Home

THoughts On Sliders

This is a discussion on THoughts On Sliders within the EA Sports FC and FIFA forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
View Poll Results: Do You Edit Sliders?
Yes 13 86.67%
No 2 13.33%
Voters: 15. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-09-2015, 04:35 PM   #9
MVP

JHedges2's Arena

OVR: 12
Re: THoughts On Sliders

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZO
I think there are two groups of slider users. Those that use them to try and make the experience more enjoyable or to change up the experience, or maybe to make it harder. And then there are those that get so heavy into trying to make a true to life sim, that they end up almost ruining the game for themselves in the process.

I myself fell into the later with Madden last year, and now I don't even enjoy playing the game at all. This is why I don't even mess with them in FIFA until I've feel I've played out the game so much so that I'm not finding it challenging while still being fun.
Agreed. All the more reason why I love MLB TS's Dynamic Difficulty. It eventually gets you to where you need to be and you don't necessarily have to fool around with sliders!

Are you (all) full manual players too? This is my first year on FIFA, so I use assisted passing. Maybe I'll practice over the summer so as to get ready for full manual CM on '16.
Old 06-09-2015, 11:27 PM   #10
Rookie

half-fast's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by JHedges2
Agreed. All the more reason why I love MLB TS's Dynamic Difficulty. It eventually gets you to where you need to be and you don't necessarily have to fool around with sliders!

Are you (all) full manual players too? This is my first year on FIFA, so I use assisted passing. Maybe I'll practice over the summer so as to get ready for full manual CM on '16.
So you find MLBs dynamic difficulty works well for you? I always found it made the game too easy after a while.

I am a full manual player, and have been for years. It can be a real challenge just completing passes when you start, and competing with full auto players will likely frustrate you for a long time, but I feel it is the better way to go and they should force everyone to play full manual. The game is so much more organic, you actually feel like you completed the play and you have potentially more control over your players actions.
Old 06-10-2015, 02:20 AM   #11

dubcity's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by JHedges2

Going manual is often what triggers people to start messing with sliders; it was in my case. Because eventually you get good enough that professional difficulty is way too easy, but playing the CPU on world class or higher with full manual settings is frustrating and unfair. Especially with how direct the game is this year.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-10-2015, 02:46 AM   #12
Zac
World-Class Diver

Zac's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by dubcity
Going manual is often what triggers people to start messing with sliders; it was in my case. Because eventually you get good enough that professional difficulty is way too easy, but playing the CPU on world class or higher with full manual settings is frustrating and unfair. Especially with how direct the game is this year.
I agree with this statement. I think it was about the time I started playing full manual was when I started wanting to play around with sliders. I didn't start playing full manual until last years game. Before that I was on semi. I can't go back now. That feeling when you hit that perfect through ball into space and first touch it into the top corner so the keeper has no chance. Its the best. Knowing you did all that, with no assists. I stand up and scream and do little dances when I complete stuff like that on full manual.

I still get super frustrated at times. But not because the game did something wrong. Because I did something wrong. I didn't point the stick far enough in the correct direction. Or I didn't give it enough power.

Old 06-10-2015, 08:17 AM   #13
MVP

JHedges2's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZO
I still get super frustrated at times. But not because the game did something wrong. Because I did something wrong. I didn't point the stick far enough in the correct direction. Or I didn't give it enough power.
Yeah I think I'm at the point where I just need to put it on professional (or lower) and just learn how to play with full manual.

Thanks guys for your feedback, it's nice to still discuss this game so late in its 'cycle'--as I have become completely obsessed with soccer since the WC last year, lol...

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA »