Home

FIFA 17 | Youth Scouting Discussion

This is a discussion on FIFA 17 | Youth Scouting Discussion within the EA Sports FC and FIFA forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-19-2016, 01:05 PM   #1
MVP

JHedges2's Arena

OVR: 12
FIFA 17 | Youth Scouting Discussion

I wanted to solicit opinions on what you guys do in terms of what you tell your scouts to look for...

First, playing mostly as Arsenal, I use 5/5 scouts—or 4/4 at worst simply because that’s most realistic, and they can afford it. With that said, I typically do ‘any’ for player type, as that gives me the widest range of players in the reports each month.

After watching BamaStriker9's video on scouting physically strong players, I did a test CM last night w/ Everton and sent 3 scouts all for physically strong, and got a lot of defenders, CM, and CDM (as the video implied we would!). Also had a couple of ST and CF, and one random RM (attacker…hm?). Physically strong players (per his findings) have higher physicals than others--which, can't be trained (but do actually grow this year!).

This brings me to my issue of work rates and WF/skill move ratings. It’s a real downer to scout a player for months or have him in the YA only to bring in a ST that has L/H WR, or 1*WF and 2*skills. So, what I’ve started doing is saving my career, then signing all players I’m interested in to the senior team to check their WR and WF/skill ratings. For example, I had an awesome looking CB last night, 6’4 or something, 16 years old, 58 rated, 85-94 pot, but was a L/L WR and 2*WF and 1* skills. UGH. Thoughts on this process/method?

I'll hang up and listen
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-19-2016, 02:20 PM   #2
Rookie

markor's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: FIFA 17 | Youth Scouting Discussion

I'm having a hard time finding a ST and CB..... none in 5 months..
Old 10-19-2016, 04:18 PM   #3
Rookie

koebsual's Arena

OVR: 4

Not to be a wet blanket, but does it even matter? They come in rated in the 50's and it takes 5 yrs to get them playable! I don't even bother. Sad. Would love it if you could get a kid at 16 rated 58 then 65 by 17 75 by 18 etc... But I personally have a none of that happen. They come in way too low 52ish and 4 yrs later they are 66ish... Once in a while you should have a kid go from 60 to 80 in a yr if they are a superstar potential.. Not take 4+ yrs
Old 10-19-2016, 05:24 PM   #4
Rookie

There was a time that I would sign every player with a high potential and spend a year scouting them in my youth squad. This year I have changed direction, I don't sign them to my youth squad unless they have a starting value of over $300,000 and a potential that maxes out at 94.

This way the players I am signing are rated 60 or higher with a very likely potential of over 85.

The may update doesn't seem to be a huge deal now that you can train players so I don't waste too much time signing them to the main roster because I want to know their work rate, weak foot and skills. If they don't live up to my expectation I sell them first chance I get.

When I find a player that has everything I am looking for I train them up to a 70, which takes a few months for midfielders and less time for goalies and defenders, and then let natural progression take over.

I just started year 3 with West Ham and I have a winger who is a 77 and starting to get first team reps. 2 CM, a CB, and a RB in their low 70s and playing for me in my EFL cup matches and another 6 or 7 guys that will start being trained shortly.

I force the sale of the players that don't have a good work rate and weak foot to teams in the lower leagues where I know they'll play. I like seeing them pop up when I get deep into my career.

I don't have 3 scouts out searching for players all season because it overloads my team with youngsters. I scout England year round and only send additional scouts out if my team plays a game in another country. I scout the location of my preseason tournament for 1 month. This season I am playing Barca, Sporting, and Brugge in the champions cup so I will scout Spain, Portugal and Belgium for one month.
Old 10-19-2016, 09:58 PM   #5
MVP

JHedges2's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by markor
I'm having a hard time finding a ST and CB..... none in 5 months..
Search for physically strong players. You should get a good number of CB. I have found ST as well but not nearly as successful re: CB.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-20-2016, 05:37 AM   #6
Rookie

I always scout for "Any" and "Promising" this way I'm finding lots of 19-20 year olds with rating already at 75-80 overall. Also some 68-73 rated players with high potential
Old 10-20-2016, 06:43 AM   #7
Rookie

I do not sign any players that have a lower potential than 80, so I reject a lot of young players when my scout comes up with the list. I find it quite annoying to have a fully packed squad because eventually my youth players will not even make the bench. It is also hard to loan all of them out, so I chose to pick quality over quantity. With that being done they develop good and fast and I can use them for cup matches or league matches againt weaker teams
Old 10-20-2016, 07:55 AM   #8
Rookie

Does anybody know what the optimum is you can get this year? Like 75 rated with 95 potential or what is it?

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA »