Home

Question: Player Positions

This is a discussion on Question: Player Positions within the EA Sports FC and FIFA forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-12-2015, 10:28 AM   #1
MVP

JHedges2's Arena

OVR: 12
Question: Player Positions

Couple of questions here regarding player positions...

1) If I continually play someone 'out of position' (i.e. a RB at CB, See: Chambers | Arsenal), will their position eventually change? Or at least will their 'new' position be listed as a second position? Or are they forever listed as what they are listed when CM is started?

2) If said player is played out of position, does that hinder/stop their growth?

TIA guys!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-13-2015, 11:29 AM   #2
MVP

JHedges2's Arena

Re: Question: Player Positions

66 views...nobody knows anything on this?
Old 06-13-2015, 12:56 PM   #3
Zac
World-Class Diver

Zac's Arena

OVR: 1

Their main position will never change, and it doesn't' really need to. You can play anyone who is capable in any position. I've played RB as ST before. And RW as RB. I also play CDMs as CB and vice versa a lot. As well as L/RB as CB and vice versa. I have however noticed after a while that the potion I play them at DOESN'T gets added to their role. I've had CDMs play CB all year, and only grow one point and not show CB as a new / position. HOWEVER. I've played RW as a ST, and then ST showed up on their position as RW/TS. So as long as its in their position area you will be fine. Playing a RB as a CB will be fine. But playing that RB as a RM will hinder his growth.

Now for growth. This is tricky. Because if he doesn't have CB listed as a position, he will grow crazy slow while playing at the position until its added to his list, which could be a full year of playing at that position. But if CB is listed as his position, he will grow regularly. No player you play out of position will grow faster than the default progression. Which is slow as crap. Like a point a year. So you can play him in that position if you are fine with him not growing as fast. Or just as a one off here and their for rotation.

I've had issues before were I have a crazy good young CM, on the rise, playing well. Super good form. Kid grew from 60 to 68 in one season playing most games as a CM. His only listed position. I ended up switching my formation to not have a true CM role. And he was bouncing from CAM and CDM. He stopped growing for an entire year. He was 68 at the end of that second season. Had perfect form and was doing great. But no growth. But at the end of that second year his position was CM/CAM. He then started growing again the third year, but at a much slower rate than before. He only went up two points that third year playing as a cam. I still believe he would have hit 75 end of second year as a CM. and 80 end of third. But I'll never know.

Which brings me to my last point. Those numbers aren't really all that important once you get them to 70 or above. So don't fret too much about them. I don't find much difference in a striker with 74 finish than one with 90 finish. Or a CB with 72 marking compared to one with 85 marking. The only stats I truly find important are physical stats, not skill stats. Pace, speed, strength, stamina, etc. Those are the ones I care most about. I'll play that 34 year old 64 rated CB over my 22 year old 75 rated CB if he has better physical stats. Because he handles better on pitch when I control him. Yes the skill stats do count and make it easier, but there isn't much difference between the gaps over 70's. But I find playing with lower rated players makes you play the game better.

Old 06-14-2015, 07:27 PM   #4
MVP

JHedges2's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZO
Their main position will never change, and it doesn't' really need to. You can play anyone who is capable in any position. I've played RB as ST before. And RW as RB. I also play CDMs as CB and vice versa a lot. As well as L/RB as CB and vice versa. I have however noticed after a while that the potion I play them at DOESN'T gets added to their role. I've had CDMs play CB all year, and only grow one point and not show CB as a new / position. HOWEVER. I've played RW as a ST, and then ST showed up on their position as RW/TS. So as long as its in their position area you will be fine. Playing a RB as a CB will be fine. But playing that RB as a RM will hinder his growth.

Now for growth. This is tricky. Because if he doesn't have CB listed as a position, he will grow crazy slow while playing at the position until its added to his list, which could be a full year of playing at that position. But if CB is listed as his position, he will grow regularly. No player you play out of position will grow faster than the default progression. Which is slow as crap. Like a point a year. So you can play him in that position if you are fine with him not growing as fast. Or just as a one off here and their for rotation.

I've had issues before were I have a crazy good young CM, on the rise, playing well. Super good form. Kid grew from 60 to 68 in one season playing most games as a CM. His only listed position. I ended up switching my formation to not have a true CM role. And he was bouncing from CAM and CDM. He stopped growing for an entire year. He was 68 at the end of that second season. Had perfect form and was doing great. But no growth. But at the end of that second year his position was CM/CAM. He then started growing again the third year, but at a much slower rate than before. He only went up two points that third year playing as a cam. I still believe he would have hit 75 end of second year as a CM. and 80 end of third. But I'll never know.

Which brings me to my last point. Those numbers aren't really all that important once you get them to 70 or above. So don't fret too much about them. I don't find much difference in a striker with 74 finish than one with 90 finish. Or a CB with 72 marking compared to one with 85 marking. The only stats I truly find important are physical stats, not skill stats. Pace, speed, strength, stamina, etc. Those are the ones I care most about. I'll play that 34 year old 64 rated CB over my 22 year old 75 rated CB if he has better physical stats. Because he handles better on pitch when I control him. Yes the skill stats do count and make it easier, but there isn't much difference between the gaps over 70's. But I find playing with lower rated players makes you play the game better.
Thank you for the feedback man, very informative!

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA »