Home

Managing Expectations

This is a discussion on Managing Expectations within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-12-2022, 12:39 PM   #9
Hall Of Fame

Playmakers's Arena

OVR: 40
Re: Managing Expectations

I got a feeling we won't get Custom Stadium sounds which was great in older NCAA game.

There's a strong chance EA handicaps roster editing ability taking away the share option like Live and NHL Hockey series did.

Also this might not matter to most but I'd be shocked if they had ref's on the field. This has been removed from Madden and I expect this will also carry over to NCAA football.

I hate to seem negative but EA's track record since the last time we saw NCAA football hasn't been good with Madden.

I've played the games because there's no options but usually after a month or two the madden games always got stale. If they do the bare minimum with the new College game it could very well get stale to so hopefully I'm wrong and they put much more time, passion and energy into the college game.

Follow some the Greatest College Football players of All Time in NCAA Football 14
Old 07-12-2022, 12:55 PM   #10
Live Action, please?

jfsolo's Arena

OVR: 20

I don't have to manage expectations. Since I like Madden's gameplay, I'll enjoy it in CF, it will have a Dynasty mode with recruiting so I'll be good there as well. It will be a game that I have a ton of fun playing.

I'm a much more chill person than the one who sent a 4 page(both sides) handwritten letter to Tiburon 20 years ago.

Do this today: Instead of $%*#!@& on a game you're not going to play or movie you're not going to watch, say something good about a piece of media you're excited about.

Do the same thing tomorrow. And the next. Now do it forever.
Old 07-12-2022, 06:00 PM   #11
MVP

BROman's Arena

OVR: 11

I haven’t been to a strip club in over 10 years, so I’ll probably have a great time just walking through the door if I ever go to one again. I imagine that it’ll be a similar phenomenon with this new CFB game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-12-2022, 07:27 PM   #12
Hall Of Fame

Caulfield's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by BROman
I haven’t been to a strip club in over 10 years, so I’ll probably have a great time just walking through the door if I ever go to one again. I imagine that it’ll be a similar phenomenon with this new CFB game.
yep. I've already personally mind-set myself for a day 1 buy-in, and even if EACF24 doesn't wind up holding my attention span long enough for a lap dance, at least having something in the way of a college football video game has to be a step in the right direction after not having one for a solid decade.

right now the only thing that would disappoint me with 24 is if it fails to be released. I still am highly curious what organisation EA is going to barter with that holds NIL rights for the well over 11,000 players that make up the FBS players. as it stands today (and the foreseeable future) that organisation does not exist. I guess EA could give each university the same amount of money and the university be responsible for dividing the money up equally among their 85 players

the problem with that though is as litigious as our society is, there will at some point be the next Ed O'Bannon that wants more than what they are given. so without 1 organisation (union) that represents all 11,000 plus players, it's an uphill battle EA still has to resolve. the struggle is real, as it were

A Work in Progress
Old 07-12-2022, 09:01 PM   #13
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

OVR: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caulfield
yep. I've already personally mind-set myself for a day 1 buy-in, and even if EACF24 doesn't wind up holding my attention span long enough for a lap dance, at least having something in the way of a college football video game has to be a step in the right direction after not having one for a solid decade.

right now the only thing that would disappoint me with 24 is if it fails to be released. I still am highly curious what organisation EA is going to barter with that holds NIL rights for the well over 11,000 players that make up the FBS players. as it stands today (and the foreseeable future) that organisation does not exist. I guess EA could give each university the same amount of money and the university be responsible for dividing the money up equally among their 85 players

the problem with that though is as litigious as our society is, there will at some point be the next Ed O'Bannon that wants more than what they are given. so without 1 organisation (union) that represents all 11,000 plus players, it's an uphill battle EA still has to resolve. the struggle is real, as it were
There aren't many rules surrounding NIL right now, but the schools being limited from working with the students on deals is one of them. EA cannot pay the schools and have them figure out how to divide it up among their players.

They can work with a third party that represents whichever players sign on with them and have that party negotiate the compensation package(s). They also, if I've read it correctly, can just send over the paperwork to each football program and have a standard contract that says "you consent to yada yada with regards to name & likeness and you agree to X compensation package and so on:", get those signed and taken care of, then go on from there.

There are more potential issues with the latter situation. The first would be better if one or two organizations can represent nearly all players and get a base compensation package, but if that doesn't happen, EA can technically do the latter proposal and that would be working with each athlete individually even if they all sign the same basic contact.

― Plato
Old 07-12-2022, 09:06 PM   #14
Rookie

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfsolo
I'm a much more chill person than the one who sent a 4 page(both sides) handwritten letter to Tiburon 20 years ago.
haha you are not alone haha wrote a letter to them around the same time not 4 pages though. I mainly wrote about what gear(Simeon Rice half sleeves that go to the forearm) I would have liked in the game and a few things for Madden. They actually sent a response letter acknowledging they received and read it.
Old 07-12-2022, 10:10 PM   #15
MVP

OVR: 2

Basically I am managing my expectations the exact same as any other EA title. Hope for the best but expect the worst. Just having a CFB game back will be nice, but I am expecting a reskin of Madden which will not be a good thing IMO.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-12-2022, 10:41 PM   #16
MVP

jerwoods's Arena

OVR: 1

i just hope i get a ps5 in a year

but yeah year 1 will be just madden with college stuff i know they are going to take editing out i just hope they let us edit in dystny mode offline

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »