Home

FIFA coded Bull[emoji90]

This is a discussion on FIFA coded Bull[emoji90] within the EA Sports FC and FIFA forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-29-2017, 03:48 PM   #1
Pro

OVR: 0
FIFA coded Bull

Every year I get hyped about the new installment coming out and every year is the same disappointment. The coded bull on WC and Legendary difficulty levels is just insane and really makes the game poor in that respect.
I have played a number of games now, on default sliders and using the Community Sliders and I'm going to have to revert to Professional level and adapt the sliders to make it competitive that way. The BS on pro isn't completely gone but it's way less than the higher levels.
I played games as Huddersfield (me) v Arsenal (CPU) on WC and legendary difficulty levels, 10 minute halves with default sliders and then the Community sliders. Didn't score in any, whilst Arsenal had every loose ball and bobble go their way, they scored in the 45+ or 90+ minutes in three of the games. Huddersfield striker Mounie didn't get a look in no matter how I tried. Their players were always one step ahead of me. When I played them all again only this time I was Arsenal, what do you know, Huddersfield got all the breaks, Mounie scored twice and Walcott was getting caught by slow defenders! I played several other random games too and this was all very evident in those games.
Sliders can fix certain aspects of this game but I'm afraid they won't change the BS! There has to be a level playing field with things like this, its bad enough trying to play a better team anyway without them having all the lucky breaks going their way.
I've also seen many people say the crossing is very OP this year. Well, as I said during the Beta play, I must have a different version of the game because I've used, assisted, semi and manual and not once have I put in what I would call a descent cross that's found my player!

Sent from my iPad using Operation Sports
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-29-2017, 11:19 PM   #2
MVP

GoDucks1224's Arena

Re: FIFA coded Bull

Yeah, sorry man but this is more of a you problem than any sort of crazy coding. I'm playing on legendary and still had to tinker with sliders to make it more challenging. As do many. Yeah the AI gets little boosts here and there on higher difficulties but... The physics engine is a neutral third party lol.
Old 09-30-2017, 01:09 AM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 3

It's not a you problem at all. Its extremely evident when the game decides to give the CPU a goal. Passes that are normally intercepted, slip right through your defenders or you mysteriously cannot switch to the closest defender to make a tackle. 45 and 90 minute all the time. the AI is weak, so having the game script goals provides a "challenge". Until they redesign the engine, this will be the case and even after quite possibly.

If PES had a better "career mode" I would never pick up another FIFA again. It really nailed the AI difficulty this year and its extremely difficult to beat the best teams (barca etc. etc) But, master league is all around garbage.

Better graphics in FIFA this year and a few gimmicky cut scenes, but I agree it's the same old gameplay. Good luck with the professional slider project.
Old 09-30-2017, 02:23 AM   #4
MVP

GoDucks1224's Arena

FIFA coded Bull

Lol being bad at the game = scripted. What a world! Seriously I've been playing FIFA since 2006, and while I shared some of these thoughts back then (because I was bad) it's obvious to me it isn't scripted. Practice makes perfect. The computer is better and more intelligent at higher difficulties. But they don't get magical powers lol.
Old 09-30-2017, 09:25 AM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 3

you must work for EA.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-30-2017, 03:19 PM   #6
MVP

GoDucks1224's Arena

Lmao, I wish. I'd rather be developing games than working the desk job I have. I just think it's hilarious when kids try and complain about scripting when it's so obviously not. You're just not good enough at the game to play on higher difficulties. The sooner you accept that, the better off you'll be.
Old 09-30-2017, 04:15 PM   #7
MVP

PPerfect_CJ's Arena

OVR: 8

If you don’t think a lot of FIFA is scripted, then I’d love to have your copy of the game, because it IS and has been for awhile now.
#WeAreND
Old 09-30-2017, 05:41 PM   #8
MVP

GoDucks1224's Arena

Lol seriously? Another one? Geesh. You guys need to play on a difficulty that's more catered to your skill level clearly. I'll never be able to convince you, so I'm just gonna stop. But, as someone who easily beats the AI on default legendary, I can assure you it isn't lol. The only thing that happens is that they get slight boosts to speed and acceleration, which you can counter with sliders. They get more intelligent. They know how to abuse slow defenders on counter attacks. I suggest turning down the difficulty, messing with the sliders, or getting better with tactics and possession play. I'm out. ✌️

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA »