Home

FIFA 15 Demo Available Now on Xbox One, 360, PC, PS3, PS4

This is a discussion on FIFA 15 Demo Available Now on Xbox One, 360, PC, PS3, PS4 within the EA Sports FC and FIFA forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-08-2014, 11:32 PM   #41
Zac
World-Class Diver

Zac's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: FIFA 15 Demo Available Now on Xbox One, Soon For Other Consoles and PC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cpre5
1. If you have the ball as the cam will your strikers make runs?

Yes, they do. I've had multiple situations already where even as a CM where the strikers would position themselves for a through ball, or a pass for a pass back for me on a run. As in they would set themselves up for a pass that would draw the defenders in so I could then pass it back to the open guy for a clear shot.

2. Do your player go after dead balls or slow open space balls unlike 14 when the would just strafe near it but not go after it.

Yes, but not as much as they should. And if you have two guys in the area is when it becomes a problem. Its like they don't know which one should go fo it, and then it feels like all the past games. But if its just one guy hes gone for it probably 50/50, depending on if hes closer than the defender or not. If he is not he gets in defending position.
Its not perfect, but its better thus far than 14. A lot more lose balls are being ran after by the CPU players.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-08-2014, 11:51 PM   #42
Pro

Panicshade's Arena

OVR: 9

Love playing on Broadcast camera in this demo...I have to get used to it because I usually never play that way...played Dortmund vs Boca Juniors and got a penalty kick because the Boca defender came in too late in the box.
Old 09-08-2014, 11:51 PM   #43
Blowing bubbles

Cpre5's Arena

OVR: 17

Have they fixed the angle shots from 14, or the slow roller shot in the box. Basically all the easy shots.
Old 09-08-2014, 11:59 PM   #44
The Kaptain

gopher_guy's Arena

OVR: 22

Just played my first game in the demo. WOW.

It's so good.

First off, the aesthetics. The game is beautiful. The players look awesome, stadium looks great. And the crowd is fantastic. It legitimately looked and sounded like a match at Anfield. The crowd ERUPTS when you score a goal. It's by far the best crowd I've seen in any sports game.

I love the new emotion system. Just adds more realism to the game. I had a breakaway with Lambert, Hart saved my shot, and Lambert said something to him. Hart started walking out towards Lambert, apparently to go talk back, but Demichelis stepped in his way, to stop him. Later in the game, Mignolet made a nice save, and Agger went over to him and tapped him on the back, as if to say "nice save"

I love the way the highlights at the end of the half and game are in widescreen. Makes them look, I don't know, just looks cool.

The game plays fantastic. The ball looks and reacts so real. changes spin with every touch, when necessary. Bounces realistically.

Love the different camera angles when you go to take a corner or goal kick. Love the new screen to manage your team.

There's literally nothing I can think of that I disliked.

Bravo.

"The name on the front of the jersey is a hell of a lot more important than the one on the back."
-Herb Brooks
Old 09-09-2014, 12:07 AM   #45
Pro

Panicshade's Arena

OVR: 9

The bad thing is now I really don't want to play FIFA 14 anymore.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-09-2014, 12:14 AM   #46
Zac
World-Class Diver

Zac's Arena

On default sliders, full manual on word class felt great. And it was hard. Not artificial hard. But actually hard. By that I mean I didn't feel the cpu cheated me once. No invisible forces holding me back. It didn't feel scripted.

You can tell a slight difference in each team. And for the most part, each player. Its not drastic, but you can kinda tell. Bor. Dortmund does not feel like liverpool. Hazard does not feel Lilana.

As someone else already stated, playing in the rain feels great. Ball is much slower and you can see the water splashing around.

But now some negatives.

The CPU runs up and down the sidelines at full speed way, way too much. Not as much on world class, but still a little too much. Also not passing enough. Too many long runs with a single player.

Some players feel way too fast. Kinda floaty. Hoping this is fixed in the full release. Or maybe it can be with sliders. Its not every player. But some guys just feel arcady compared to everyone else. To quick, and the animations look odd. Like they are the flash.

Also the defenders clearing the ball 40 yards down the pitch perfectly to a teammate is still present. Kinda bummed about that.

The push/pull fighting thing they talked about a while back, doesn't seem to be working correctly. It feels like 14 for the most part. Maybe I am not doing it correctly. Or maybe I just haven't used the correct player to win a battle. Because I lose every one. And I've yet to see either player fall down.

And that is it for me. I've posted too much in this topic already. Got its going to be a long two weeks.

Old 09-09-2014, 12:16 AM   #47
Rookie

I really like the new throw in option to point the RS in a direction, take control of a receiver, run him around then call for the throw in. You can do the same on a free kick, and switch control to the receiver and move him around and call for the free kick.

Only one somewhat negative thing I noticed, was the framerate issues when the ball seemed to be spinning/rotating. You can see the rotation on the ball as it's dribbled, passed, etc.. This didn't happen all the time, but just looked a little choppy at times, but only with the spinning ball.

Atmosphere was excellent, really excited that all Premier stadiums are in. Liverpool's fans were doing some motion and chant (I'm not completely up on my English soccer chants), but it was cool.
Old 09-09-2014, 12:17 AM   #48
Zac
World-Class Diver

Zac's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cpre5
Have they fixed the angle shots from 14, or the slow roller shot in the box. Basically all the easy shots.
I haven't seen any of these yet. Nor have I attempted any. I've played 5 games. The way the keepers respond though, I'm going to say its fixed. Just by how they react to the ball and the players around them when you get in the box. Its nothing like 14.

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA »