Home

Who do you plan on using in Career Mode this year?

This is a discussion on Who do you plan on using in Career Mode this year? within the EA Sports FC and FIFA forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-08-2019, 08:43 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Who do you plan on using in Career Mode this year?

With the transfer window coming to an end and rosters being set, I'm curious who people are excited to use.

My bundesliga team is Borussia Dortmund so that's always where I start. Losing Pulisic sucks, but excited about the additions elsewhere.

I always take a team through the EPL/Champs League, so I'll probably take a look at Aston Villa. With dynamic potential, it'd be fun to build around Wesley whose coming over from Club Brugge.

Any others? Any young teams I should take a look at? Soccer is my 5th sport, so I don't follow it as close as some of you guys.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-08-2019, 09:29 AM   #2
MVP

OVR: 9
Re: Who do you plan on using in Career Mode this year?

Im alot like you, i dont know the sport well. Its new to me and im learning it each day. A year ago i would have laughed at you about liking soccer being from America. Football (American) has always been my number one but about six months ago i picked up this game at Gamestop for cheap. The lady was like if you dont like it bring it back. So i thought, "What the Hell." But its been my obsession since. Really, its not healthy for me, i should seek help. LOl

Anyways, im gonna start with 2 teams. One, I want to use Cincinnati FC with MLS, being an expansion team whose terrible right now, it will be fun to rebuild them. Plus, i like the uniforms, or i think there called Kits?

Second, I am going to play in the ECL, and work my way to the Premier League. Ill probably go with who i choose this year, Stoke City cause i enjoy their roster.

With 8 saves, i want to try Serie A but them having NOOOO broadcast package really kills my immersion. BOOOOO
Old 08-08-2019, 09:43 AM   #3
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slyone14
Im alot like you, i dont know the sport well. Its new to me and im learning it each day. A year ago i would have laughed at you about liking soccer being from America. Football (American) has always been my number one but about six months ago i picked up this game at Gamestop for cheap. The lady was like if you dont like it bring it back. So i thought, "What the Hell." But its been my obsession since. Really, its not healthy for me, i should seek help. LOl

Anyways, im gonna start with 2 teams. One, I want to use Cincinnati FC with MLS, being an expansion team whose terrible right now, it will be fun to rebuild them. Plus, i like the uniforms, or i think there called Kits?

Second, I am going to play in the ECL, and work my way to the Premier League. Ill probably go with who i choose this year, Stoke City cause i enjoy their roster.

With 8 saves, i want to try Serie A but them having NOOOO broadcast package really kills my immersion. BOOOOO
We are very similar. I'm from Canada, but follow the NFL really closely. I actually write for the Baltimore Ravens, so that's my football too.

My cousin was a huge soccer guy and played for Canada's junior national team so I used ot always play FIFA with him. But it wasn't until like FIFA 16 I think that I got into the game. Naturally I started following teams from there.
Old 08-08-2019, 01:50 PM   #4
Pro

jrnlgrn's Arena

I've recently decided I'll be a Newcastle fan so that's one. If the countries have correct ethnicities when scouting YA prospects I'll probably due either a Japanese or Korean League CM. Definitely a Bundesliga one probably just choose whoever has the best kit lol. Other than that pick one of the non big 5 leagues in Europe again like I did for 19. I had a lot of fun in the Turkish Süper Lig playing as Basaksehir. Also probably actually do one with Cruz Azul in Liga MX started one in 19 but I got annoyed with the game overall and stopped playing as much.

That's the cool thing about FIFA there are so many teams to choose from. Some just like playing the same big teams and buying the best players which is fine but there are so many cool players from other leagues just waiting to be used.

Sent from using Operation Sports mobile app

Last edited by jrnlgrn; 08-15-2019 at 07:00 PM.
Old 08-08-2019, 04:53 PM   #5
Chillin

RoyceDa59's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjacks17
With the transfer window coming to an end and rosters being set, I'm curious who people are excited to use.

My bundesliga team is Borussia Dortmund so that's always where I start. Losing Pulisic sucks, but excited about the additions elsewhere.

I always take a team through the EPL/Champs League, so I'll probably take a look at Aston Villa. With dynamic potential, it'd be fun to build around Wesley whose coming over from Club Brugge.

Any others? Any young teams I should take a look at? Soccer is my 5th sport, so I don't follow it as close as some of you guys.
I plan on doing Dortmund as well, I wanted to use them last year but so many of there faces just looked real bad to me it (I know it sounds a little petty haha) hopefully they improved Bundesliga faces this year.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-09-2019, 11:15 AM   #6
MVP

Wavebird99's Arena

OVR: 10

Man City for sure to start - will prob play 2-3 seasons with them and see how many trophies I can. Will be fun to mess around with lineups and bring in some new talent as well.

Other league team: Serie A always appeals to me for some reason. Not sure who to be there though.

I'm also intrigued by using Aston Villa or Newcastle - two clubs with strong fanbases that would be fun to build up a team with.
Old 08-09-2019, 12:00 PM   #7
KG
Welcome Back

KG's Arena

OVR: 35

I’m not sure this year tbh. I usually never use Chelsea but maybe with some house rules (transfer ban) I might give the youth approach a try.

If not them, maybe I’ll try Germany out with either Schalke or Monchengladbach. Maybe Valencia too, try to get them back into the mix with Atletico and the two giants.

#options

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 08-09-2019, 09:01 PM   #8
MVP

Miles Perry's Arena

OVR: 2

I'll definitely run a few.. I always do one with Tottenham and another with Atleti as they are my favorite clubs. If Lyon gets their stadium back I'll probably play one with them. I also love playing with the new boys in the EPL so I'm sure I'll play a Sheffield United mode at some point. I'm pretty excited about the game this year!

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA »