Home

FIFA 16 Gameplay and FUT Draft Videos From Gamescom

This is a discussion on FIFA 16 Gameplay and FUT Draft Videos From Gamescom within the EA Sports FC and FIFA forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-06-2015, 10:52 PM   #33
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: FIFA 16 Gameplay and FUT Draft Videos From Gamescom

I like the speed of it. It looks nice and slow and not a fast fest.
Old 08-06-2015, 11:03 PM   #34
Hall Of Fame

Matt10's Arena

OVR: 23

Pass speed toned down just ever so slightly will put us in gameplay nirvana here. Would like to see some P1 v CPU wc/legendary though. Regardless, pass speed maxed at 50 is too fast.
Old 08-07-2015, 12:37 AM   #35
Rookie

OVR: 1

I always felt Legendary (like All Madden) just cheats you though. But I know FIFA is an overall better developed game than Madden for numerous reasons.

But I guess that's just at base sliders. If you tweak them I can see why it is fair.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-07-2015, 01:21 AM   #36
Pro

OVR: 3

Am I the only person who is worried? Maybe it's because I mostly play FUT but all I saw was potential things that could ruin the game (for FUT).

Yeah, the defensive improvements are impressive. Nice to see the giant defensive AI boost. But...

1. The whipped in crosses they added in. They look way too accurate. The people playing weren't good enough to abuse it but I can see sprinting down the wing and whipping it along the ground behind the defense to a 90+ pace striker being a spammed thing online. I'm having PTSD flashbacks to Fifa 14 again.

2. The slide tackle feature they added where you can immediately get up after a slide tackle removing any risk out of performing one. One of my biggest gripes with online play is people spamming slide tackles because the refs never give yellows and slide tackles home in on the ball, no matter how bad your slide tackle was.

3. Headers look OP again. Most of the corners in the two videos resulted in goals or headed chances on goal.

4. I don't believe for a second they have fixed pace abuse as it's been a problem in every single modern Fifa, despite them claiming to have fixed it every year.

5. The new passing (driven passes) look to be the most broken thing of all. The laser guided passes that you can now do though the defense. There doesn't seem to be any inaccuracy with them.

All of these I predict will be problems with the demo build.

Last edited by takki; 08-07-2015 at 05:11 PM.
Old 08-07-2015, 01:44 AM   #37

dubcity's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by takki
5. The new passing (driven passes) look to be the most broken thing of all. The laser guided passes that you can now do though the defense. There doesn't seem to be any inaccuracy with them.

This, along with crosses and headers, are more than likely their way of the countering the improved defensive AI to ensure more goals. That's part of the reason headers were OP in 14. If you can't just dribble through the midfield like in 15, then now more goals will come from other areas. Have to placate the casual players who want 3-2 scorelines in 10-12 minute matches.
Old 08-07-2015, 01:53 AM   #38
Chillin

RoyceDa59's Arena

OVR: 10

Passing looks way too accurate but I am happy to see some freaking midfield play for once in a FIFA game. I have to see more but it is promising I just tactics actually work well in this game this year.
Old 08-07-2015, 04:16 AM   #39
Pro

OVR: 6
Re: First Actual Gameplay Video Of FIFA 16 Gamescom 2015

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt10
WOW.

The defensive line moving as a unit.

The spaces are covered.

Players moving off the ball and showing to.

Fouls.

Defensive line not following attackers into the box.

Is this FIFA? PES...please take notes.
I can only take so much of the defensive line and midfielders tracking every runners into the box. So glad FIFA 16 isn't that far away, even more so now that you're cosigning it.
Old 08-07-2015, 07:02 AM   #40
Rookie

OVR: 0

still looks a lot like ping-pong with the passing, super up-and-down with few midfield battles... also there seems to be so much space on a FIFA pitch, especially in midfield it rarely looks like someone is pressed hard and forced to make a bad pass or mistake like real life

Quote:
Originally Posted by takki
A new gameplay video. Non-english.
https://youtu.be/FeJzu2DmHPE
that video is fifa 15..

Last edited by Santi; 08-07-2015 at 07:11 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA »