a fan base to make the game real enough. I think it is more important to EA Sports to have "real rosters" than it is to fans because we can make them real enough to the point where we may not feel the need to buy a new game every year.
You realize as of right now, there will be no roster editing or sharing, right? Lol
Old 02-03-2021, 12:20 PM   #4
MVP

MrOctober430's Arena

OVR: 12

I think of 3 things.

1. College football revamped. It really helped by updating the game and bringing back a lot of veteran players (like myself) to get back into NCAA 14 after years of not playing. With it being updated with new uniforms, ESPN interface, it gave a new hope.

2. Social media/YouTube. A lot pages dedicated to bring back NCAA were popping up and with YouTubers doing dynasty's and RTG it really showed that the game is really beloved.

3. OperationSports. Absolutely this forum has been part of it as well. Everyone comes here for rosters and always reference to come here for anything new. Without this community NCAA 14 wouldn't be where it's at now. I still check this website daily for good news, and it finally happened yesterday.
Old 02-03-2021, 12:32 PM   #5
All Star

TarHeelPhenom's Arena

OVR: 10

A LOT of people have contributed in a LOT of ways over the years to keep the game going. I personally wanna thank Xan for creating the editors that allowed us to edit and customize the game to our hearts desire. I honestly don't know how long I would have continued to play without it. The editors added several years of replay value for me.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-03-2021, 12:34 PM   #6
Pro

SilverChaosVII's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBleedingRed21
You realize as of right now, there will be no roster editing or sharing, right? Lol
If this holds, it will only be true for console. I'm not sure if there will be a workaround.

PC, however, shouldn't be a huge issue with all of the modding capabilities.

Either way, the roster is far less important in a college football game. Sure, it's obviously preferred, but after the first season or two of playing through the roster is basically turned over to the point where it's a smaller thing.
Old 02-03-2021, 12:36 PM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverChaosVII
If this holds, it will only be true for console. I'm not sure if there will be a workaround.

PC, however, shouldn't be a huge issue with all of the modding capabilities.

Either way, the roster is far less important in a college football game. Sure, it's obviously preferred, but after the first season or two of playing through the roster is basically turned over to the point where it's a smaller thing.

That’s how I’m feeling as well... however I would be bummed out if I wasn’t given the ability to edit equipment or numbers etc. of players I’ve signed a few years into the dynasty

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 02-03-2021, 12:38 PM   #8
MVP

thescoop's Arena

OVR: 23

This site definitely played a part. The folks here kept the passion alive for the game. Others mentioned already in this thread like the Revamped, different YouTubers playing the title.

I also think EA started "testing the waters" by including College teams in Madden in their "story modes." It gave them an idea of if they could work with these Universities or not. (Hopefully 2K is doing the same thing and gearing up for a College hoops comeback, but I doubt it.)

But anything that helped keep the passion alive and allowed a company like EA to see they were leaving money on the table was a factor. This site had a role for sure.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »