Home

Scouting Question

This is a discussion on Scouting Question within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-29-2021, 02:35 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 1
Scouting Question

My question is is it possible to use the same rules from Madden Scouting minus the draft combine stuff to scout for NCAA14

When I say that I mean

QB:
Throw Power A or Better
Talent Value 66 or Better

HB:
Ball Carrier, Juke, Break Tackle, Elusiveness, Spin Move – At least 1 Skill A- or B+ Min Skill

Draft Combine:
40 Yard Dash under 4.59

WR:
Catching, Catching in Traffic, Spec Catch, Release B+ At least 1 skill, B- Minimum

Talent Grade 66

Draft Combine:
40 Yard Dash under 3.59

TE:

Catch in Traffic, Spec Catch, Release B+ at least 1 Skill, B- Minimum

Target Value 74

Draft Combine:
3 Cone under 7.50
Shuttle under 4.70

OL:

Pass Block, Pass Block Power, Pass Block Finesse, Run Block, Run Block Power, Impact Block B At least C+ Minimum

Target Value – 66

Draft Combine:
Squats usually over 600 for gems

DE:

Tackle, Pursuit, Fitness Moves, Power Move At least 1 B+ B Minimum

DT:
Tackle, Pursuit, Block Shedding At least 1 B+ B- Minimum

OLB:
Tackle, Pursuit, Finesse Moves at least B+
40 yard under 4.7

MLB:
Tackle, Pursuit A+ one B- other

CB:
Man Coverage/ Zone Coverage C At least in both
40 yard under 4.58

SS/FS:
Tackle, Zone Coverage C grade each
40 yard under 4.68

I know there is a madden video for 2020 that gives a break down with all of this but was just wondering if this might work for the same thing in the NCAA14 or what people look for in each position
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-29-2021, 03:27 PM   #2
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

OVR: 41
Re: Scouting Question

I'm not sure I follow exactly what you're saying, but there are hints about what a player will be rated like before you scout them. Obvious ones are the 40 times dictating speed and acceleration to a degree. Others are like squat being a certain high value and what it means for other ratings.

I don't remember anymore what you could tell from a player before scouting them. Since NCAA 14 allows you to actually scout and see every single player rating I stopped relying on those "shortcuts" that's why I forgot them.

If you're asking if you can look at a player before scouting them and get a feel for how they'll be rated, then yes you can to a degree, but given you're allowed to scout a player 100% accurately it is usually better to just make up your target board and then scout them all and make your decisions from there.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

― Plato
Old 06-29-2021, 04:35 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: Scouting Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by canes21
I'm not sure I follow exactly what you're saying, but there are hints about what a player will be rated like before you scout them. Obvious ones are the 40 times dictating speed and acceleration to a degree. Others are like squat being a certain high value and what it means for other ratings.

I don't remember anymore what you could tell from a player before scouting them. Since NCAA 14 allows you to actually scout and see every single player rating I stopped relying on those "shortcuts" that's why I forgot them.

If you're asking if you can look at a player before scouting them and get a feel for how they'll be rated, then yes you can to a degree, but given you're allowed to scout a player 100% accurately it is usually better to just make up your target board and then scout them all and make your decisions from there.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
I am just trying to think besides the 40, Squats etc like if those things that i mentioned above like those are skills to look into for those positions

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »