Home

Glad to see the Return Of College Football to next gen & beyond but If EA wants this

This is a discussion on Glad to see the Return Of College Football to next gen & beyond but If EA wants this within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-24-2021, 09:16 AM   #1
MVP

Chiefsfan881129's Arena

OVR: 13
Glad to see the Return Of College Football to next gen & beyond but If EA wants this

NCAA Football was far from perfect but was clearly the best version of the 2 games EA makes as game wasn't as broken & as bad madden has been over the years..

But since that dreadful end to the ncaa football franchise in 2012 Madden has gone down the deep end & hasn't recovered...

My hope is the new dev team for EA Sports College Football has been paying close attention to what the EA Madden NFL Dev team has done to there once proud game & they don't make the same mistakes..

If this game is to be successful it must follow it's own path when it comes to gameplay & more

Dynasty Mode needs to be even Deeper then on ncaa football

Things like spring practices & games would help..

But keep things as realistic as possible the less bugs & glitches the better..

For EA Sports College Football you must bring back the import draft class feature but also add an import College coach feature where College Coaches can go into the Coaching Pool in franchise mode of madden..

I know EA said there gonna start off with having the 120+ ncaa division 1 schools but over time it would be awesome to see the game become deeper & bigger & Division 2 & 3 Schools added & mabye Juco & more with there own rules & championships & more..

This would also add a new element especially since those players & coaches could also be imported into madden making draft classes & coach pools as realistic & deeper then ever...

Plus I also enjoyed the my player career mode from the old ncaa game I would love to see this brought back & being able to import my player into madden career mode or whatever it is now the story mode one!!

Realistic Weather field Conditions Refs Rules & more will also help improve this game..

These are just some of the things I want to see become a reality over time as long as EA Sports College Football doesn't go down the same path as madden in terms of bad game play & more & this game turns out to be fun

Ea can bet I'll return to buying this game every year & pre order & more I know we can't expect the 1st game to be good right away but as long as it's not unplayable & it improves every year unlike madden EA can count me in as someone who will purchase this game every year

I loved the old ncaa series but I hope EA will make me love this series even more.

My list of ideas is too long to post here so I'll let others chime in & mabye some other time I'll post more of my ideas on how to make sure this game is great! Thanks for reading & have a wonderful day..

Sent from my SM-G970U using Operation Sports mobile app

Kansas #1 KC ChiefsFan!
Kansas #1 KU Basketball Fan!
Kansas #1 Boston Redsox Fan!
Kansas #1 K-State Football Fan!
Kansas #1 OKC Thunder Fan!

Home Of Madden Cover Barry Sanders! Go Chiefs!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-24-2021, 09:56 AM   #2
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

OVR: 41
Re: Glad to see the Return Of College Football to next gen & beyond but If EA wants t

Madden continues to sale more each and every year. You can attribute that to the NFL shield, and you may be right, but that doesn't matter to EA. They care about making money when clearly Madden is a winning formula to them at the moment as it prints money.

I'm sure CFB will have plenty of similarities to Madden, like it always did, it's impossible to avoid when it's built from the same parts, just tuned differently, to put it simply. I think a CFB games about requires the dynasty mode to be deeper naturally, so I think we can expect the game on the field to be similar to Madden like it always was, but we can also expect Dynasty to at the worst be no less of an experience than what Franchise is now.

I know we all like to look back at NCAA 14 with fondness, but at the time of its release we did criticize the series annually for the lack of yearly improvements. We did finally get a coaching carousel in 14, albeit a poorly done one, but outside of that, the dynasty experience was still somewhat lackluster. It was not feature rich.

I would expect the CFB dynasty mode to be similar to what we had in NCAA 14 with a scenario engine tacked onto it and some other changes that have occurred in Madden since 2013.

I know talks about a coaching carousel in Madden have become hotter in the last couple of years, so I think if that's an addition that franchise mode gets in Madden this year, then we can expect CFB to have that feature to have it as well, and probably be improved over what we had in NCaA 14. We all assumed the carousel in NHL was somewhat of a test for Madden, but we haven't gotten it brought over yet. I think this may be the year it happens, or at least I hope so.

It should be brought over, be naturally improved over what NCAA 14 had with the ability to hire and fire your own coordinators, plus other improved logic added onto it. I believe simply having an improved carousel in CFB plus all of the other natural features such as recruiting, will make the dynasty mode feel fresh and differentiate it enough just like it always used to be.

I would love to see spring games and the likes, but I don't see that returning at this point. Preseason NFL football is a bigger deal than spring games at the college level and we see how EA practically ignores the preseason in Madden.

I think we will get an updated recruiting system, full sized rosters, a scenario engine, and hopefully an improved coaching carousel. That should be enough to satisfy the majority of players, but the hardcore crowd may still feel it lacks true depth.

If we take a true look at NCAA 14, it was not feature rich either. We had streamlined recruiting, custom schedules, a basic and poorly done coaching carousel and that's basically it outside of basically like redshirts, transfers, etc. It wasn't crawling with features anymore than Madden at the time was or is now.

CFB will clearly have recruiting that is hopefully more in depth, but at the very least it will be on the same level as 14. I can't imagine we don't have custom schedules return. It will have the basics like redshirts, transfers, etc. It may even expand on transfer due to the Portal being a thing now. We should hopefully get an improved carousel.

Then hopefully the Scenario Engine is more fleshed out and brought over. Then if we do get a return of the carousel, it is likely to be improved on. I think those are safe expectations for dynasty mode and will satisfy the masses. I wont be surprised if the scenario engine is left out because that would be a very EA thing to do. I will be a bit note surprised if the carousel is left out. I'm not sure EA can afford to not have that return, even in the first release of the rebooted series.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

― Plato

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »