Home

FIFA 15 Review: Excels In Most Every Aspect, Is a Must Buy (PS4/XB1)

This is a discussion on FIFA 15 Review: Excels In Most Every Aspect, Is a Must Buy (PS4/XB1) within the EA Sports FC and FIFA forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-27-2014, 10:33 AM   #25
MVP

Kaanyr Vhok's Arena

OVR: 14
Re: FIFA 15 Review: Excels In Most Every Aspect, Is a Must Buy (PS4/XB1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wiggy
I guess what I was getting at here was that I've found previous FIFA games to have gameplay that I can enjoy on a certain level, especially with humans. This year it's a much better experience, especially on harder sliders.

I wouldn't say the demo gives a great representation of what the game is really like, as it was set to fairly low settings (I believe).
You can change the level in the demo
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-27-2014, 10:36 AM   #26
MVP

Kaanyr Vhok's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by kerosene31
I hated the 15 demo this year. This is the first year where the demo changed my mind from pre-ordering to not buying.

I waited to read player opinions and of course the review here before buying today. There's always differences between demos and the final game, but this year is a huge difference. In the demo the difficulties were just all over the place (I got ripped in pro on the demo with a superior team).

People really need to ignore this year's demo. I won't rehash all the demo issues, other than to say the final game is much more refined.
What?? I must be better at Fifa than I thought. I thought the demo was easy on Pro and just right on World Class. Too offensive but right for the fast clock
Old 09-27-2014, 01:36 PM   #27
MVP

woody2goody's Arena

OVR: 5

It doesn't need to be a 100% true sim to be a great game.

Yes there is some tinkering with sliders that is badly needed to bring it up to a great level, however that's the same for nearly all sports games these days, because they give anyone the option to play however they want.

I'm a fan of realistic football, but even I enjoyed cranking the sprint speed and shooting power up to 100 and just having a laugh with it for a game or two.

One of the most enjoyable football games I've ever played was PES 2009, and that was massively attack-heavy.

I have no problem with higher scores in shorter games when we're talking football. Even so, I've had a 0-0, 2-1 win and 6-3 defeat in my last 3 games vs the CPU on World class.

If the sliders can be nailed then this game will be amazingly realistic AND fun.
Old 09-27-2014, 02:00 PM   #28
Banned

OVR: 0

Are the goal keepers still on steroids on the final build?
Old 09-27-2014, 02:50 PM   #29
MVP

alabamarob's Arena

OVR: 5
Wasnt impressed with the fifa demo, and I wont be getting the game. I agree with some of the earlier posts, and disagree with the review. This game is not evenly balanced and the pace is not very realistic. It plays nothing like a real soccer match. Way to fast, way to much dribbling, not enough midfield play, and way to much space on offense. Fifa has the licenses and presentation down pat but fifa is just like madden to me, because the games play like a highlight real. The subtle things that make that particular sport beautiful are missing in ea games. Fifa included.
Old 09-27-2014, 06:28 PM   #30
MVP

OVR: 13

I am the stereotypical American soccer fan. My knowledge of soccer while growing is very limited. I haven't bought a soccer game since PS2 days.

I love this game more than I love MLB the show and equal with Madden. That's saying a lot. It may not nail down the sport as much as much as it should to some but it's a damn good game.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk
Old 09-27-2014, 07:01 PM   #31
Rookie

dmendenhall_9's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by cujomatty
all I know is I looooovvvveee this game and I know almost nothing about soccer. To me that says alot.
this is exactly why I don't like FIFA, haha. alabamarob hit it on the head for me. I can see how some people like this game I was just shocked how little operationsports review talked about the gameplay and how it feels aspect of the game. This is supposed to be a site devoted to sports gaming and the review was lacking substance.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-27-2014, 09:10 PM   #32
Rookie

Madden 15 review had about 67549 comments... Fifa 15, the much superior game has 30. We complain about Madden and it's shortcomings but as a sports gaming community we don't praise a well executed and highly praised Fifa? I don't get it. Maybe it should be OperationMadden.Com, anyhow, I think this is one of the greatest sports titles ever and I can only see EA improve upon this massive effort. Great things here and greater things to come.

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA »