Home

Is FIFA 19 Better or Worse Since Launch?

This is a discussion on Is FIFA 19 Better or Worse Since Launch? within the EA Sports FC and FIFA forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 01-17-2019, 08:28 PM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Is FIFA 19 Better or Worse Since Launch?

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonysnow45
I've come to realize the expectation of the EA of producing a quality game is the days of the past. It surprise me that people continue to purchase their products and then complain about the gameplay.* None of their sports are nowhere close to being a true SIM game.
Absolutely true. But the problem is not that they are not making a simulation, the problem is that they are making bad (arcade, but still bad) video games. I'd play a good one, and we've seen quite a few in the past.

Then again people are watching other people open packs nowadays, not playing a football match, so maybe the slot machine gameplay is really good and all that really matters.
Old 01-17-2019, 09:13 PM   #10
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by KG
Do you play with any PC mods or global editors?

I feel like you could resolve some of these issues with mods tweaks but it would take globally editing something like FB positioning (a point I totally agree with as they tuck in way too much and are easily beat by the same 1-2s).
Tried an edited database a few months back, can't recall much now, but it felt mostly *different* rather than an obvious improvement. People usually try to reduce certain stats which could help humanise top players/teams but positioning is a much tougher problem to crack I think.

You could move players around but their programmed behaviour.. it is what it is. They are simply programmed to go after the man with ball, not the man making the overlapping run. Likewise the defensive line is programmed to stay back when attacking (and opposition forwards don't come back either) which creates a big space between the lines so that play can transition faster. You could increase the line height but then there's always a CB programmed to follow a run instead of keeping to his line... You just can't beat the intended design, lol.

Last edited by Chrisx; 01-17-2019 at 09:19 PM.
Old 01-18-2019, 07:54 AM   #11
Pro

JimmyDeicide's Arena

OVR: 5

Both games are a let down i agree with KG.
Around the pitch Fifa is really good, on the pitch its really bad, the animations have gotten worse not better, the way the players move now is so jerky and unnatural now it even feels that way with control.

Don't get me started on 19"s one time hurried shots by the AI, the way the player physic defyingly warps /contorts into the shot , its so obviously forced.

I love what Matt does with the game but every time i fire it up i see that mind boggling animation and im gone and fire up Pes only to be disappointed yet again in other areas.
Sigh, I give up to be honest, its sad.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-18-2019, 11:46 AM   #12
KG
Welcome Back

KG's Arena

OVR: 35

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimmyDeicide
Both games are a let down i agree with KG.

Around the pitch Fifa is really good, on the pitch its really bad, the animations have gotten worse not better, the way the players move now is so jerky and unnatural now it even feels that way with control.

Don't get me started on 19"s one time hurried shots by the AI, the way the player physic defyingly warps /contorts into the shot , its so obviously forced.

I love what Matt does with the game but every time i fire it up i see that mind boggling animation and im gone and fire up Pes only to be disappointed yet again in other areas.

Sigh, I give up to be honest, its sad.

There’s one animation like that of which you described that drives me crazy.

When the striker is making a run into the box and you pass it to him and he hits it first time without even turning his head or just as importantly, let’s the ball actually roll in front of him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 01-18-2019, 02:19 PM   #13

dubcity's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by KG

When the striker is making a run into the box and you pass it to him and he hits it first time without even turning his head or just as importantly, let’s the ball actually roll in front of him.

Oh yeah, and the foot sliding/skating involved to get his back foot planted in the right spot is always fun. That's a clear example of EA choosing arcade over sim, because you know competitive online players would complain if their player couldn't do that.
Old 01-18-2019, 09:26 PM   #14
Pro

JimmyDeicide's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by KG

Yes thats the one, the player is shooting 5 seconds before the ball arrives its already been computed, no matter what angle or what direction the pass came from no look no nothing.
Goes back to the demo when the players legs would even go past his standing leg
" my left leg is now my right leg" boom rocket shot on target lol.
Old 01-24-2019, 01:01 AM   #15
MVP

It's really annoying In my opinion ...my mates and I mostly play offline but it seems that speed beats every other stat in this game ...and compensated for every other pass in this game .

I have friends who will abuse every arcade mechanism the game allows .

You try to switch with the right stick ...no dice .

Intercept a pass by lining up your defender to block a pass the ball still manages to get to the player the pass was intended for or some one else in a potent position .

Atlanta the Italian club shouldn't be able to play tiki taka football consistently but it is very possible just tap x , then L1 and x some more .

For someone like me who likes to play realistically it's annoying .

So I have to choose a team with fast players to enjoy the game ? Well maybe I'm biased but this game is too fast . The ping pong football is just crazy .

I'm really not happy with this game . Honestly .

Sent from my Infinix X604 using Operation Sports mobile app
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA »